Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halo Online???

JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283
Yo first I would like to say hello everyone and yes it is my first time on these fourms.  I have been looking at this site and really like it because I am an MMO freak looking/waiting for good ones and i also like FPS too but thats not waht im talking about.  I am here to talk about Halo Online.  I have heard from some little articles/ 1 interview that Bungie (the creator of Halo) MIGHT be making a Halo Online.  If they do ( which i think is a smart idea very very smart) I will be happy so if anyone has any articles supporting this or comments please type below.

Comments

• ke5auxke5aux Member Posts: 158
    And I say again..

Halo! It completely revolutionized the video game industry (or so you might think if you had your head shoved up your ass for the past 10 years and have not seen a PC game since Doom). Did you like those Multiplayer Maps in Halo 1? Good! Cause you gonna play all of them again in Halo 2.

Halo is very very very boring and repetative. Hell, Counter-Strike had a larger weapon selection. A Halo MMO would have to involve a LOT MORE CONTENT then Halo.

• JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 283
    I know thats why I would be excited Halo has lacked  weapons, vehicals, units and etc. but I like the story line and it has a good plot.  If they add more content hell it will be a good game
  • adrewadrew Member Posts: 2
    Nice hope it does happen, but if it does it probaly wnt comeout for a while cuz halo 3 doesnt come out till nxt year and bungie tend to take ages when makin their games by perfecticting it in every sing way and detial, especially the graphics
    I dont care I can wait I'm waiting for Huxley lol and Gosh I hope there is a SWG2 amd hell what would make my day is Halo Online if they had that but they would need to add MORE content for Halo games way more vehicals guns units anyways back on SWG so ya srry lol
  • GautamGautam Member Posts: 7
    Honestly, I'm not too sure if a Halo MMO could work. I mean, like what was said, they'd have to overhaul most of the universe which was created in order to make such a game happen.

I'm thinking this mainly for the reason of what you play as - I can see there being two races, the humans and the aliens that aren't the Flood, (Their name escapes me right now) but honestly, what can you really do with that? For humans, half the fun of playing Halo was being the badass that was the Master Chief. But according to the story, only a few Spartans actually exist, yeah? Also, the same thing can be said of the aliens - does anyone really want to play as a Grunt?

I mean the story of Halo is cool, yes, but can it work in a massive multiplayer online environment? Doubt it. I remember reading somewhere that Halo was originally going to be a strategy game for the Mac, but it didn't feel quite right - and hence they remade the whole damn thing as an FPS for the XBox. Seeing as that happened in Bungie's first foray into the RPG-esque universe with this storyline, I think it's the same situation - if they do make a Halo MMO, it's not really going to be Halo. It'll be something else, and I highly doubt that it'll work out. Besides - the people who usually plays FPS don't usually play RPGs. I know there're folks out there, like myself, who play both. I'm not saying it's all black and white. But on my college campus, there were definitely scores more people who played Halo 2 than those that played World Of Warcraft. If Bungie wants to be successful money-wise, they'll stick with what they're good at, which is making the Halo FPS.

I'm not talking down on Bungie - I'm sure they can make a good MMO, but just not out of the Halo universe. Honestly, I'd much rather see them concentrate and make an amazing Halo 3.

Oh, and this happens to be my first post - glad to be a part of these boards.

Well first off welcome to the fourms.  Secondly, I agree with you and yet there is a part taht disagrees with you.  I agree that Halo is a good FPS and that it would be hard making a Halo MMO.  On the other hand it could be done and still feel like Halo.  What if it was kind of a Halo MMOFPS?  I mean no you wouldnt be able to have the cool Master Chiefs armour but you could in time.  For example, Jedis in SWG (old SWG that was) where you had to jump through alot of hoops inorder to be jedi.  What if you were a marine in Halo but, in time you could get the Master Cheifs armour but you would have to jump through alot of hoops or something.  Maybe kind of like Huxley but in space and all.  Huxley there are three races one of which are NPC's.  That could be like Halo Humans and Aliens and Flood (NPC faction).  You also said who would want to be a grunt well what if each alien race had a different advantage and instead of Humans having races it would have like professions or something idk im just throwing ideas around because I just have a feeling that it would make a good idea.  Having capital ships and you board them or board a space station.    I think that would be cool but thats just me i guess lol.  Bungie as you know spends lots and lots of time on their games to make perfection they usually do and I think they could make alot of $$$ and also keep it fun.  Just an idea
  • MoonNiteMoonNite Member Posts: 4
    well there is Halo2 Xbox Live

A. Halo2  on Xbox live would not be anything like Halo Online if they made such thing and secondly Xbox live you can play like i think maximum of 16 people right?  I like massive battles like huge ones HUGE ones.