Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which

ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
Which is more fun GW or GWF? are they connected in any way? do I need one to enjoy the other etc?

Comments

• HyperNHyperN Member Posts: 15

I havent tried any of em, but ive checked up on it alot, as im pretty sure i will buy it.. factions, that is.

GW Factions and the normal GW is 2 seperate games. Dont need normal to play factions.

Cheers mate

-----------------------------------------
    Playing: WoW, EVE Online
    Played: AC2

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    oh. so their not connected or linked to eachother at all?

FINALLY, able to post again... Something screwed up mad here, wasnt able to post...

Sorry, forgot a rather major thingy ;)

Factions and Normal GWs battlefields are connected together. Factions and Normal is like 2 different islands, not able to access each other. Think if you got both Normal and Factions, you can travel between the 2 islands, but that im not 100% sure about... Told before, i havent played it myself ;) Anyways, hope this updated info helps you more than my first rubbish ;)

Cheers!

Lol! it did, thanks. Are you Australian or British? cause you talk adorable ^_^

Haha, thanks for that... No, im not :) Im Norwegian...

Not 100% sure how the pvp system is though.. would pretty much like to know about that, if anyone who reads this know how it is :) I know about this battle island thingy, but is it any other pvp on the normal isles? hum... and you get some fair enough rewards for pvp, dont you? in form of XP aswell? PvP is mostly all that matters in a mmorpg in my case you see ;)

On topic stuff, guess i never get a reply before i buy the game myself though.. this forum doesnt look so active, and neither am i ::::19::

Cheers

LOL!!! Awww how cute<3

• ADM_ANADM_AN Member Posts: 23

OK GWP and GWF (thats Prophecies and Factions) each can be a seperate game of their own with somewhat different storylines.  However if you don't have both games, then you should know that certain Game Characters such as the Monk Menhlo are in both games.

However if you have 1 game, then buy the other one and combine the 2 serial keys, then it becomes 1 large game where you can play both storylines and cross your character from 1 game into the other game.

GWP has a european gothic theme, GWF as an asian (japanese) theme.  IF anyone would like to start with GW, I would suggest you start with GWP first as it offers more on learning the basics and mastering the game.  GWF however doesn't provide much in the way of teaching new players how to master the game as the designers most likely assumed that GWF buyers already had GWP.

Another thing I would like to suggest is that if you are a person with lots of free time and normally play games like 10-15 hours a day, then you will most likely get tired of GW quickly (not because the game is bad) because I believe this game was designed for people who have like only 2-3 hours of play time per day or just a few hours a week, so they don't need to spend many hours to try and catch up to other players before starting the competitive areas.  But that doesnt mean the game play is not enjoyable, it is quite fun, the graphics are good, sound is fair, and as for the PvP or GvGs, they are of epic proportions and for an average gamer, the chance of winning and loosing is 50/50 because this game tries to make sure everyone has a fair chance of being the winner.  IF you have ever played other games such as Conquer Online, then you would probably like this game better as you do not have to deal with people who act as if they're the GODs and you have to worship them.

1 warning though, IF YOU ARE NOT THE TYPE OF person who enjoys teamwork to accomplish a goal, then chances are you wont make it far in the game.  What I liked about this game is that in order to win, you gotta be a team member and not go off on your own.

(Soon they are going to have a third installment which will have an African theme as rumors go.  I believe they are going to call it Guild Wars Nightfall.)

There are a few downsides to this game (if you can call them downsides)

1. the level cap is 20

2. leveling is fairly easy, but later parts require that your team is united in order to finish the quests.

• ADM_ANADM_AN Member Posts: 23

Another thing I would like to mention is.

Give every profession a chance.  Don't just assume 1 profession isn't good or it can't do a thing.  Each profession has their strong and weak points and if you can fully understand how to utilize a certain profession, then you have a more then fair chance of being able to beat nearly any opponent.

All you need is patience and give time to get to know how your profession works.

• warrenhuiwarrenhui Member Posts: 13

Amen to that.

• KibaInuzukaKibaInuzuka Member Posts: 1
    I say go with GWP first, then move on to GWF, that way you will learn the basics of the game, but hey  its not my decision, do what you want.
  • AcertijoXAcertijoX Member Posts: 8

I havnt played it yet, but i've been researching about the 2 sides of the game, and every1 recomend to begin playing the GW and not the Factions, but what if i want to start with a new character like an Assassin?? its only a Faction's character, and if i start with the Original, maybe when i get the Factions i will be bored or i may not want to start a new character just cuz i got another1 better.

so how hard could it be to start playing with the faction without knowing anything about the gameplay??

• I personal started with GWP, because I wanted the story line to flow from one chapter to another. But you can definetly go straight to GWF. I started a new char. in GWF to see how things were different. When you start a new GWF char. you will start in Sheng Ja Island (Pardeon the Spelling). It this island will give you an understanding of the game, and the back story that you need to understand the mainlands quest.
    One word of warning about GWF, make sure you do all the quest on the starter island before moving over to the mainlands. Most of the mobs are lvl 20 and will wipe the floor with you if you go into battle half cocked. Also get yourself in a good guild. The game is more unjoyable and easier if you have some friends to help you wout the the quest. The maps on the mainlands are basicly a huge rat maze, and you will get lost easily.
    Good luck with your dicision.