Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a good, free game to sink your teeth into? Come here!*Updated*

I see many posts saying "looking for a good game" and here, in this very topic I written games that you should try if you need a game to play. Enjoy!

Flyff

Developer: Aeonsoft

This is the best game I have ever played, it has kept me entertained for over a year and many years to come! Come join the large, growing population and soar in the skies of Madrigal! Yes, thats right, you can actually fly on Flyff! Hunt down mobs to level up complete with an array of sweet weapons and armour! Nail your enemies with lots of powerful, vivid skills and a fast-paced, adrenaline rushing fighting style! There are also lots of rewarding quests to be done! Show the people whos boss and visit the duel arena and gain duel points and duel ranks! There is also a PK server on each of the 4(and still more to come)server clusters! All this for FREE!!

Interested? Go to www.flyff.gpotato.com
Just download, register and play for free! Registering also gives you acces to another good game, Space Cowboy! Read about it below!

Space Cowboy

Developer: Masangsoft

Another game presented by Gala-net, like flyff, if you have already registered with Flyff you can have access to this game! In this game you can be the polit you always wanted to be! Choose between 4 great ships or "Gears" and roam the planets and shoot down your enemies. Theres lots of rewarding quests to be done aswell! Equipt your gear with lots of different types of guns, missles and armour! Theres also a faction system, a duel system and Nation Wars! Join in, for FREE!!

Interested? Go to www.sco.gpotato.com
Remember, if you have already registered with Flyff, you don't need to register again, just download!

MapleStory

Developer: Wizet Corporation

Ah yes, the side-scroller. First before you judge this, try it. It's a good game with beautiful 2D anime graphics! Lots of powerful enemies to kill and dangerous places to explore! Just register, download and play for free!

Interested? Go to www.mapleglobal.com

Anarchy Online

Developer: Funcom

This is a very unique and original Sci-Fi MMORPG. You will be on the the planet of Rubi-Ka which is very vast and beautiful with lots of huge cities to get lost in! Unlike some games, this game is not only "kill and lv up" There are lots of other things to do like go to lots of places of entertainment, bars, clubs. You can also have your own appartment and decoarate it with lots of accesories, even invite some friends over! This game is free but there are also great expansion packs like ShadowLands, Notum Wars and Alien Invasion you can pay for!

Interested? Visit www.anarchyonline.com

Ferentus

Developer: DQ Technology

A pretty nice game thats still in BETA testing. This game is ideal for people who like Solo-play and the quite life, as it's not to crowded or lively. However, theres not much features in the game yet, but you can still enjoy the vast world, the smooth graphics and the performance. You really should give it a try!

Interested? Visit www.ferentus.com  

Thats it for now, I will continue to update this as soon as I meet some more good free games! Please sticky this!

If you are familiar with a good free game, please post it here with the link so I can check it out, Thank you

Comments

• ApharAphar Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by FahrenheitTH
    I see many posts saying "looking for a good game" and here, in this very topic I written games that you should try if you need a game to play. Enjoy!

Flyff

This is the best game I have ever played, it has kept me entertained for over a year and many years to come! Come join the large, growing population and soar in the skies of Madrigal! Yes, thats right, you can actually fly on Flyff! Hunt down mobs to level up complete with an array of sweet weapons and armour! Nail your enemies with lots of powerful, vivid skills and a fast-paced, adrenaline rushing fighting style! There are also lots of rewarding quests to be done! Show the people whos boss and visit the duel arena and gain duel points and duel ranks! There is also a PK server on each of the 4(and still more to come)server clusters! All this for FREE!!

Just download, register and play for free! Registering also gives you acces to another good game, Space Cowboy! Read about it below!

Thats the truth :D   I like this game to its awsome!!

• holythoughholythough Member Posts: 236

i rather miss shadowbane

http://chronicle.ubi.com

also free sins a little while, pretty good game especially if you like in depth PvP options

• Volatar!Volatar! Member Posts: 4

MapleStory

Developer: Wizet Corporation

Ah yes, the side-scroller. First before you judge this, try it. It's a good game with beautiful 2D anime graphics! Lots of powerful enemies to kill and dangerous places to explore! Just register, download and play for free!

Interested? Go to www.mapleglobal.com

MS was interesting for a few hours, the weird monsters kept me there and pulls me back after a little bit, but the pointless grindfest NEVER ends
  • grim_skunkgrim_skunk Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I must admit - I wasn't expecting a lot from Flyff as it is free to download and play, but it is actually a fun game!  Thanks for the recommendation. 

• VanillacreamVanillacream Member Posts: 344

You are aware there is a "Free" games list already? And they all are on it?

Dont get me wrong tho. I apresiate you are spreading some news over free games you like, but asking them to "sticky" this tread is streching it a bit far.

• FahrenheitTHFahrenheitTH Member Posts: 130
    This is a RECOMMENDATION though! It's different....

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

I see many posts saying "looking for a good game" and here, in this very topic I written games that you should try if you need a game to play. Enjoy!FlyffDeveloper: AeonsoftThis is the best game I have ever played, it has kept me entertained for over a year and many years to come! Come join the large, growing population and soar in the skies of Madrigal! Yes, thats right, you can actually fly on Flyff! Hunt down mobs to level up complete with an array of sweet weapons and armour! Nail your enemies with lots of powerful, vivid skills and a fast-paced, adrenaline rushing fighting style! There are also lots of rewarding quests to be done! Show the people whos boss and visit the duel arena and gain duel points and duel ranks! There is also a PK server on each of the 4(and still more to come)server clusters! All this for FREE!!Interested? Go to www.flyff.gpotato.comJust download, register and play for free! Registering also gives you acces to another good game, Space Cowboy! Read about it below!Space CowboyDeveloper: MasangsoftAnother game presented by Gala-net, like flyff, if you have already registered with Flyff you can have access to this game! In this game you can be the polit you always wanted to be! Choose between 4 great ships or "Gears" and roam the planets and shoot down your enemies. Theres lots of rewarding quests to be done aswell! Equipt your gear with lots of different types of guns, missles and armour! Theres also a faction system, a duel system and Nation Wars! Join in, for FREE!!Interested? Go to www.sco.gpotato.comRemember, if you have already registered with Flyff, you don't need to register again, just download!MapleStoryDeveloper: Wizet CorporationAh yes, the side-scroller. First before you judge this, try it. It's a good game with beautiful 2D anime graphics! Lots of powerful enemies to kill and dangerous places to explore! Just register, download and play for free!Interested? Go to www.mapleglobal.comAnarchy OnlineDeveloper: FuncomThis is a very unique and original Sci-Fi MMORPG. You will be on the the planet of Rubi-Ka which is very vast and beautiful with lots of huge cities to get lost in! Unlike some games, this game is not only "kill and lv up" There are lots of other things to do like go to lots of places of entertainment, bars, clubs. You can also have your own appartment and decoarate it with lots of accesories, even invite some friends over! This game is free but there are also great expansion packs like ShadowLands, Notum Wars and Alien Invasion you can pay for!Interested? Visit www.anarchyonline.comThats it for now, I will continue to update this as soon as I meet some more good free games! Please sticky this!

Good collection. I don't even take the time to type all that out. We should make a top 10 free mmo list so people wouldn't make 60 threads a day with the same name 'The best free mmo? lol'

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

If you know a good free MMORPG, feel free to post it here, with the link so i'll check it out

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

You recommend those crap Asian games over Shadowbane? A commercially released game in the US? ::::12::::::12::::::12::::::12::::::12::

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • theznutztheznutz Member Posts: 2
    would you be able to recommend a free game that doesn't have high system requirments?  i played flyff and all the sprites appear completely white.  I tried MapleStory and it's to frustrating and gets boring in a few days.  Anarchy online and Space cowboy are probably to high in system requirments for my piece of crap labtop (my comp broke so i have to use this piece of crap in the meantime).  i like pvp a lot, so if you could recommend something along the lines of that genre it'd be nice. 
  • TuutobTuutob Member Posts: 607

Originally posted by theznutz
    would you be able to recommend a free game that doesn't have high system requirments?  i played flyff and all the sprites appear completely white.  I tried MapleStory and it's to frustrating and gets boring in a few days.  Anarchy online and Space cowboy are probably to high in system requirments for my piece of crap labtop (my comp broke so i have to use this piece of crap in the meantime).  i like pvp a lot, so if you could recommend something along the lines of that genre it'd be nice. 

About the Flyff texture problem, restart your computer and this should go away. Or change your screen resolution. This happened to me on Space Cowboy.

BUT, if you are really interested in a low system requirement game, Shadowbane is the way to go.

People say it is only for poeple who like PvP, but the PvE ain;t bad either and finding a grind group was easy last time I played (though I have heard they have taken the global channel out, which would make it a lot harder).

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by SnaKey

You recommend those crap Asian games over Shadowbane? A commercially released game in the US? ::::12::::::12::::::12::::::12::::::12::

yup, because even those free asian games are much better then Shadowbane. altough I'm sure all shadowbane players will disagree with me, both of them.
  • 13erQS13erQS Member Posts: 10

Flyff

Just download, register and play for free! Registering also gives you acces to another good game, Space Cowboy! Read about it below

Thank you for this, i'll definitely try it

Hey, not all Asian games are crap! Fllyff is a GREAT game, and it's better than most American ganes. Personally, I think that Americans think that they are good at everything, they're just show-offs,no offence intended to Americans, just my opinion. 2 people read about Flyff here, they tried it and they liked it!

Btw, i'll try ShadowBane, if it's good i'll post it here

• 13erQS13erQS Member Posts: 10

Hey, not all Asian games are crap! Fllyff is a GREAT game, and it's better than most American ganes. Personally, I think that Americans think that they are good at everything, they're just show-offs,no offence intended to Americans, just my opinion. 2 people read about Flyff here, they tried it and they liked it!

Btw, i'll try ShadowBane, if it's good i'll post it here

I couldn't agree more, it isn't fair to judge a game before you played it.
  • myrrdinirlmyrrdinirl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 314

You forgot to mention Shadowbane's stellar playerbase

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

my eyes....... MY EEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sorry, i just visited the 'flyff' website... seriously you should warn people that it looks like.... that. *stumbles away nauxiously*

Originally posted by theznutz

Well athough MS is 2D you have to have a good graphic card for it to run good and Anarchy Online should be good for your laptop, since the graphics aren't flashy. You don't need high requirements for Flyff or SCO either. You can play it even with a 128MB RAM and a 800Mhz processor.

Originally posted by Hohbein

my eyes....... MY EEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sorry, i just visited the 'flyff' website... seriously you should warn people that it looks like.... that. *stumbles away nauxiously*

Ok, the Flyff site hasn't been updated in a LONG time(They only update the Cash Shop >.>, the thing that gets them money) but the game rocks, try it!