Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars Nightfall Global press release announcment

Truemode2Truemode2 Member Posts: 46

Press Release - August 24, 2006

ArenaNet and NCsoft Announce October 27 as Global Release Date for Guild Wars Nightfall

Box Art Debuted and Premium Items Announced for Collector's Edition

August 24, 2006 (BELLEVUE, WA) — ArenaNet® and NCsoft® today announced that Guild Wars NightfallTM, the next game in the award-winning and critically-acclaimed Guild Wars® franchise, will be available in stores worldwide October 27, 2006. The news was announced today from the Guild Wars FactionsTM World Championship in Leipzig, Germany.

In this third Guild Wars campaign, players must fight to hold back the night as a mad ruler attempts to free an outcast god and bring darkness to the continent of Elona. But players won't fight alone. Guild Wars Nightfall introduces new customizable Heroes who level up, follow player instructions in combat, and use skills and equipment of the player's choosing. These Heroes will follow the player through savage coasts, ancient monuments, and poisonous deserts during an epic story that spans twenty missions and hundreds of quests. And for the ultimate one-on-one challenge, competitive players can choose to enter the new Hero vs. Hero Battles, where they group with a custom team of Heroes and fight against other players from around the world and their customized groups of Heroes.

Guild Wars Nightfall will be available in both Standard and Collector's Editions. The highly-coveted, limited run, Collector's Edition will include the Guild Wars Nightfall game as well as a Making of Guild Wars Nightfall behind-the-scenes DVD, a collector's art book, collectible skill pins, a character mini-standee, a poster-sized map of Elona, the Guild Wars Nightfall soundtrack CD, and more.

Guild Wars, an instant bestseller worldwide upon its release in April 2005, and Guild Wars Factions, the number one game in both North America and Europe earlier this year, are global online roleplaying games. Guild Wars Nightfall continues the tradition of inviting players to immerse themselves in an epic storyline centered in a vibrant fantasy setting. Eager fans can get the Guild Wars Nightfall Prerelease Bonus Pack in stores on September 15, and the Guild Wars Nightfall Standard Edition and Guild Wars Nightfall Collector's Edition on October 27, 2006.

About ArenaNet
ArenaNet, located in Bellevue, Washington, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NCsoft Corporation. ArenaNet has built a state-of-the-art interactive game network and develops premier multiplayer online games for dedicated game players. ArenaNet's titles, Guild Wars and Guild Wars Factions, are global online roleplaying games that allow gamers to play with anyone, anytime, and anywhere in the world. More information about ArenaNet can be found at www.arena.net.

About NCsoft Corporation
NCsoft North America is headquartered in Austin, Texas and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Korea-based NCsoft Corporation. NCsoft, with its own development and publishing offices in Texas and California, also works with other NCsoft subsidiaries and third party developers throughout North America to develop and publish innovative online entertainment software products. The company has successfully launched multiple online titles in the last three years and continues to support its franchises that include Lineage®/Lineage II, City of Heroes®/City of Villains®, Guild Wars/Guild Wars Factions and Auto Assault®. More information about NCsoft can be found at http://www.plaync.com.

http://www.guildwars.com/press/releases/pressrelease-2006-08-24.php <---proof

This is people who has not Read on this :)

Comments

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

..."Heroes"? That sounds really interesting! I'm also pretty happy about the 20 missions bit. :D

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• mozismozis Member Posts: 436
    They just keep adding more and more to the collectors edition every time they come out with a new campaign... The Heroes thing sounds really cool, I would like to be able to play the role of a person trying to assist the darkness though... A Dark vs. Light battle could add that bit of flavor GW seems to be missing.

• Archangel999Archangel999 Member Posts: 6
    hmm sounds pretty interesting.. we shall have to see how that goes

Arch.Angel

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

Wow!! Sounds like they're trying to change the definition of their game again in Chapter 3...

This one sounds like a MSPORPG = Massively Single-Player Online RPG.

I'm getting the collector's edition!!

(Heroes who we can equip and skill as we like and will respond to our commands, I'm SO there!!!)

• Oprah2Oprah2 Member Posts: 118
    This game looks awesome i cant wait can someone tell me what the style of the game i like
  • Truemode2Truemode2 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Oprah2
    This game looks awesome i cant wait can someone tell me what the style of the game i like

i carnt Vote on this.I like both Prophecies  and factions.The question is wat type of gameing style you like Pve or PvP.Gw Prophecies is mainly pve with some pvp..... Gw Factions is mainly pvp with some pve.I Think ill go make a post on this :)
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    to be honest thats too soon man... factions just came out new and there allready bringing out another one :S

they should let us get bored with factions for a little bit