Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very Bad Game

knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384
This is one of the worst games out there right now. Many reasons.....

1. Bad Graphics

2. More time consuming than others

3. Pointless skills that are no fun leveling up

4. People consider playing the game "work" instead of fun

5. The community is very immature, no matter how good you are, your still a noob.

6. Way to many hackers, macroers, and scammers

7. VERY POOR COMBAT SYSTEM you basically eat food and watch tv at the same time

8. JAGEX IS LIKE REALLY GAY!!! they used to be really nice, but now they consider everyone a cheater

9. Extremely addicting, ruins your life

10. PVP is only in certain, extremely avoidable zones

There are a few good things.....

1. Pretty balanced economy

2. Plenty of skills

3. CHEAP (free version sucks after dragonslayer)

4. Many things to do (almost to many)

5. Constant Updates

6. Its made by EnGlIshMen

7. Very little Bugs in the game (but they are there)

8. PkIn is fun

9. Hard Core Death Penalties (mostly)

ANYways, its still not worth playing......and Just for the record, i played the game for 2 years i think....got to level 90......so i know what im talkin about.....dont say i dont. It really made my life miserable over that time.

Comments

• 92JL92JL Member UncommonPosts: 9

Although I ove this game, I understand your points. I don't agree with the addictable bit because you must admit, most mmorpgs are. So, this is the deal, I don't play on many other mmorpg's, so if you describe to me how it is fun to level up skills there, I will suggest most of the things you have said on the official forums and maybe the mod forums if possible. I will suggest:

Updating the graphics to 21st century

Make it less time consuming

Suggest 5 new fun skills

Find a way to reduce the amount of younger players

Suggest better attack styles, attack combos and more creative combat

Bring back the old Jagex where they mentioned certain people in the team and acted like it was a proper conversation in updates

Make much more pvp combat areas alongside a vast world map update, making the map 2x bigger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So all I need to know is how you level up on other mmorpg's so runescape can also do that, and make it more fun.

• 92JL92JL Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Or, of course, if anyone else would be kind enough to tell me how the levelling system of other mmorpgs work?
  • knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384
    uve never played another mmo???? wow, i will be praying for you.

• Hobbies230Hobbies230 Member Posts: 2
    If they just integrated more interactions with the game then it would be so beyond fun. And of course, most people who play have all turned to the dark side and have become bad people.
  • sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

If they make a WASD client for Runescape that'd make it a whole lot better.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• bobgooglebobgoogle Member Posts: 28

I can not see the logic in seeing of why people are saying this game sucks.  It does have it lows.  But it is the 4th most payed for mmorpg in the world.  Only games that has more payed members is WOW, Lineage 1&2(mmorpgchart.com).  Also I can not understand why people say runescape has terrible customer support, if you look at the credits about half of the 100 employees are support staff. 

• Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by knightknife

1. Bad Graphics 

Does Java mean nothing to you?   They won't be updating the graphics to 21st century any time soon because Java is what they can write in...leaving Java would wipe out the whole company.  

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a bad thing.

Are you kidding me, man?   Lay off the crap for a bit.   No fun and pointless, tut tut.

No they dont...

5. The community is very immature, no matter how good you are, your still a noob.
    Rise above it.   Don't let a bunch of immature little bastards get you down.

Make your pass hard, keep your eyes open during trades, easily avoidable problems.   Macroers - oh well, it will change one day.

This, I have to admit is a let-down but it isn't the end of the world.

8. JAGEX IS LIKE REALLY GAY!!! they used to be really nice, but now they consider everyone a cheater
    This is only your opinion.   Personally I have no problem with Jagex, yes they can be a bit strict now and again but they are still doing a great job.

For some people, this game is what keeps them happy.   Take me for example.   I have a poor life at school, and this game helps me rise above it.   It even keeps some over the top people away from suicide...

There is nothing wrong with PvP, even though it does lack compared to games like WoW as there are no certain worlds for PvP only.   But this is part of what makes RS RS.   It has its own ways.  

There are a few good things.....

1. Pretty balanced economy

2. Plenty of skills     So you are saying there is plenty of skills but none of them are fun?  

3. CHEAP (free version sucks after dragonslayer)   True, but isn't Jagex's intention as a business to make money?  

4. Many things to do (almost to many)   This isn't a bad thing...

5. Constant Updates

6. Its made by EnGlIshMen   OK, I see you have put this in your 'good' section, but this is still kind of rascist because there's no diffference between the nationallities of developers...

7. Very little Bugs in the game (but they are there)

8. PkIn is fun   Fun but poor eh?   Sort yourself out.

9. Hard Core Death Penalties (mostly)

ANYways, its still not worth playing......and Just for the record, i played the game for 2 years i think....got to level 90......so i know what im talkin about.....dont say i dont. It really made my life miserable over that time.

I will say you don't know what you are talking about, because you don't.   You have shown your opinion on the bad aspects of the game but only looked from a single angle.   It doesn't get boring to everyone.   It's written in Java.   It doesn't make everyone's life miserable.   Think about what things before you say them, and look from all possible views.

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• MisterFreeezMisterFreeez Member Posts: 2
    uh yeah leveling in runescape is a pain in the ass...when you get 75+ in a skill then its just hours of work to get a level just to realize "hell 300k finally got my level, oh wow 600k to get another"; this game is for people who only have time to dedicate their entire gaming lives to if they hope to be any good at it. AND there is always that chance that, after all the time and money and items youve earned in this game, you will be hacked or scam considering this game is full of scams and macros and hackers. It is fun for a little bit but when you get down to it, largely it becomes repetative and boring and is mainly made up of greedy childeren around 14 years old

None of that really matters.   The skill raising is just the way RS is, and it's been like that for years now.   People are used to it.

MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

----

• Falconv700Falconv700 Member Posts: 10

Hey Shrimp! it's meee!

Originally posted by Falconv700

Hey Shrimp! it's meee!

Ben...why??...

----

• iampiemaniampieman Member Posts: 38
    I must agree  about the graphics they are terrible however i enjoy this game why does everyone hate it most people just judge a game by graphics and sound the free version of the game is terrible but the p2p is good its a good game but i do see your point in some of this  about graphics its java and jagex doesnt take in enough mony for an update  of that size for java graphics they are  great

piepiepiepie i is master of pies!

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

There are only 4 main things that I see wrong with this game

*Community
    just a bunch of stupid 9 year olds
    *Constant grinding
    it takes hours 2 lvl up
    *The horrible clicking
    the lack of WASD kinda makes 4 a boring way 2 get around
    *Combat
    its just click and watch, no special attacks or anything, unless u have a dragon weapon

Ive also found ways 2 fix em
    *Make a kids RS and a teen RS
    *Reduce the lvl exp needed 2 lvl up
    *Make a boxed WASD version
    *Include special attacks

I dont really see problems with the graphics or sound tho.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------

• Nuke-MarineNuke-Marine Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by knightknife

1. Bad Graphics

1. As stated many times, the graphics are Java based. The developers push Java while keeping load times down. The latest graphic updates have been nice (for Java at least).

2. It consumes only the time you give it. A pointless argument.

3. If the skills are pointless, don't bother leveling them up. Players have ability to level quickly if they pay (game money) for the better materials. Higher skills offer better benefits, but are not a necessity unless you WANT that benefit.

4. If it's not fun, you should not be doing. What you call work another may consider devoting an hour of time to something fun.

5. True, a VAST MAJORITY of RS players are younger than 18. This is based off a poll last year by Jagex.

6. Aside from Macroers (which for paying members are not much an issue), you can avoid these. Scamming and hacking occur from your immaturity, which you complained about in number 5. Jagex has an ingame reporting system for all three of these and other rule breakers.

7. Don't try watching TV in the PvP area, you'll quickly get killed. In the leveling aspect, yes you're correct depending on the area you pick. Jagex has a random event set-up that prevents players from taking this to the extreme.

8. Proof?

9. Extremely addicting, yet you complain about how bad it is above? Me thinks you cut your own argument from that. So despite poor graphics, skills, leveling, community and support you can't help but play the game. That suggest that something with the game was done very right.

10. World wide PvP ruined early mmorpg for the casual gamer. Most just want to have fun with the game and not get bullied by players that have 2 year head start. This is partly what draws more and more players to Runescape. Even the PvP areas are varied to give you different risks versus rewards.  Usually those that want unavoidable PvP are looking for easy kills. Jagex decided this is not a good business model and the results are proving them correct.

I too have played over 2 years. I find it enjoyable. The Skinner box approach (more effort to get to each progressive level) is offset by better weapons and abilities to gain levels. The constant updating allows people that have advanced far and pull back from playing to return to something new to try out now and again. I personally find the customer service approachable so long as you're not asking a generic question easily found in their player's guide or on the forums. Ask a generic question, expect a generic response. The community, though mainly teenagers, has a mature subset that enhances the game. The fansites (tip.it and runehq) also add to the game.

YMMV, as always. For $5 a month, with no pre-purchase necessary, you get a MMORPG that you can play solo or with partners. Forced teaming is not necessary for a majority of the game.
  • BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Shrimp10

None of that really matters.   The skill raising is just the way RS is, and it's been like that for years now.   People are used to it.

WHICH IS WHY IT SUCKS!

WOOOOH BOLD LETTERS!

• zakarathzakarath Member Posts: 8

Please read after opening sentence.

LOL @ anyone who says this game needs better graphics.  Ok, let's think for a little bit...hey it's free, or pay 5$ for membership.  5 bucks that not alot, and i would venture a guess that there is around at one time( let's be nice) and say 200,000 members 5x200k= 1 million.  Ok pay the staff, and pay the corporation...yea they totally have enough money to upgrade graphics (sarcasm).  Secondly, its a BROWSER BASED GAME, that means you don't have to download shit.  Unlike some other games (Silk Road, exc) where you have to download the clients.

*what waas here was deleted for my conversation with Nuke*

• Nuke-MarineNuke-Marine Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by zakarath

Please read after opening sentence.
    LOL @ anyone who says this game needs better graphics.  Ok, let's think for a little bit...hey it's free, or pay 5$ for membership.  5 bucks that not alot, and i would venture a guess that there is around at one time( let's be nice) and say 200,000 members 5x200k= 1 million.  Ok pay the staff, and pay the corporation...yea they totally have enough money to upgrade graphics (sarcasm).  Secondly, its a BROWSER BASED GAME, that means you don't have to download shit.  Unlike some other games (Silk Road, exc) where you have to download the clients.
    Flame me if you will, for i am not checking this post again.

Although you're defending Runescape and I appreciate that, Jagex IS improving the graphics of the game. The game has 1 MILLION lines of Runescript coding and 50,000 lines of Javascript coding. The developers are constantly pushing and improving the game engine.

So the graphics can and will improve over time. Many cities have had an upgrade in appearance as have some NPC's. Another graphical upgrade of NPC's is in the near future.
  • zakarathzakarath Member Posts: 8

Nuke,

I know what you are talking about and about the new graphics update.  However my post+poll, was about people who said that Jagex needs to update to 21st Century Graphics.  I assumed that this meant graphic on the level of WoW and EQ2.

So I still stand at no they can't update to WoW and EQ2 like graphics

A. browser based game

B. Not enough cash coming in.

Originally posted by BobCrazyton

WHICH IS WHY IT SUCKS!

WOOOOH BOLD LETTERS!

Woohoo Bobcrazytons back!!!!!!Actually, I take back the woohoo.   IT DOESN'T SUCK FOR EVERYBODY, SO UNDERSTAND THAT NOW.

----

Woohoo Bobcrazytons back!!!!!!Actually, I take back the woohoo.   IT DOESN'T SUCK FOR EVERYBODY, SO UNDERSTAND THAT NOW.

Doesn't suck for everybody but it sure as hell sucks for more people than you can count!
  • Gammer137Gammer137 Member Posts: 3

Some of those skills that may seem pointless to you are not to others. Its a change from the regular mmorpg's in which all you can do is fight (It does get boring after some time) But in Runescape you have the option to do multiple things which do not all consist of combat. Time consuming yes! It does swallow a lot of time, but I guess great games tend to do that. One thing that is really great about it is that they useully release an update for the game every week! That's a pretty impreasive achivement if you ask me, (But then again who am I to judge?).

__________________________________________________________________________________________

(_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Originally posted by Gammer137

Some of those skills that may seem pointless to you are not to others. Its a change from the regular mmorpg's in which all you can do is fight (It does get boring after some time) But in Runescape you have the option to do multiple things which do not all consist of combat. Time consuming yes! It does swallow a lot of time, but I guess great games tend to do that. One thing that is really great about it is that they useully release an update for the game every week! That's a pretty impreasive achivement if you ask me, (But then again who am I to judge?).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    I'm pretty sure other games have more than just combat...
    And there's a difference between time consuming and a boring grind. Runescape is a boring grind. So it's not that great.

Originally posted by Gammer137

I'm pretty sure other games have more than just combat...
    And there's a difference between time consuming and a boring grind. Runescape is a boring grind. So it's not that great.

I'm dealing with CONSTANT stupidity on this planet....

RS is only boring in YOUR opinion, not those of the RS players.   And you're STILL not accepting that.   How immature.  

----

RS is only boring in YOUR opinion, not those of the RS players.   And you're STILL not accepting that.   How immature.  

Yes, it's boring in "my" opinion. It's obviosly not to you RS players since you decide to pay for this thing. I've KNOWN that it's not boring for everyone. You'd have to be retarded to think that. But in "quality of a game" terms and almost everyone who visits this site...it's crap.

Yes, it's boring in "my" opinion. It's obviosly not to you RS players since you decide to pay for this thing. I've KNOWN that it's not boring for everyone. You'd have to be retarded to think that. But in "quality of a game" terms and almost everyone who visits this site...it's crap.

Erm, actually thinking that it isn't boring for everyone shows that I understand that people have different opinions, and that is a sign of maturity, not being retarded.   And just because not a lot of people on this site think RS is good doesn't mean the game is crap, as it all still leads down to the fact that everybody has different opinions.  

----