Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWII Online

madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

Hey folks,

I've just toyed around with WWII Online over the last couple years, always liked it but never really got too into it. I'm giving it another go and am wondering if any of you MMORPG.com folks run/are any squads(?) or groups that wouldn't mind another person to tag along and learn the ropes a bit better.. and have some fun. ::::02:: Thanks in advance folks.

----------------------
Jake

I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring
- Richard P. Feynman, 1988

Comments

• skunrooskunroo Member Posts: 27
    Hi there, ive been playing on and off for 2 years .... love the game. Check this squad out www.alliedstriketeam.com good bunch of people.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476
    If they've changed anything that allows foot soldiers to get to combat quicker, come back and let us know.  It is the only thing keeping me from playing.

• mrwigglz07mrwigglz07 Member Posts: 283
    how much per month...

The anticpation of death is far worse than death itself.

[img]http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/images/banner.gif[img]

If you wait to do something until the last minute, your more efficient since it will only take 1 minute.

• DrumgorDrumgor Member Posts: 48

Hmm, if you think you'd like to play Axis then: blowfire.homepage.dk/91st is a great mainly Euro Prime time squad but we also we have a 24/7 presence (it's just that we have like 40-60 players online during euro prime time 10-20 players online during aussie prime time and somewhere in the middle during US primetime). Great fun, squad events once a month (fielding up to 120 players during those events plus several other friendly squads joining the fun), superb organisation and leadership, great variety of playstyles, nice people and lots of drunk swedes. An international squad with over 200 members from across 17 different countries, using both TS and text chat. GHC affiliated.

Notes on the other posts: Yes, they have changed the inf gameplay. Depot spawning has almost totally reduced the boring opel/beddy/laffy rides as you can now spawn in captured depots in an enemy town and get right where the action is. Only time you will need to ride an opel is during the initial stages of the attack. And about the price it's around $13 or $14 per month (can't really remember since I'm using the 6-month subscription)

• airborgairborg Member Posts: 11

LOL, and if you like to play ALLIED then try the 5th Brigade, its a 24/7 but also primarily Euro brigade compriseing of multiple squads all comeing together in the one brigade.

http://www.virtual11th.com/ for the website of one of the brigade squads. Also in responce to the time it takes to get to a fight, hey, just spawn in a contested town and die quickly if thats what you are looking for, but then again, link up with an allied unit on channel 22 and move into the action as one team.

• ArmorDillianArmorDillian Member UncommonPosts: 275

I wanted to try the free trial  BUT seems that options is gone,  now they want 9.90$ to try it.

To bad ,  I wanted to try the game

• CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231

With 9,99$ You get a full account and 30 days play time! Thats the cheapest price for an account ever! I payed 75$ for an account here in europe back in 2001 when the game was released...!

Great game...only gets better!

For You guys looking for a squad...theres a recruitment forum full of squad-ads on the wwiionline.com forums ... just look there and You'll find one that suits You!

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

• LannyenLannyen Member Posts: 16
    WW2OL is great.  I got it the day it launched and it sucked.  I came back about a year later and the game owns and gets better and better with each patch.  I dont see myself leaving the game for a long time.  And in refrence to someone asking about inf getting into action faster, im not sure when you stopped playing.  But one thing that came in semi-recently is that when attacking an enemy town you capture the depot that connects to yours and you can spawn a limited ammount of troops right into the town.  Also if you are interested in a free trial I think you can email the rats and they might give you one.

• airborgairborg Member Posts: 11

Yet another patc has been done, now visual damage looks good, and the battle rageing at the moment is in its 5th week of the campaign, with many reviews still based on the old setting, maybe time the players here took another look at their rateing.

Hope to meet a few over there, and if you are UK based, UK mini-con comeng up shortly.

• bablebable Member Posts: 24

It's good to see more interest in WW2OL.  I play the game pretty much every day, it never gets old.

If you decide to give it a try look me up on the Allied side and I will try to help you learn the game.  The game has a very steep learning curve, but once you get the basics down and join a squad, you will learn fast.

$9.90 for the game and 30 days free?  I preordered the game in May of 2001 for $60 and it didn't even work back then. :)  It's worth it.

Bable
    Allied CinC - Retired
    World War 2 Online
    www.lagardeimperial.com

• HieronymousHieronymous Member UncommonPosts: 20

For allied side...try these guys---->  www.9th-lag.com  

Good group of troopers!

"Definition of a scientist - A man who understands nothing till there was nothing left to understand" - Matthias (The Omega Man)

• phantiumphantium Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Doesn't look like a game worth paying for, the graphics don't look very good when i see the screenshots. Which might be wrong but yeah it's not my kind of thing. I'm a graphic whore since i got a Hercules 3D Prophet 9800XT Classic.

Peace out.

Twitter @Phantium

Well keep an eye on it for the next couple of months.  They are working on improving graphics for the next major release.  :)

Bable
    Allied CinC - Retired
    World War 2 Online
    www.chawks.com

Bable
    Allied CinC - Retired
    World War 2 Online
    www.lagardeimperial.com

New foilage (Trees, bushes etc.) are due out in a week or two for version 1.13.  The new graphics looks awesome!  I can't wait!

Bable
    Allied CinC - Retired
    World War 2 Online
    www.chawks.com

Bable
    Allied CinC - Retired
    World War 2 Online
    www.lagardeimperial.com

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

[quote]Originally posted by bable
    [b]New foilage (Trees, bushes etc.) are due out in a week or two for version 1.13. The new graphics looks awesome! I can't wait!

Bable
    Allied CinC - Retired
    World War 2 Online
    [url=www.chawks.com][/b][/quote]

I can't wait for you to stop bumping every post about WWII Online. We know about the update that is coming, thanks.

Now stop bumping every thread with the same post.