Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I think I'm pretty much

Done giving a crap about this game or the IP in general.

The more that I think about it, the more I realize that SOE is and has been doing exactly what LA most likely told them to do.
It really just makes total sense. SOE are really just scumbags for selling us unfinished product, and LA are the wonderboys of the CU and even moreso the NGE.

George Lucas ruined the original trilogy, too. What the hell kind of a sadist nerfs a MOVIE?! This guy, Spielberg, and Ted Turner...that's who.
Imagine if Hal Needham went back and decided that TransAms aren't eco-friendly enough, and the Bandit should be driving a Saturn...
Burt Reynolds would destroy every first-born male in the land!

Then came the movie version of the NGE...The prequels. Man did those movies suck.
Episode three was watchable, but there is little replay value. Definately a rental at best.

Now they are working on a TV series...
Star Wars Christmas Special, anyone?
It will probably be like Desperate Housewives set...on Naboo...Or, Queer Eye for the Jed...On Nabooi....Or, even more likely, a blend of Mad About You and CSI: Miami...On Naboo. 
David Caruso stars as TK-421.
Paul Reiser is Boba Fett.

Somehow, they manage to find the new lows...Then they build a basement.
It's really lame, because this game used to have practically unlimited potential...Now it's just limited and potentially impractical.

He takes out the incest...THAT WAS THE ONLY INTERESTING PLOT TWIST IN SIX DAMN MOVIES!

Ok...Now, I'm officially done.

PRE-CU FTmfW!!!!!!!!!!!1!111!11!1!one!111!1eleventy-twelve!11!!!1!

Ok...Done.

Love, Sodapop

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Soda, you're sooooooooo last november. lol

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    man i can really feel the anger in your post.. and im only reading it... hell must break loose when you get angry at some one (IRL)

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    The whole SWG fiasco has soured me on Star Wars in general, I have to admit.  This is why LEC needs to step up to the plate and FORCE classic servers on SOE whether they want to do them or not.

SWG is just another MMO to Smed, if it tanks (ok, it already has), and gets shut down and the IP is damaged beyond repair because of it, why do they care, it's not their IP, and it's no threat to Sony's continued existance.  Actually the PS/3 is that threat but I digress.

SWG is the only MMO that LEC can possibly make, and Star Wars is their most sellable IP.  Damage the Star Wars IP, and LEC's survival is threatened.

Unfortunately, LEC is led by Jim Ward, who is an even bigger clueless idiot than Smed.  And that is saying something.

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

Soda - I understand your pain.  I blame $OE more than LEC, but I understand your position there too.

Originally posted by Wildcat84
    The whole SWG fiasco has soured me on Star Wars in general, I have to admit.  This is why LEC needs to step up to the plate and FORCE classic servers on SOE whether they want to do them or not.

SWG is just another MMO to Smed, if it tanks (ok, it already has), and gets shut down and the IP is damaged beyond repair because of it, why do they care, it's not their IP, and it's no threat to Sony's continued existance.  Actually the PS/3 is that threat but I digress.

SWG is the only MMO that LEC can possibly make, and Star Wars is their most sellable IP.  Damage the Star Wars IP, and LEC's survival is threatened.

Unfortunately, LEC is led by Jim Ward, who is an even bigger clueless idiot than Smed.  And that is saying something.

LEC still has the Indiana Jones IP, Ward mentioned they're using that again.  I wouldn't be too surprised to see them bring Indy back, with the movie and the overall popularity of Lara Croft and all things archaeological.  A Tomb Raider-type MMO, sad to say but it has potential (I'm an archaeologist in R/L and hate looters and looting, but that's another issue entirely).

I too fear the TV show, for many of the reasons previously mentioned.  Here's hoping some exec is put in charge who remembers the magic of the original trilogy and recaptures it.

Like Wildcat said, LEC needs to find a way to get classic servers up but w/o $OE, regardless of via ducks or otherwise.  There is no way $OE cares about SWG now, they're just squeezing that turnip for all the blood they can get from it.

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

• nurseboynurseboy Member Posts: 11

OP:

Dude I have to agree....I, too, am done giving a crap about what is going to happen to this game....I have been hanging onto my CE box and CD's, hoping that pre-cu would someday come back.....

Truth be told, though....I don't have time to play anyway....If pre-cu were reinstated tomorrow....I may resub for a short while....But two kids and another on the way since the launch of SWG (we've been busy ), I just don't have the time I had back then....

I have read your thread a few times and finally have come to this conclusion.....Its not about the game, anymore, for me its been about the drama, and the will of the people and all that crap.... The little bit of emotional energy spent fretting over SWG's situation is stupid, really....and no longer am I going to hold on....

I've got some old branches to burn out in the back yard....I think a ritualistic burning of the CE box, CD's, poster, patch, and artwork booklet is now in order.....  Hell I might even videotape it and put up on youtube...lol

This game now blows, I went back for the 15 day vet trial and couldn't believe how they ruined the game...I'm washing my hands of it....

SWGE*u or not....I am done....

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

I haven't soured completely on Star Wars in general.  I have definately lost a lot of respect for George Lucas, but that has nothing to do with the NGE; just the prequels.

I do think that if LA were to either force SOE to open classic servers (NOT replace NGE servers) or to open some themselves, it would be a great PR move for the corner of the market interested in gaming.

As for the TV shows.  All I can say is that they need to keep Lucas away from any dialogue.  Better yet, hire someone talented to direct it.  My vote is for Joss Whedon.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by SODAofBRIA

The more that I think about it, the more I realize that SOE is and has been doing exactly what LA most likely told them to do.
    It really just makes total sense. SOE are really just scumbags for selling us unfinished product, and LA are the wonderboys of the CU and even moreso the NGE.
    George Lucas ruined the original trilogy, too. What the hell kind of a sadist nerfs a MOVIE?! This guy, Spielberg, and Ted Turner...that's who.
    Imagine if Hal Needham went back and decided that TransAms aren't eco-friendly enough, and the Bandit should be driving a Saturn...

Then came the movie version of the NGE...The prequels. Man did those movies suck.
    Episode three was watchable, but there is little replay value. Definately a rental at best.

It will probably be like Desperate Housewives set...on Naboo...Or, Queer Eye for the Jed...On Nabooi....Or, even more likely, a blend of Mad About You and CSI: Miami...On Naboo. 
    It's really lame, because this game used to have practically unlimited potential...Now it's just limited and potentially impractical.
    He takes out the incest...THAT WAS THE ONLY INTERESTING PLOT TWIST IN SIX DAMN MOVIES!

Ok...Done.

You get in line YOUS!

At least we are still around man....... On the flip side so far being able to say "I told you so" is going well.

If the NGE was a success, we would have no point.   Since it is a obvious train wreck I feel much better.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    It has been confirmed by numerous sources that the NGE was comletely conceived of and implemented by SOE, and not LA. Jeff Freeman in his blog explained already that it was the brainchild of him and Lord Pall (then lead Designer of SWG) in reponse to the suits very general mandate of "making the game more fun."

This was later confirmed by Brenlo, Global communications director of SOE. LA merely allowed it to happen, which ultimately gives them partial responsibility, but complete blame goes to SOE.
  • chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Fishermage
    It has been confirmed by numerous sources that the NGE was comletely conceived of and implemented by SOE, and not LA. Jeff Freeman in his blog explained already that it was the brainchild of him and Lord Pall (then lead Designer of SWG) in reponse to the suits very general mandate of "making the game more fun." This was later confirmed by Brenlo, Global communications director of SOE. LA merely allowed it to happen, which ultimately gives them partial responsibility, but complete blame goes to SOE.

Even so Fish, LA was complicit in the debacle and Jim Ward should not be allowed within a 5 square miles of an MMO.....or much of anything else involving code come to think of it...

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by SODAofBRIA

Ok...Done.

George Lucas had the whole 6 movies written as a story well before the movies came out. By not liking the Pre-quel movies, you are saying you don't like the whole SW story, which makes you what? Not a SW fan, that's what. Is that bad? No. It's okay not to be a SW fan, but to tell the story writer that his story is wrong is obsurd.
    From everything I've seen and heard the NGE was the washing their hands of it and handing full control over to SOE. I think they stopped caring and/or talking about it after the flop of the CU. If you can find me any evidence that shows true complicity, I'll go along with it -- so far all I've seen is Julio and Nancy McIntyre trying to spin things, and Smedley trying to shift blame. The smoking gun is in SOE's hands.

If Jim Ward is involved in anything, it is allowing SOE to flop so SWG2 could be completely an LA product.
  • SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

Originally posted by nthnaoun
    George Lucas had the whole 6 movies written as a story well before the movies came out. By not liking the Pre-quel movies, you are saying you don't like the whole SW story, which makes you what? Not a SW fan, that's what. Is that bad? No. It's okay not to be a SW fan, but to tell the story writer that his story is wrong is obsurd.

That's BS...He may have had a rough outline, but the prequels were NOT written in advance. Neither were the original SEQUELS! That is why they took the incestuous scene out of the new version. Becuase when Lucas hadn't decided to make Leia (sp?) Luke's sister or love interest until the movie mandated a sequel and they actually wrote the sequels.
    A rough outline means about as much as a publish roadmap.

Love, Sodapop

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

It has been confirmed by numerous sources that the NGE was comletely conceived of and implemented by SOE, and not LA. Jeff Freeman in his blog explained already that it was the brainchild of him and Lord Pall (then lead Designer of SWG) in reponse to the suits very general mandate of "making the game more fun." This was later confirmed by Brenlo, Global communications director of SOE. LA merely allowed it to happen, which ultimately gives them partial responsibility, but complete blame goes to SOE.

Heh.  That is a contridiction, Fisher.  You cannot give one party "partial responsibilty" and the other party "complete blame".  I do agree that SOE holds the largest portion of blame (from myself at least).

Originally posted by KenshuAni

Heh. That is a contridiction, Fisher. You cannot give one party "partial responsibilty" and the other party "complete blame". I do agree that SOE holds the largest portion of blame (from myself at least).

Sure I can. For instance. If your kid fails his English test, the blame rests solely with him, but his dad may feel partly responsible, and in a certain sense is. Slightly different shades of meaning there. Responsibility meaning maybe you could have stopped someone from doing a bad thing, vs the "do-er" of the bad thing.
  • nurseboynurseboy Member Posts: 11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoFRf3fITQg

***WARNING*** Its not exciting.....but boy did it feel good....

I'm done with it....