Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Bad community in most MMORPG s has led me on the search for another new MMO

arjun1991arjun1991 Member UncommonPosts: 30

Can someone tell me what to do?
I used to play runescape which had a pretty good community but obvious horrible graphics
I started playing Conquer Online 2.0 which as a game was excellent but the community was completely uncaring and sevrely messed up and crowded (The high levelled guys dont care a shit aboput you they attack you just to prove they're strong and what not else eg. they stand on your item so you cant get it and you can't attack them because they are higher levelled etc. etc.). Also the classes are imbalanced as taos and archers can hit almost double the damage the same level warriors can... (image included with i can only hit that guy 8 damage while you can see the archer is hitting 201!)

Now can someone suggest a game which is good in RPG and graphics and has a good community

Free MMORPG's are preffered well duh :) !  

here the link http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4279/1255/320/untitled.jpg

Comments

• LolexoLolexo Member Posts: 1

Try Tibia ;). There is a nice "skull" system.In short: if someone attack you without a reason he get a white skull, and now any other player can atack him. If you wanna know more visit fansites Click

I'm Tibia player.

• arjun1991arjun1991 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    But the graphics are really bad!

• KibsKibs Member Posts: 411
    Its pay to play, but try the trial of the Saga of Ryzom.  One of the best communities in a game around.  No leet :)

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

• BruesonBrueson Member Posts: 6
    I'm hunting for a good game too.  I feel your pain about communities.  The WoW community did a big chunk of the damage that lead me to never want to go back to it.  So let me know if you find a game out right now thats decent.  Until then I will just watch upcoming games that have great potential.  If nothing good comes out by the time I am done with college (going to get a degree in programing), then I will endevor to make one that we can all escape to and RP whatever characters we can dream up.

cool hehe nice what will the title be?hehe
    what kind of programming are you doing?

• cursedpoetcursedpoet Member Posts: 1
    Every MMORPG is a micro-society that mirrors real world. They are not virtual world with nice people hanging around and having fun. They are societies with their nice people, their cheaters, their scammers, their honest guys, their politicians, their deceivers, their antisocial people, their psychopaths...
    So there are two solution to find your place in a MMORPG : either you find the right community inside a game, because there are always several, or you decide that MMORPG are games and you don't wait too much from other people.

If you don't know that internet anonimity accentuates stupid behaviours, you will go from a MMO to another with dissatisfaction. There are nice people in every game, it's how you ignore other that will help you to appreciate the game.

Listen dude enough with that stupid sermon
    I dont think you understood what i suggested was the reason for me searching for other games.
    There is a difference in communities of most games! Some games have really bad communities because of lax rules and zero regulations while some are the good type with enough rules to keep the bad elements which plague other games out. games which allow pking and powerlevelling anywhere are usually ones with bad commmunities.
    So i guess you'd better rethink that!

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

u know, every game has roleplaying gamers and PK'ers (which are addicted to pvp, dont mislead it with bunch of bored powerlevelled assf***s )
    i like both, but afaik from f2p titles i don't know any which has awesome community
    orr... shadowbane - yeah, it might have them, but play only on the oldest servers - with sb veterans :)
    try to look in lastchaos - currently still in open beta w/o anticipated pvp , but on my forum community is enough nice (i played it only in cb)

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Why do graphics matter?   At least they are 3D.   RS is pretty good even without the graphics   Yeah the community isn't nice any more but it's still a good game.

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• TheDrunkTheDrunk Member Posts: 33

Try Hero online http://hero.netgame.com/ the game has soem what good graphics and the players are cool yet in every game u still have liters and people who have meglomania yet I liek the game  

AND if u go to the pub i have a post on making a M.M.O. and would liek to hear ur sugestions ty

also I play on dragon 4 DNBlueBalzz  fell free to add me to ur freind list when u reach lv 10 and can use ur buddy messenger

• DrakenoraDrakenora Member Posts: 89

alright the graphics are a bit unusual but try Dark Ages (not DAoC) : roleplaying is forced on you, non-roleplayers are punished and can get expelled from certain areas.

You have politics: you can become a city guard and evolve in the military section (you can ban people from cities and you have to maintain the city laws, with rules like in real life) and many other things like a Judge and some other proffessions

You have religion: many gods that give differrent gifts and abilities. Messes and you can become a priest and go up in the Hierarchy.

everything in the game is descided by the players: lore, rules, religion, marriage, laws, prison, politics..ROLEPLAYING....and well a good storyline even if you have to read ALOT to keep up.

• SteropesSteropes Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by cursedpoet
    Every MMORPG is a micro-society that mirrors real world. They are not virtual world with nice people hanging around and having fun. They are societies with their nice people, their cheaters, their scammers, their honest guys, their politicians, their deceivers, their antisocial people, their psychopaths...
    So there are two solution to find your place in a MMORPG : either you find the right community inside a game, because there are always several, or you decide that MMORPG are games and you don't wait too much from other people.

If you don't know that internet anonimity accentuates stupid behaviours, you will go from a MMO to another with dissatisfaction. There are nice people in every game, it's how you ignore other that will help you to appreciate the game.

While this is somewhat true, some games attract different crowds than others.  Games that reward ganking will get mostly gankers.  Games that reward helping your fellow players and punish the bad (e.g. skull system, harsh penalties) will get nicer people because the bad people get frustrated and quit.

However, even good people sometimes go bad if they're having a bad day. :D
  • SolmageSolmage Member Posts: 4
    I don't want to start a debate on wether the game is good or bad. I will however say this, I enjoy D&D Online a lot. Absolutely love the combat system itself, and gorgeous graphics were you sometimes just sit down to watch the view change with time, or pause to watch butterflies flying close to a small water puddle..

It has its problems, the combat isn't well balanced between what say a mage vs a fighter contributes within a quest (tip: go fighter, or paladin, they're easily the most powerful) and it's not huge, but they seem to be getting addressed. (example: November expansion is supposed to increase total quests by 30%!)

But most importantly, a large number of the people I meet there are nice, and often go out of their way to help new players. And this even though I'm not in the "recommended for new players" servers, which have many volunteers who specifically watch for said new players to help them. I play on one of the unofficial RP servers, Sarlona.

• hedgewanhedgewan Member Posts: 64

Seed is one to watch, its a horrible mess right now from what I hear but it has promise. Its funny there right now though, hehe, if you dont roleplay you are frowned upon and not well liked. I like that, its usually the other way around in most games, haha. I think there is a free trial.

Oddly enough, Roma Victor may be another good roleplaying game. Good graphics, I think it begs to be roleplayed too. I do know for certain that there is NO MONTHLY FEE in this. Just buy the game and thats it! The small company that runs it sells thier money to you to make up for it. I think that the game money sweat shops may not be able to touch this one! That alone is reason to consider playing this one I think. You can earn money on your own too though, so you may not ever need to buy money from them ever.

Go for the small business ventures like these. The big corporate titles usually end up a chaotic mass of kids at some point.

Not related to the original topic question but something I want to get off my chest is the fact that MMORPGs certainly do not mirror the real world. At least not in the USA I know. Most people in the US do not have internet access to thier home, and broadband is expensive here. We lose out of a HUGE chunk of our population. I know some cities like one in Pennsylvania I think tried to make wireless internet available to all, like radio, but the big corporations like Verizon and Comcast stopped it from happening. I dont know how other countries are but I have heard from the US Federal Communications Commission that USA is ranked like 33 in the world for broadband interent access, right under Slovenia (pardon if I misspeled your country, no offense). Thats really lousy for a country like USA, and incredible for every country better! Go Slovenia! So for games like DAOC that has mainly US players, MMORPGS are CERTAINLY NOT anything like the real world.

Sorry about my rant, I had to say that.

• MakeaMakea Member Posts: 3

I would also like to put forward that the official forums of a game are not necessarily indicative of "the community", even though it may be the most accessible and visible barometer, naturally.  But periphrial fansites can offer very positive and focused alternatives to the "this game sux" attitude that seems to pervade forums that are affixed to the official site of a game.  Case in point - the official forums for Lord of the Rings Online, despite the efforts of the Online Community Team, can often bog down into name calling and character bashing (probably due to heightened and strung out anticipation).  It can be quite negative and dispiriting.  But the fansites, such as LotroSource, that have followed the development of the game since its first announcement, tend to be more personable and upbeat than the officials.  I believe the fansites can be a much better indication of the community that you will find in the game.

Now, I guess that's if you are taking the forums as being a mirror of the community.  It's been my experience that where the forums go, so goes the community, but I suppose it could be argued that official forums attract only a part of the community, and in fact that any forums are only a part of the community.  But when I want to check out a game's community before getting into the game, I'll check out the online community, and I think others may have that tactic, too.

• IvannatinkleIvannatinkle Member Posts: 109
    Anarchy Online has a helpful community and the GMs/ARKS(ingame CSR) are some of the best I've seen yet