Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might buy L2.

cpaw88cpaw88 Member Posts: 48
I don't mind grinding at all since I come from a background of Korean and mostly Asian MMORPGs, is L2 a good game with a good community?  Are there a lot of people playing?

Comments

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

There's a sizable community. I too am thinking about coming back. FFXI was fun for me but because school is starting, I don't have big chunks of time to devote to FFXI.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by Ranma13

There's a sizable community. I too am thinking about coming back. FFXI was fun for me but because school is starting, I don't have big chunks of time to devote to FFXI.

l2 is also a grind game. you have to spend long hours .......
  • newblooddnewbloodd Member Posts: 107
    Very good game
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Awesome game! There are bad people and good people. You just have to find the right group. Me and my RL friend made our own clan togeather and now it has 10 people in it active all the time, and during clan events it can have up to 17 people on or so. Don't let a random punk destroy your outlook.

There are bots, but they usually get banned every few months in mass bannings. Ebaying money is about as prevailant as any other MMO, but in this one it hurts when someone beats you over the head with a ebayed uber weapon. Farmers are about the same as any MMO except it is kinda nice because most use bots so you don't have to deal with the Farmer BS. And usually you can tell them to leave for a while and they will.

Awesome pvp, but you will have to lvl up a bit. Clan system is great. And although many may not agree, I love the class system too. Graphics are the sexiest on the market.

Also another note. This is also a time consuming game. I too go to college, but I still find some time to play it. You can play at your own pace and experience some things even though it won't really take off until lvl 40+. Which can take you 3 days depending on how hardcore you are. But don't burn yourself out! hehe

Give it a try, you may like it. Esspecially if you are use to Korean MMO grind.

• ellick19ellick19 Member Posts: 2
    i just recently quit WoW and was looking into l2 for the pvp capabilities and after doing some research on it i found out its a point and click game like diablo...this has saddend me and makes me not want to buy it. in any way does this affect the game at all? does it take away from player controll? please im in need of answers everything ive read about this game i love except for the point and click.
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    If you have played many games with WASD movement it may take you a while to get use to point and click. IMO I wouldn't really want WASD movement in L2 since I have gotten use to the point and click method. I think it is great and dosn't hinder gameplay at all. If it hindered gameplay the dev's would have went with another format or made it so it wouldn't hinder game play. L2 was designed for point and click, and thus works very well.

• ellick19ellick19 Member Posts: 2
    thank you thats what i wanted to hear!!!! :)
  • Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301
    Been through alot of mmo's now and Lineage 2 is the only one I enjoy alot. The community is great. Get yourself in a clan and download ventrilo and the grind is almost gone. Botters and the economy are the only downsides I can think of. But thoses petty downsides are far out wieghed by the biggest raids in any mmo and the biggest pvp which is an excellent reward for the "grind"

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672
    you hardly even notice the grind as long as you have nice ppl tot talk to, and maybe fire up lineage radio, and it makes it easy/fun to lvl

and the click movement works REALLY well in this game, imho

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• dunpeldunpel Member Posts: 28
    Yeah! i might be buying lineage 2 at the end of the year, i just have to get some stuff sorted out and im on my way playing .Only one thing i want to know! i live in australia ok, would it effect me playing lineage 2 e.g time difference sence its heavly played in NA and asia?

jebiga

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Originally posted by dunpel
    Yeah! i might be buying lineage 2 at the end of the year, i just have to get some stuff sorted out and im on my way playing .Only one thing i want to know! i live in australia ok, would it effect me playing lineage 2 e.g time difference sence its heavly played in NA and asia?

Not really, there are people playing at all times.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• dunpeldunpel Member Posts: 28
    Oh ok thats good then. i remember in WoW i had to grind all my way to lvl 50 >_< (no one on in the guild and only few people on the server). 

jebiga

• stinkingDstinkingD Member Posts: 34

I started playing on the weekend, and was a bit put out with the point and click.  It doesn't take long to get used to, especially if you've played NWN.  I still sometimes feel the need for direct control though, especially when swimming.

As for population.  I originally started on the Lionna server as it's the unofficial RP community.  The newbie areas were deserts.  When I found out about the siege and event times being north american friendly times I created a character on the euro server.  A huge difference.  The euro server is the newest one, and therefore a) has UK friendly event times, and b) the newbie areas are full of pathetic weaklings like me =D