Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does This Game Look Any Good?

Im not sure, what do you think?

Comments

• DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

Looks good to me.

I want to see a video of the character creation process.  And some PvP videos too, please.

• kaeljaerenkaeljaeren Member UncommonPosts: 20

This is the game that looks most promising to me out of all the MMORPGs that is scheduled to be released in the near future. Mainly because they’ve listened to the community and made a game that will be fun to play altogether. You see, the goal of games like WOW is to reach the level cap and then do the high-level instances until you have the best possible EQ just so you can do the high-level instances more efficient. It seems rather pointless to me. On the other hand TcoS seems to be without boring repetition.

But I can’t say that I’m completely blown away by this concept, go to wait for open beta to start and make up my mind then, but it looks promising to me, I can tell you that. 

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by Dabble

Looks good to me.
    I want to see a video of the character creation process.  And some PvP videos too, please.

Yea, I think it looks pretty dang nice myself.  About the movies though.  If you go to the official website, in the downloads section there are three movies.  The second one (the game features one) has a bit of an example on character creation and the arena combat bit.  It's from an alpha build though, so fairly rough in relation to what I'd expect on release.  The third movie has a lot of somewhat static scenes for the first 1/3 or so, but after that it starts showing some very nice in-game scenes and has a bit of PvP stuff at the end as well.

Originally posted by hehenep

Originally posted by Dabble

Looks good to me.

Yea, I think it looks pretty dang nice myself.  About the movies though.  If you go to the official website, in the downloads section there are three movies.  The second one (the game features one) has a bit of an example on character creation and the arena combat bit.  It's from an alpha build though, so fairly rough in relation to what I'd expect on release.  The third movie has a lot of somewhat static scenes for the first 1/3 or so, but after that it starts showing some very nice in-game scenes and has a bit of PvP stuff at the end as well.

Checked those videos.

the character customization is absolutely fantasitc.

The PvP looked kind of jittery, but it was from alpha stage, so I'm hopefully they made it work better.

• hartamhartam Member Posts: 364
     The character animations are bit crummy. That seems like being nit-picky but if your going to be looking at your character 24/7 they better not run like a retard.

Originally posted by hartam
     The character animations are bit crummy. That seems like being nit-picky but if your going to be looking at your character 24/7 they better not run like a retard.

agreed.

Also the fighting animations leave a lot to be desired.

I took this shot from one of the trailers, I love this area.

• Mikey0002Mikey0002 Member Posts: 97
    I've been beta testing this game since Feburary....and I have to be honest....the movement annimations have always been good. I can't give much detail but I have no idea what you meant by moving retarded. Ok the combat looked a bit sticky, but its been improved...keep in mind that was an alpha. They said it themselves that they revamped the combat system to make it more fun. They are ensuring this game is going to be great and it really is.

All I believe I can say is when your running, your character animates like he's chargining into a fight with his weapon ready to swing any second.

Have to put something up!

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194

I really like some of the new shots:

The draw distance is a bit lacking though.

Awesome screenshots.

• demonkaze1demonkaze1 Member Posts: 11
    in game movies

Here's a couple of the latest videos from Leipzig.

1st one being character customization
    2nd being the starting town

Link also has AoC and Vanguard vid.

• vikingpowervikingpower Member Posts: 16
    Thanks a lot :D I am downloading them at the moment :P
     Wow I totally didn't spot those. Thanks Demonkaze, downloading now..

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194

Another 8 minute gameplay movie:

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    I wish this game was released sooner.

--
    Delanor

• DelphianDelphian Member Posts: 192
    BAD RUNNING ANIMATIONS? Wtf? 
    This game HAS TO BE my most anticipated MMORPG, it looks very promising.
    I think saying the characters running animation.. One must be mistaken! Thinking this is everquest or something as such!
    Can't wait for this one!
    Tired of WoW, even since it was released..

• goukagegoukage Member Posts: 5
    it does.

had a chance to get a glimpse on it at the games convention..

combat and travelling on a shardship were really amazing and the client runs smoothly on an average pc.

character customization is really great because you really see the differences between the two layers (normal clothing and armor).

many other mmorpgs which were presented were just disappointing (maybe they just showed very early beta clients and  i got the wrong picture).

now i just have to wait for open beta

cu

goukage

• Deemos-QBDeemos-QB Member Posts: 28

Its looking very promising to me and the Dev's seem to be looking after their fan base well. Let's jsut cross our fingers and hope all turns out well. I'll def give it a try I love the depth of amount of detail your able to put into your avatar, which i seen in one of the vids.