Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Video

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Wow that was great!

You really should submit that to the video contest they're running for SWG at the moment, I'd say you would have a pretty good chance of winning :)

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    My favorite is still the Darth Velveeta with the "Benny Hill Show" theme. Classic.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19
    Nice.  Thanks for the video.

• auntisocialauntisocial Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Obraik

Wow that was great!
    You really should submit that to the video contest they're running for SWG at the moment, I'd say you would have a pretty good chance of winning :)

Thank you, Obraik.    I appreciate that.  I wish I could ... that's why I made it.  However, your video for the contest cannot include coprighted music.  You can use Galaxies (in-game) music as long as it's used without cutting, remixing and only in the context it is used in the game.  Also, it looks like you could use an original composition (not copyrighted and written by you ... I'm not sure if you can use music by a friend.  The rules are vague and we can't get clarification on the forums.) 

Right now I'm trying to get a friend to write me a 3 minute 30 second tune to see if I can re-work footage to have something to submit.

Unfortunately, I'm not a filmmaker AND composer.  LOL

Again thank you. 

Aunti

P.S.  If anyone KNOWS anyone who writes music and wants to lend some to me, let me know! 

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

OMG...

That was just.... pure talent!!!

There aren't enough emotes/expressions.....

I... I salute you !!!

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

/Applaud

Very well done! I always look forward to your videos.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    didnt like it, rather crappy production values and the effects were just tacky.

• ShivorEheShivorEhe Member Posts: 83
    Classic...good job op! I found myself crying and laughing at the same time. My wife now thinks I am crazy tho....

Originally posted by pirrg

Lawl...

You don't have to like it, but there's a way to say it without flaming, trolling and basically looking like an ass

• ShivorEheShivorEhe Member Posts: 83

So when is that high quality Pirrg video debuting on these forums? I didn't think so, so STFU.
  • iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by BaronJuJu
    My favorite is still the Darth Velveeta with the "Benny Hill Show" theme. Classic.

TO this day that IS THE NGE... there is no doubt at all about that.

WE STILL play that time to time between my guys and just roll..

It sums up what Jedi is now vs what it once was.....but does it to the Benny Hill theme music.

(Ya gotta love it when the NGE clicky Jedi get mad about it too lol)

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

So is the NGE.. but you play that.

After seeing who you were on the boards all of this is now explained about you..  I feel much better now knowing other people flame you more then we do here.

Hows that Elder Jedi robe working for ya???  lol 

After seeing your posts about getting owned by Jedi and MAN were you jealous, wow... I think it is safe to say you like nerfs, easy gaming and everything NGE...  In a way the NGE fits you quite well now after reading some of your posts.

It's funny I fought you there as well, except you lost your battle most of the time when you typed text.   Funny though, you really had Jedi hatred flowing through you ... man, I must say Pirrg you were very very jealous at one time of them and it really shows.

Good reads though, when you quit because you got beat down alot was pretty funny too.

Next........

• meakersmeakers Member Posts: 38
    Despite my current feelings on the current state of the game, I must admit that was one of the best SWG playermade movies. I was compelled to watch the whole thing. Good job :)

Lawl...

You don't have to like it, but there's a way to say it without flaming, trolling and basically looking like an ass

Didnt mean to sound like an ass, but thats the only way i could put it. I cant help but to compare videos of this kind to EvE videos and comparatively speaking, this is just bad.

Also, in the same category you could compare this to The Fallen which makes it look even worse. Again, this is my opinion and if the original poster didnt want his work criticized he shouldnt have posted it.

Lawl...

Didnt mean to sound like an ass, but thats the only way i could put it. I cant help but to compare videos of this kind to EvE videos and comparatively speaking, this is just bad.

Also, in the same category you could compare this to The Fallen which makes it look even worse. Again, this is my opinion and if the original poster didnt want his work criticized he shouldnt have posted it.

Comparing videos between two different games doesn't work, especially with EvE which is a completely different type of game (in space and with ships...).

As I said, you don't have to like it, but there's more tactful ways to show you don't like it.

Lawl...

Comparing videos between two different games doesn't work, especially with EvE which is a completely different type of game (in space and with ships...).

As I said, you don't have to like it, but there's more tactful ways to show you don't like it.

Did you even bother reading my post obraik? Im ALSO comparing his movie to "the fallen" which has the same theme and is the same game. It also better in every aspect.

Lawl...

Did you even bother reading my post obraik? Im ALSO comparing his movie to "the fallen" which has the same theme and is the same game. It also better in every aspect.

I saw ;)  You mentioned EvE first  ;)

Lawl...

I saw ;)  You mentioned EvE first  ;)

did you watch the movie?

• TemploiterTemploiter Member Posts: 127
     Obraik VS Pirrg

Temploiter
    WDMKR | Incarnate

did you watch the movie?

Yes, I watched it.  Both are high quality videos and I enjoyed them both :)

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

I think Pirrg is entitled to his opinion Obraik wether you like it or not. I dont think you need to stick up for auntisocial. If she is unhappy with Pirrg's comment then let her argue with him. I'm sure she is mature enough to accept critism. Just because you liked it Obriak doesnt mean everyone will :) Freedom of speech is a wonderufl thing. The internet is the only place you can really let your hair down and say what you want.

Was well made but I didnt enjoy it. I do however understand how much time it takes to do these videos. I used to make in game videos of another game. I might try a SWG one

• MrArchyMrArchy Member Posts: 643

Two things -

1.) Helluva nice video Aunti, keep it up!

2.) Fanboi v Fanboi FTW! (Obraik's right, though, IMHO)

SWG Veteran and Refugee, Intrepid server
    NGE free as of Nov. 22, 2005
    Now Playing: World of Warcrack
    Forum Terrorist

Originally posted by blondeh

I think Pirrg is entitled to his opinion Obraik wether you like it or not. I dont think you need to stick up for auntisocial. If she is unhappy with Pirrg's comment then let her argue with him. I'm sure she is mature enough to accept critism. Just because you liked it Obriak doesnt mean everyone will :) Freedom of speech is a wonderufl thing. The internet is the only place you can really let your hair down and say what you want.
    Was well made but I didnt enjoy it. I do however understand how much time it takes to do these videos. I used to make in game videos of another game. I might try a SWG one

Very well said.

I mean honestly, are we adults here or what? You shouldnt have to sugarcoat your criticism as if you were speaking to a child just to avoid getting jumped by a bunch of sanctimonious crusaders of forum civility.

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409
    A great video...I loved it.
  • wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Really too bad that Milly (A Brian musician) doesn't play the game any more...

She was the only musician in the game, that could actually get real music out of the musician sounds.

Sometimes she wrote music(macros and mucho mucho more) that included 5 musicians on different instruments and 2-3 droids playing also....And it was music, and not just random.

I often told her to create a music video, but that Cajun girl, didn't believe she was good enough to make a music video using the ingame musician music.

If you ever see Milly on Bria(if god forbid, she does log in one day to check it out), ask her to play for you, it will be an experience, and if you could get a video outta it, it would be a winner video. One that perhaps prove to SOE that "non combat" is important and also a very fulfilling and funnt game to play.

imageThe last of the Trackers