Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hero Online: Launch Day Preview

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Hero Online is live today. You can find out if its worth spending your time and money on in this Launch Day Preview by our own Carolyn Koh.

image Hero Online is a Korean Free to Play game that has been ported over for the US market. Typical of many of its lineage, the client is free and there are no monthly fees to play. Although what you pay for differs between games, each developer’s business model is essentially the same – you pay for what you get. Additional inventory space, special weapons and suits of armor perhaps, additional classes or characters, additional mounts, skills… the list is endless… but we don’t know yet, what will be available.

A game like Hero Online can hardly be compared to paid models such as EverQuestII or World of WarCraft but must be compared to others of the same genre, or judged on its own merit. Gamers entering this game seeking a world, content and game play similar to EverQuestII or World of WarCraft will only have themselves to blame if they are disappointed.

You can read more here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• JodandoJodando Member Posts: 280
    Great game. I also am quite excited for the new featured promised in the release. 

• jillyujillyu Member Posts: 4
      I am truely expecting that!! and the news surely got my atttention for days.... Cool1
  • BlakesrealmBlakesrealm Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Sounds interesting, just wish that more companies would follow Blizzards lead and make Mac clients. Of course, I realize that it's easier to program to DirectX. Ah well.
  • ethernityethernity Member Posts: 8
    Is it better than silkroad?
    I mean the graphics doesn't look very good, and what I heard, this games seems to be very "normal"