Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions concerning tamers. :)

TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

Hey, everyone. I was thinking about using this build to make a tamer. Please, I"m aware that tamers are not the juggernauts of PvP. However, I think there's a little bit of awesomeness to riding a powerful, gorgeous nightmare around/into battle. Anyway! Tips or suggestions on this build, please help! Also, any good spots to train a tamer at would be highly appreciated. Or great leveling methods for some of these skiills. Any comments appreciated. Thank you!

For Mage Tamer

Eval Intel - 100
Magery - 100
Vet - 100
Lore - 100
Taming - 100
Meditation - 100
Anatomy - 100

Anyway. There you go! :) Comments, concerns, complaints, please.

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    Looks good
    1 piece of advice:  When you create the toon start with high taming skill.  It's a pain to raise so you'll want to start with a fairly decent skill.  The rest go up pretty easily with use... Taming, on the other hand, can be really painful, especially when first starting out, if it's low.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• aplannaaplanna Member Posts: 7
    Even been a tamer mage, dont forget the peace, because i just do this tamer mage and i suffer a lot, think about this
  • ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491

I had a mage tamer before +20 scroll came out and it looked like this:

For Mage Tamer:

Eval Int - 100
    Magery - 100
    Vet - 100
    Lore - 100
    Taming - 100
    Meditation - 100
    Hiding - 100

Now I have this:

Eval Intel - 60
    Magery - 100
    Vet - 120
    Lore - 120
    Taming - 120
    Meditation - 100
    Hiding - 100

I have + 20 Skillpoints now because of the time I have been playing.

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• JesterDevJesterDev Member Posts: 44

It's been many many years since I GM'd (120 now) taming, but like someone else said start with 50 skill. Vet is easy to rasie, and so are your other skills now that 8x8 is broken. You can pretty much stay in one spot and train for hours at the brit bank.

Personally I agree with having Peace. Here's my template:

Taming 120
    Vet 120
    Magery 110 (on the way to 120)
    Music 115.6 (on the way to 120)
    Peace 120
    Med 100

My cap is 720 btw.

This template has served my well for many years. And with the addition of the 120 scrolls, I'm almost Godly.
    I can solo pretty much anything in game with a WW, and a Mare. But of course my suit helps also: 13 mana regen and 20 HP regen (Bracelet of health and Voice make a big differnce!). But with Pub 42 my suit will be capped to 15 HP regen..

So anyway just a suggestion.