Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions regarding L2 "grind"

outthislifeoutthislife Member Posts: 115

I'm a WoW player; I got it for the PvP. Now that WoW's PvP has gone downhill ever since Battlegrounds I've been looking at Lineage2, but I have a few questions:

1) Is it just an item grind? Where I'm forced to raid/farm something to compete in PvP?
2) Is it a skilled base system, or a "whoever put more time into it" system?
3) Has this game sucked your life into a hole making you an addict?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    1) No
    2)Both
    3)Yes

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by outthislife
    I'm a WoW player; I got it for the PvP. Now that WoW's PvP has gone downhill ever since Battlegrounds I've been looking at Lineage2, but I have a few questions:

1) Is it just an item grind? Where I'm forced to raid/farm something to compete in PvP?

There is a huge grind for money and mats. All higher lvl equipment must be crafted. The economy is extremely hard compared to other games.

There are skills but it is a system based on archetypes: nuker, tank, damage dealer, buffer healer. There is some cross over with some of the classes though.

yeah, the Art design really sucks me in. Also, the sieges can be incredible.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325

1.) Yes there is an item grind, along with a level grind. You don't HAVE to raid to compete in pvp. You can just do normal grind, but raiding can be really fun and rewarding. Mostly everything rewarding comes through grind, although there are some really good quests but they are not many.

2.) I would say it is a "whoever put more time into it" type game. Although there is skill involved most likely someone 10 or more levels above you will always win. Also remember your time playing usually coincides with ones skill level too. You can't just log into the game and start pwning. It is gonna take you some time to learn how to PvP well. It is different when doing mass pvp, I feel that is highly skill based on how well you organize your parties and strategies.

3.) It has soo sucked my life away. MMOs are kinda designed to make you addicted. But really, although I have put of many RL things that I wish I wouldn't have and now have a few regrets I have never been so addicted where I skipped work, didn't eat, didn't bath and practice good hygene, and whatnot. The only things that maybe I lost a bit of were my social life (I was never a very social person tho) and putting of school work such as my college studies and homework...which I know is what has harmed me the most playing this game. It is odd, it makes u ambitious in game, but then u start to loose ambition in RL. This is all dependant on the person though. You may not get addicted to the point that it takes away from ur RL things, or you may.
  • NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

1) yes, there is a lot of grind. Not as far as raiding goes (top gear stuff is crafted / found from top mobs) but grind for adena, for levels.

2) Mostly a "who put more time into it" system, and also a "who is fighting who" sort of system. There is some skill in it (mostly in group PvP I find though, 1v1's can come down to skill and luck though).

3) Nope, recently quit.