Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAOC re-release = new start?

DAOC is getting a re-release in Europe in 2 weeks time, I recon this will make it a great time to start as a n00b... What do other people think?

I am guessing that there will be plenty of new people to play with at lower levels, and by the time they get to higher levels Mythic should have got Frontiers out, which will act like a cure all for the problems with RvR

It would be nice if we got a new server for new characters only - as all the existing European servers are reasonably well populated. If Wanadoo (the company handling distribution over here) put out a few thousand new boxed the accounts will have to fit somewhere.

I am going to start up anyway...

PS I know I posted a similar message to the general board... I meant to put it here but realized my mistake too late. Sorry.

Comments

• TenebreTenebre Member Posts: 18

There are more new people playing DAOC than some people will have you believe.

I recently changed servers. Tristen is one which does not use the Level command to roll a character {except in Midgard} and the difference has been like night and day. There are lots of lower lvl people and the lower level Battlegrounds are actually being used on a regular basis. Also, the people seem much more newbie friendly which is a big plus.

I would recommend one of the lighter populated servers now. Not only will people remember who you are when they see you more than once but they will go out of their way to help you provided you aren't a jerk image