Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monthly fee

And now for the question u've all been waiting for... or have read before and i miss (T.T) is there a monthly fee announced, and how much is it?

Comments

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

The FAQ for TCoS can be found here: http://tcos.com/en/gameworld/?id=faq.

Under general knowledge point 1.7 it states:

"We have not made final decisions about the cost to play. There will be a retail fee for the original purchase, most likely in line with standard PC titles. In addition, it is likely that we will go with the industry standard of paying per month (or 3, 6, 12 months) of play. We are investigating alternate payment plans, and should any of those be feasible we will offer it in addition to this standard.

Payment options for a monthly subscription fee have also not been finalized. It is likely that we will provide multiple options, and that a credit card will not be the only method of payment. We realize that not everyone wishes to pay in this manner, and will be working out details for these users as well."

So there you have it, not much of a mystery and this information can be found with all of 1 minute of searching.

• Jeremy26mncJeremy26mnc Member Posts: 12
    Hopefully they will give a trial period.
  • shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by Jeremy26mnc

I'm sure, just as with all other mmo's, you will get a 30 day trial with the purchase of a retail box or download. That seems to be fairly standard now days and it just makes good marketing business wise.
  • NaazirNaazir Member Posts: 90
    I would imagine in general any MMORPG coming out is going to be priced about the same as current games. Wouldn't make sense to charge more unless you offered more. No one's really offering more, just something prettier.  ;)

-Naaz.

• Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668

Originally posted by shae

I'm sure, just as with all other mmo's, you will get a 30 day trial with the purchase of a retail box or download. That seems to be fairly standard now days and it just makes good marketing business wise.

How many times does have to be said!? If you pay for it, it's not a trial! That's like buying Prince of Persia, popping it in your PS2 and then your PS2 refusing to let you play until you pay $15. Boxes are complete rip offs, they make you pay to download a client.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Well according to their site (www.tcos.com) and other sites that keep tabs on this game, they are close to offering an 'open' beta here in October.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S