Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This really is one of the worst MMORPG's.

DarthRaevynDarthRaevyn Member Posts: 16
It takes at least 6 months of constant grinding to get an able self sufficient character that can PK and make money. Unlike other MMO's where you have instances to raid this game has absolutely no raiding. Wildy is where everyone goes off to for some sense of excitement. Honestly it takes 6 months just to get a decent character. Forget hitting max stats on any of the skills. You would need to play at least 8-12 hours a day for a year or two to hit max stats on any of the skills.

Yes there are 20,000+ items, but only maybe 500 of them are actually useful. That and the economy of RuneScape is absolutely horrible. Everything is incredibly overpriced.

With that the worst part about RuneScape is the absolutely terrible community. In every single MMORPG I have ever played I have had lots of help whether it was with a quest or a small donation. In WoW alone a friend on GameFAQs gave me 10G for my starting character. In RuneScape I never ever in my life got even a single piece of gold or even an item or even any help. Unless your in a high end guild you'll never get any help in RuneScape ever.

With that let me go onto the graphics. Look at some free games like Gunbound, Trickster, and Maple Story. They all have at least 32-bit era graphics. RuneScape has Sega Mastersystem like graphics running on Java. Honestly Jagex with all the money they're making could EASILY make a under 100MB. RuneScape client that had some respectable graphics that could also easily run on a computer with 64MB. RAM and 64MB. video-card.

Finally the worst part about RuneScape is if you don't like pk'ing the whole game is a waste of time for you. There are no endgame dungeons or any particular thing to do.

Comments

• 92JL92JL Member UncommonPosts: 9

There are actually a vast amount of dungeons, the best being Yanille (you probably can't access) or maybe the wilderness dungeons. If you spent a bit of time playing instead of moaning about the game I'm sure you could do better then. Have you played on the membership servers? If not then no wonder you hate it, The free worlds are full of a bunch of noobs because 8 year olds play. I am a player moderator on the game (i doubt you know what once is) so I am there to help get rid of things like this. I can assure you I have muted lots of players attempting to scam and cheat their way to glory. And 500 out of 20k items useful? I doubt it. more like 5,000 considering there are alot of quest items and items to help you get started. I'd like to see you post this in the RuneScape rants forum. I'm telling you you'd get alot of replies.

Also, for god's sake leave the graphics alone, Jagex (the creators) stands for Java Gaming Experts so they work with Java Games and these graphics are the best they can produce (maybe almost the best). And those other game's you mentioned, those have extremely big companies producing them, Jagex has only been around about 10 year, runescape around for 7. You can't expect them to make that much money to improve runescape can you?

• DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883

Originally posted by 92JL

Jagex has only been around about 10 year, runescape around for 7. You can't expect them to make that much money to improve runescape can you?

With all the money they should have raked in from paying subscriptions to this game (after all, they have SO many subscribers apparently) and having no real overhead (we are not talking about a large room filled with high-grade servers here), I should think that they had damn well have enough money to bring this game into the 21st century. It's the lack of talent and apparent greed of not wanting to spend that money to hire the talent. Period.
    With only 2 million members (to date), this was about 100,000 6 years ago.  One of the cheapest memberships in MMORPGS at only $5 (£3.20) a month, that's not enough compared to mmorpgs such as Everquest or World of Warcraft.
    Zorvan, if you are so frustrated about this game, would you mind going on www.runescape.com, and sending a suggestion query or maybe posting on the sugegstions forum about upgrading this whole game? Or if you don't want to do that go on the rants forum there or send in a complaint.
    Actually, yes it is. They should have enough capital to get a good sized loan to start them off. If the game was good enough, then they should have no problem garnering the interest of investors to fund the remaining cost. So to me it still comes down to greed on their part (just milk the cash machine, why spend money to make it better when what we have keeps our pockets filled?) and also to the fact that maybe the game really isn't as good as everyone thinks, otherwise investors/game companies would be clamoring for the rights.

If you didn't notice, every week there are 1 or more updates. Thus improving the game. Since it is ever improving, should it not get better and better and better? Also, the better rpgs aren't Java, therefore companies won't want runescape.

Zorvan, if you are so frustrated about this game, would you mind going on www.runescape.com, and sending a suggestion query or maybe posting on the sugegstions forum about upgrading this whole game? Or if you don't want to do that go on the rants forum there or send in a complaint.

Actually, you made a comment about the game and I replied to that comment. That's pretty much what we do here on mmorpg.com. Sorry if I've somehow offended you or the Runescape communities sensibilities but I just call things the way I see 'em. If this did truly offend you, then I would suggest that you stick to the official forums where everything is more to your liking. But I've made my point of view known, so I will leave you in peace
  • SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Don't Worry, I have a simple Solution....

Dont play it.

If you didn't notice, every week there are 1 or more updates. Thus improving the game. Since it is ever improving, should it not get better and better and better? Also, the better rpgs aren't Java, therefore companies won't want runescape.

Okay, last one, I swear Why does the fact of it being Java matter? We are talking about bringing it into the modern times. The gameplay is what should be the important factor, not what language it's written in. If the gameplay is good, it can be translated into any programming language out there. The big companies only care if the idea of the game will make it a sound investment, so apparently the idea behind Runescape as a game, not the programming language it's written in, is the reason noone is shouting to develop it beyond what it already is. And that is sad, because it states more about this game than any fanboy or hateboy ever could.

Originally posted by SLNTASN

Dont play it.

Actually, I don't. Believe it or not, I was trying to be helpful
  • SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Originally posted by Zorvan

Dont play it.
    Actually, I don't. Believe it or not, I was trying to be helpfulimage

No No No, I was directing that towards "DarthRaevyn"

Sorry

Dont play it.
    Actually, I don't. Believe it or not, I was trying to be helpful

No No No, I was directing that towards "DarthRaevyn"

Sorry

Ah, no prob
  • carpsycocarpsyco Member Posts: 95
    why does every body Hate runescape, yes it may take along time to level up but its fun just leveling. With soo many skills and items i think ill always come back to runescape when i have nothing else to play.

cmc.mrx.ca/
    Awesome Free Trading Card Game!

• DarthRaevynDarthRaevyn Member Posts: 16

There are actually a vast amount of dungeons, the best being Yanille (you probably can't access) or maybe the wilderness dungeons. If you spent a bit of time playing instead of moaning about the game I'm sure you could do better then. Have you played on the membership servers? If not then no wonder you hate it, The free worlds are full of a bunch of noobs because 8 year olds play. I am a player moderator on the game (i doubt you know what once is) so I am there to help get rid of things like this. I can assure you I have muted lots of players attempting to scam and cheat their way to glory. And 500 out of 20k items useful? I doubt it. more like 5,000 considering there are alot of quest items and items to help you get started. I'd like to see you post this in the RuneScape rants forum. I'm telling you you'd get alot of replies.
    Also, for god's sake leave the graphics alone, Jagex (the creators) stands for Java Gaming Experts so they work with Java Games and these graphics are the best they can produce (maybe almost the best). And those other game's you mentioned, those have extremely big companies producing them, Jagex has only been around about 10 year, runescape around for 7. You can't expect them to make that much money to improve runescape can you?

I had a level 90 and I yes asshole I have played members which is only worth it for the availability of resources and the fact that there aren't a million players hogging one resource. Honestly RuneScape primary userbase ag consists of children and teens 8-14. Not many older people play RuneScape because they realize how much it absolutely sucks. Google has only been around 9 years and they're making billions. You honestly expect me to believe with the money Jagex is making with the advertisements AND the members they can't update the graphics? Java Gaming experts my ass I've seen better Java based games on a children's gaming website.

On top of that look at all these free MMORPG's that are so much better than RuneScape. Trickster is absolutely free and has respectable graphics. Unless you're exceptionally poor a mere $15 a month for a MMO like Everquest or World of Warcraft is a BARGAIN.

Also I feel bad for you if you're actually a player mod for RuneScape. Honestly what the worst part of playing RuneScape is the sheer embarassment when you tell others about it. I had one person tell me how they once decided watch a RuneScape "raid" seeing as a raid in any MMORPG is always something cool to watch. Instead they tell me it was perhaps one of the most dullest things they have ever seen.

And yes maybe only 500 items out 20,000 are actually useful. The quests are absolute garbage and only serve as fill. RuneScape is the ultimate grindfest and puts every other grinding game to shame. There are only a few quests that actually help you with equipment or something useful.

And most of all dumbass I've been in all the RuneScape dungeons. Poorly laid out and planned. Face it your game is full of 8 year olds and that's the only reason RuneScape has such as a relatively large userbase for such a shitty game.
  • sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

I personally think this game sucks ass. This is how u train pretty much-click click click click, and so on and so forth. And all the high lvls treat the newbies like DIRT (I remember i was like lvl 46 and ppl still called me noob). I admit some of the minigames were decently fun, but theres enough assholes there 2 ruin it, like the annoying noobs and the bossy lvl 70+s. Overall I give it a 2/10.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• bobgooglebobgoogle Member Posts: 28

I can not see the logic in seeing of why people are saying this game sucks.  It does have it lows.  But it is the 4th most payed for mmorpg in the world.  Only games that has more payed members is WOW, Lineage 1&2(mmorpgchart.com).  Also I can not understand why people say runescape has terrible customer support, if you look at the credits about half of the 100 employees are support staff.  Also if you havent noticed Jagex says they want to make other games and have other languages by the end of the year.  Jagex dispite what you uneducated dimwits think does know what there doing. 

1.)  They choose not to have the best graphics because they want as many people to play as possible.  There philosoply is play anywhere, anytime,anycomputer,etc. 

2.)  They have over 650k payed members which is the 4 biggest payed mmorpg in the world. 

3.)  I will bet hands down that after they get runescape into more languages and get over 1mil players, they will decide to make a more updated runescape.

4.)  Most likely they will have to keep the runescape they have now for people who cant play high graphics. 

5.)  I saw a mod in the runescape forums, cant remember who, but he said Jagex is thinking of increasing the lvl 99 cap.  Most likely they would have to make it easier to lvl to certain lvls and add more armour lvls. 

• Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

AAAAHHH RS HATERS!!!!!    N000000000000000000000BS!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with RS's gameplay, it is fine the way it is.   WASD would be nice though as it would cut down on autoers.   It is a Java game, and will stay that way for some time.   In a few years it will be brought out in line with the modern world, but it is just fine already.

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

Shrimp10 i have just read all the post/replys you have written and you seem to have a grasp of things.  You seem like an adult who can constructively think.  Ty for your comments. 

Lol thanks for the support:)  

MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

----

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Username:

Shrimp10

Apprentice Member

Rank: 38/100Rank: 38/100Rank: 38/100Rank: 38/100Rank: 38/100

April 4, 2006

Last Login:

August 24, 2006

Total Posts:

Male 

Leicester, United Kingdom

E-Mail:

(hidden)
    DUDE UR 41??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------

Originally posted by bobgoogle
    Shrimp10 i have just read all the post/replys you have written and you seem to have a grasp of things. You seem like an adult who can constructively think. Ty for your comments.

And you are the "uneducated dimwit". The only people who play runecrap are 12 year olds, people who cannot afford computers made after 1999, losers living in momma's basement, 1337 asshats, and you and shrimp10, who probably are a combination of all these characteristics. Must be some form of dyslexia too, that's why you put 41 instead of 14::::02::

Zorvan your statement is partially true that there are alot of young kids who play runescape.  But i know about 20 people at least in real life ranging in ages 17-40.  And i know others online who are over 18.  So your statement isnt completely true.  There is a large amount of adults playing runescape who actually enjoy.  Why they dont mind the annoying young kids is because they are mature and learn to ignore obnoxious children.  I have played other games off/online and I have come to enjoy those along with runescape dispite its lack in certain areas.
  • godofwar69godofwar69 Member Posts: 151

With only 2 million members (to date), this was about 100,000 6 years ago.  One of the cheapest memberships in MMORPGS at only $5 (£3.20) a month, that's not enough compared to mmorpgs such as Everquest or World of Warcraft.

Well Its Cheaper Cause RS Is Not As Fun

CoolGAmes:Legend Of Ares,WoW,GuldWars,City Of Villians

Those Are My Favorite Games I Play Legend Of Ares Is Free Tho And ppl Will Help U With Quest And Making Money.

ANOTHER THING ABOUT RS IS

1.No Partys

2.No Guilds

3.Enchanting

4.Leveling Is Hard

5.3D Graphics That Just Suck

6.5$ A Month For A MemberShip wow I Will Never Pay 5 a Month Just To See Sticks Wackin Other ppl

7.The Staff They Accused Me Of Account Hacking When I Never Hacked Anything

Originally posted by bobgoogle
    Shrimp10 i have just read all the post/replys you have written and you seem to have a grasp of things. You seem like an adult who can constructively think. Ty for your comments.

And you are the "uneducated dimwit". The only people who play runecrap are 12 year olds, people who cannot afford computers made after 1999, losers living in momma's basement, 1337 asshats, and you and shrimp10, who probably are a combination of all these characteristics. Must be some form of dyslexia too, that's why you put 41 instead of 14::::02::

What proof do you have that everyone who plays RS are 12 years old?   What proof do you have that they cant afford PC's made after 1999, even though I fail to see why the age of the PC matters, seeing as RS will run on almost any PC.   Where is your proof that they all live in their mom's basement, and what proof do you have that I am dyslexic and not 41?

I have proof against all of your RS related accusations, but sadly I won't be able to prove my age to you as you won't listen...

----

• MisterFreeezMisterFreeez Member Posts: 2

I agree 100% and would like to add onto this. While It does take a massive amount of time to raise your skills to a useful level, even when you manage to do this you run an extremely large risk of being hacked.

Runescape, while a huge online MMORPG, has quite possibly one of the largest community of scammers, hackers, and macroing systems used. You could spend two years getting a very large chunk of money and good items just to log on the next day and find you have nothing left because you visited a keylogger site or someone hacked your computer and if you arent a very experienced player you may have fallen prey to an extremely developed and thought through scam.

In all of gaming i have never seen so many programs dedicated to depreciating a game as much as this one, playing this game is like playing russian roulette, you may dodge the bullet once or twice but your bound to get screwed once or twice minimum.

Word of Advice to players and future players of RUNESCAPE: Do NOT trust the other players completely unless you know them personally, and even then use caution