Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For anyone wondering

How one get's to be a senator:

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=nge_discussion&message.id=63#M63

LgEnder
Galactic Senator

Don't Panic!

Stop posting negative threads! A group of us is currently at SOE and we have been testing this and giving them feedback today. I feel it is a great improvement to the game and it will save it in the end. The downsizing of the profession list gives the devs more time to devote to every area since they do not have 36 or so things to work on.

For those Jedi whining about being able to start as Force Sensitive, all of the cl80 Jedi at the time will be setup as Elder Jedi, with Special robes (Dark or Light, FRS robes), Blue Glowie ability, an Elder title, and a special crystal that gives you a slight edge over the newly starting Jedi.

For the Crafters...YOU ARE NO LONGER AGGRO'D! Unless you shoot at things of course. I myself have expressed concerns over being able to walk through the DWB and crafting Mando/Jetpack without aggroing anything and they are goign to check on that before Live. There are 4 Crafting Sub-Professions that you choose at character creation. The only crafting profession really MIA is Bio-Engineer.

Think of this is a second CU or a relaunch of the game. It is finally beign fixed to be an enjoyable immersive Star Wars experience. Don't worry, you will get to test this for yourself very soon!

This steaming pile of lies was posted before Lgender was a Senator. Remember that he is talking about the NGE that LAUNCHED! ROFLMAOinBBQ

<-- BTW, I think this is a dude reading a newspaper.

Love, Sodapop

Comments

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by SODAofBRIA

How one get's to be a senator:
    http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=nge_discussion&message.id=63#M63
    LgEnder
    Galactic Senator
    Don't Panic!
    Stop posting negative threads! A group of us is currently at SOE and we have been testing this and giving them feedback today. I feel it is a great improvement to the game and it will save it in the end. The downsizing of the profession list gives the devs more time to devote to every area since they do not have 36 or so things to work on.

For those Jedi whining about being able to start as Force Sensitive, all of the cl80 Jedi at the time will be setup as Elder Jedi, with Special robes (Dark or Light, FRS robes), Blue Glowie ability, an Elder title, and a special crystal that gives you a slight edge over the newly starting Jedi.

For the Crafters...YOU ARE NO LONGER AGGRO'D! Unless you shoot at things of course. I myself have expressed concerns over being able to walk through the DWB and crafting Mando/Jetpack without aggroing anything and they are goign to check on that before Live. There are 4 Crafting Sub-Professions that you choose at character creation. The only crafting profession really MIA is Bio-Engineer.

Think of this is a second CU or a relaunch of the game. It is finally beign fixed to be an enjoyable immersive Star Wars experience. Don't worry, you will get to test this for yourself very soon!

This steaming pile of lies was posted before Lgender was a Senator. Remember that he is talking about the NGE that LAUNCHED! ROFLMAOinBBQ

<-- BTW, I think this is a dude reading a newspaper.

I will never forget seeing this one...

And then thinking... this is the focus group they used.... great, the game is done -- I think I even posted on it saying there would be less then 50k people playing in 6 months -- OH how close I was lol.

Man, Soda your killing me....lol  Seeing my battles all over again with the SOE machine of fools.

I am still reading some of this and what a Godamn mess... I swear this is why these people should be fired.  On the flip side, I never saw one more post from that moron GS actually.

I would be ashamed of this as a Dev and anyone that had a sense of right and wrong, anyone can clearly see how this was taken in.

None of this was good and the result is just as bad.

• SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

LgEnder
    Galactic Senator

posted: 05-28-2006 09:45 PM re:Camps

Frankly it was yet another of the social areas of the game that have been getting slowly pruned since launch.  I miss the days when you would have to eventually pull out a camp when you were out hunting just to start healing everyones wounds.  I am even starting to miss shuttle waits and battle fatigue.  The amount of time I spend interacting in non-combat situations with other players has been steadily declining.

Oh, and camps look sweeeet. Ranger FTW!

And here he is now...Crying about the game being dumbed down after he praised it's mechanism in the first place.

Castration...
    DOUBLE CASTRATION!!

Love, Sodapop

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

I wonder how long LgEnder will remain a senator?  That is assuming SOE even cares anymore.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• LeelLeel Member Posts: 455

So Senators == Focus Group?

That explains it

Rofl look at all the other NGE posts and what they thought would happen...lol

OH my oh my... I bet those people are just wanting to hide under a rock..lol

Heres one:

Rafyel

Thank goodness someone else is optimistic.

I think the NGE will work, itll bring alot of new gamers. We vets might have gotten a bit screwed, but itll be nice to see some new faces. Play the game for the fun of the star wars galaxy...not because you spent 400+hours grinding

Or this reponse to the NGEs possible success...LOL.. ahh how nice to see people be right.

Thunder79

lol...first...it's almost 5am in the US...most people are asleep (except for me...can't get to sleep for some reason). This would probably be the worst time to try to determine who is happy and who is not.

second, no one can prove a majority are happy or a majority are not happy...the only thing that can show us that is if SOE were to release subscriber numbers before and after the NGE, also include accounts that have been cancelled but are still active in the group of people who are not happy...that's the only way you'll be able to tell how big of the community is happy with the changes...and even then there's the group of people who are taking a break but are still subscribing for some reason...and have no clue about the changes...

seriously...who gives a rat's behind how many people like it and how many don't...give it a try or don't...cancel or don't cancel...the subscriber numbers at the end of all this will determine whether or not this game survives...if you don't find the game fun don't play...if you do find it fun then play it. If the game dies due to low subscriber numbers then you only have yourselves and SOE to blame for the downfall of the game...(SOE for releasing the NGE, you for hyping it and driving away those who are being negative about it but willing to give it a try). If the game survives then you and the console kiddies can have fun at Chucky Cheese during the next Fan fest...I'm sure you'll all find the games there just as simple as this game is becoming...

Here is some SERIOUS crybaby shit from Badgersmoker, Someone needs to give him a big CMN for this :

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=pistoleer&message.id=87853&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

BadgerSmaker
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-02-2005 03:35 PM

Nope.  And the Devs are telling us nothing.

I don't know why I didn't expect to get used and abused as a correspondent, should have known all along.

BadgerSmaker
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-02-2005 03:52 PM

Well, erm... lets think.... maybe they will have Pistols in the game, but no Pistoleer profession.

They aren't telling us anything, which is complete idiocy.

Brenlo wrote:

Thanks folks for being open minded.  For those of you who are upset, please feel free to vent and ask questions.  Just remember our policies while doing so.  More information is coming and will be posted here and on the website over the next couple of days.  As we get the information, we will get it out to you.   Until we release the additional info, I ask that you please try and be patient.

Thanks.

Why dont they just tell us the whole story at once?  I work for a computer applications consultancy firm, If I did that to my customers, they would leave and I would be sacked for gross incompetence.

BadgerSmaker
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-03-2005 05:40 AM

Zeromous wrote:

...they need to give us an idea of what their trying to do...

They want to make as much money as possible.  They dont care about you, or me, or any other person playing SWG as long as they can attract the cash cow that is the main gaming demographic.

They think that these changes will get them that, and that is all that matters.

What's this? A sudden change in attitude? Perhaps someone found out that they will still have a pathetic ego boosting position in a new pointless order?

BadgerSmaker
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-04-2005 01:06 AM

Natures-Ranger wrote:

Its a sad time, but i feel especally bad for Badger, my friend, all the work you have put in to us and now they slap you in your face with this **edit** But you know what? Keep your head up man! Im 110% sure you will always have your communitys support and respect!!!

/hi5

Well, I've calmed down now and I'm not upset in any way.

This is something that has to be done for the good of SWG.  Looking forward to getting on TC today and seeing what all the fuss is about.

BadgerSmaker
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-04-2005 01:43 AM

Trebal wrote:

They've brainwashed you!

heh heh, nah.  Iv started to agree that the GAME may be good.  But im still upset over the loss of my millions and the 30$ i spent on the expansion that I may not want to play through..

I had the situation explained to me... nothing else that could have been done.

So everyone knew it before...but Badgersmoker is a chump. He hated the NGE when he found out his job was gone, but then when he found out that he was still going to be "better" than a normal player he began smoking the corporate cack again.

Love, Sodapop

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304
    Interesting sequence from BadgerSmackoffer.  And I think you are right, he was only upset about losing his "leetness" and status, and once he found out he wasn't he's been OK with everything the NGE brought.

All the GOOD corros, like SonGouki and  Tanks are long gone due to NGE.  The ones left are the bottom of the barrel.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Brenlo wrote:

Thanks folks for being open minded.  For those of you who are upset, please feel free to vent and ask questions.  Just remember our policies while doing so.  More information is coming and will be posted here and on the website over the next couple of days.  As we get the information, we will get it out to you.   Until we release the additional info, I ask that you please try and be patient.

Thanks.

I like that part.  You mean the policies that state you may say whatever you like and we reserve the right to ban you if we don't agree?  That policy? 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

A response to one of his posts is what got me perma banned actually.

HIM and I did NOT see eye to eye... he was a ass, always well be but he does kiss ass and I will never do that.

I do think that they are not the people that should be in those slots or rank.

Throw another liar on the barbie!

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Bria&message.id=1063256#M1063256

Darth_Sushi
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-02-2005 03:03 PM

It's all true.  I have been in SOE's offices in Austin all day playing with the new changes and talking with the developers, designers and producers.  It looks awesome.  The CU was a band-aid on a broken system.  This is a brand new game.  And it rocks.  The game has never looked, felt and played more like "Star Wars" then it did when I logged into the test console this morning.

Darth_Sushi
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-02-2005 02:08 PM

OK - So you may have heard by now that SWG is shaking things up a bit. I have been in Austin at SOE's offices all day testing a lot of these new upcoming changes. While there is likely to be a lot of fear, uncertainty and doubt about the new direction of the game, my first impression is one of sheer amazement and joy. I can assure you that the future of Squad Leader is quite bright.  And I mean bright like:
    • Airstrikes
    • Artillery
    • Orbital Bombardment
    Please check out New Game Enhancements forum.

And remember to keep it civil and stay on target.

Darth_Sushi
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-05-2005 10:00 PM

quadpers0n wrote:

i'm 100% positive if he were to be candid he would describe his original vision as overambitious and laud the changes coming for this game.

Overambitious indeed.  The orginal design wasn't flawed, per se.  However, that system was too complex to maintain and enhance given the limitations of the technology used to build and support it.  There are too many things they want to do with this game that are simply impossible or infeasible from a technical and/or finanical standpoint in it's current incarnation.

Wow...it sure was thick in there around November!

Love, Sodapop

Let's read a little from a GOOD Corr/Senator that cared about the game and not a petty forum title...Shall we?

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=architect&message.id=85444#M85444

Tanks

Galactic Senator

posted: 11-07-2005 05:58 PM
    Akkori wrote:

I suspect the combat side of things will get better. Less professions = easier to manage. The players suffer for it, but maybe this will mean we will see bigger advancements in bug fixes since they wont have to worry about constantly "balancing" everything.

I wouldn't bet on it.  Blizzard has more people working in QA at night shift on WoW than Dev + QA + CSRs (US based) combined at SOE.  I won't even get into the number of devs.

In terms of a business venture this game has been under capitalized for a long time.  The lack or delay of fixes has not been because the game is too complex, but because the resources have not been there. 

Bounty Hunter Correspondant 2003 - 2005

Master Bounty Hunter

Dark Jedi (Pre-Pub 9)

posted: 11-07-2005 05:58 PM
    Akkori wrote:

I suspect the combat side of things will get better. Less professions = easier to manage. The players suffer for it, but maybe this will mean we will see bigger advancements in bug fixes since they wont have to worry about constantly "balancing" everything.

I wouldn't bet on it.  Blizzard has more people working in QA at night shift on WoW than Dev + QA + CSRs (US based) combined at SOE.  I won't even get into the number of devs.
    In terms of a business venture this game has been under capitalized for a long time.  The lack or delay of fixes has not been because the game is too complex, but because the resources have not been there. 

Master Bounty Hunter

Dark Jedi (Pre-Pub 9)

Tanks
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-17-2005 04:48 AM

Brenlo wrote:

...  We are trying to do what we feel is best for the game.  Plain and simple.  Not trying to tick you off or make you quit but make this game better.  It's going to be a bumpy ride and we are here with you for it.

No offense,  but you guys are NOT doing a very good job of it.  The UI  is very cumbersome to use.  There is a reason Blizzard did NOT use Diablo II style of controls for an MMO.  eg. WoW. 
    Based on what I see as the end result I'd venture that not much prototyping or unit testing of UI etc., is getting done by the developers or designers at all.  My thinking is that you guys are going from a design document to coding without spending much time in between.  Of course, what do I know?  I have been involved in software development  only for over 20+ years managing projects involving 100+ programmers at times.  (Dating myself here ).
    Look at your competition.  WoW was in internal Alpha for a year,  and then again in "friends and family" alpha for nine more months, then public beta for a few more months before release.   You wouldn't recognize the UI from the start to now.   Starcraft Ghost by Blizzard has been put on hold and re-written three times so far, and still not released because it was not deemed ready for prime time, but watch out when it comes out!!!
    IMHO, NGE is an improvement.  However, unfortunately it is a year away from prime time if one were to care about quality, and that is very disappointing.  I think that is what most players are upset about.  The feeling is that SOE pushed a half finished product early, once again,  just to make a quick buck. 
    Regards,

Master Bounty Hunter

Dark Jedi (Pre-Pub 9)

Tanks
    Galactic Senator

posted: 04-05-2006 10:45 PM

As of two days ago I have canceled both of my accounts, and they expire on April 5, and 7 respectively.

This was an agonizing decision, but one should not stay in a game one no longer enjoys.  I could go on and on for the reasons why, but I'd like to leave on a positive note.

I have enjoyed our interaction the last couple of years, both in game and as your correspondant  and will remember it fondly.

God Bless,

PS. No, you can't have my stuff .

Master Bounty Hunter

Dark Jedi (Pre-Pub 9)

Love, Sodapop

Lies, lies, lies...

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=nge_discussion&message.id=20#M20

Meatpuppet1987
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-02-2005 01:57 PM

New Game Enhancements. Sony has been secretly revamping the game to make it faster and more intense. They flew 15 people from the community down to Austin to test the early sandbox build. From what we've played- it's sooo much better than pre-cu. Combat is so much more interesting.

________StarWars Galaxies ________
    Martokk of Starsider

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=jedi&message.id=1328404#M1328404

Meatpuppet1987
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-03-2005 02:34 PM

- NO Sign -

I played the sandbox build all yesterday and damn, the game freaking rocks in it's new form! You guys haven't even played it and you're passing judgement. Play it for 2 weeks and if you don't like it then complain- not without even seeing a screenshot of the new system.

How cool is it in the new system that...

- Jedi can be blue glowy

- PVE is a million times better

- Officers can call tie bomber strikes

- Crafters/Entertainers don't draw aggros

- You can hide behind objects like trees to dodge shots

- No more AFK grinding

- Vets hit level 90

- The new player tutorial was fully stocked with awesome voice overs, cinematics and terminals that you can switch instances to join others with

- Smuggler's can sell stuff anywhere in the galaxy without leaving home

- Everyone can places vendors

That's just a few things we saw...stop judging a product that you know nothing about.

Martokk of Starsider

=======xgggggggggggggggggggggggg)
    Commando Martokk  * Armorsmith Wareck *

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=nge_discussion&message.id=12#M12

Meatpuppet1987
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-02-2005 01:55 PM

It's nothing like EQ2. It's changing for the best. We've been playing the sandbox stuff and it rocks.

Martokk of Starsider

Seriously, Meatspin...err..Meatpuppy...errr...whatever..Is possibly the biggest liar of them all. Just shut up and keep bobbing:

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Starsider&message.id=491780#M491780

Meatpuppet1987
    Galactic Senator

posted: 11-03-2005 02:47 PM

It's foolish to cancel your account without evening playing it.

Trust me, keep an open mind and you'll love it. Lag is virutaly eliminated - Most of the functions that were handled serverside have been moved to client. The game mechanics as well as the technical side of things work much better.

Martokk of Starsider

=======xgggggggggggggggggggggggg)
    Commando Martokk  * Armorsmith Wareck *

"Lag is virutaly eliminated"
    HAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!

LIAR

Love, Sodapop

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Is it just me or is that guys name ironically fitting ? Meatpuppet1987

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Lag is virutaly eliminated - Most of the functions that were handled serverside have been moved to client.

This for one is incorrect. Not a single thing has been moved client-side. As a matter of fact, level number post-NGE is stored on the server, and no longer calculated by the client.

So strictly technically speaking, more load has been put on the server-side.

Originally posted by Rekrul

Lag is virutaly eliminated - Most of the functions that were handled serverside have been moved to client.

This for one is incorrect. Not a single thing has been moved client-side. As a matter of fact, level number post-NGE is stored on the server, and no longer calculated by the client.

So strictly technically speaking, more load has been put on the server-side.

Yep, they were all obviously told to spout off and push the NGE (and supress all else) on the players whether they knew what they were talking about or not.

Love, Sodapop

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

The irony in all of this, is that I was picked to go to Austin that weekend to be one of the 15 players to test out the NGE before it went "public".

There was something of a headhunt by Tiggs and some SOE guys, trying to get in contact with me, and trying to figure a way to get me to Austin.

Heck, Tiggs sent me about 5 PM's on the forums asking if I've checked my mail, and in my mail was an invite and more..Even a info about "new game".

I never got to Austin however, as SOE has a policy to only fly people within the US of A, and any european(or otherwise outside the nations border) has to pay and fly themselves to US soil.

I was rather vocal against the CU, and vocal against the lack of Star Wars in SWG generally....And yet, they invited me along with all those bootlickers? I'm still amazed about that, but I have a little feeling that it was Tiggs and other "not working for SOE any longer" devs that put me into the pool.

All I know, is that if I'd been there, and seen the NGE, I would have cancelled my account in front of everyone there and walked out.

It's too bad that they don't fly in europeans tho, as it would have been nice to get to Austin...Lots of my old WW2OL squad lives in Austin, and after walking out of SOE, I could have had the best drunken weekend in my life.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• FignarFignar Member CommonPosts: 417
    The only person who has a brain there is Tanks the rest seem like complete retards who have no idea what makes a good MMO and seem to be impressed by things like " jedi can be blue glowy it fre4king R0xz0rz". Yet don't even realise the NGE underminded the raw basics of the game such as the community interaction, crafting, player driven economy and all players who invested in their professions got "0wn3ed" when they got removed etc. How the f*** these guys became senators is beyond me they don't have an I.Q. above 5 between them and they certainly don't represent me in the slightest.

Water cooled Intel Corei7 920 D0 Stepping OC'd 4.3GHz - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM 2000Mhz - ASUS RAGE II EXTREME X58 Mobo - 2x HD 5870 in Crossfire X, OC'd 0.9Ghz core 1.3Ghz RAM - Dell 2407WFP Flat Panel LCD 24" 1920x1200

Tanks was a great Corr..He would stick to his guns, and he didn't care about his status in (or around) the company.

If they were all like him...I might be playing a game now instead of trolling forums waiting for something that I enjoy to come back.

Love, Sodapop

Some of the Jedi ones did as well.

SonG, Arjun in the end, but they are gone... long gone.

I still think that in the end most of them are now eating crow... not showing it maybe but they are.

• dookseiddookseid Member Posts: 282

Originally posted by SODAofBRIA

Tanks was a great Corr..He would stick to his guns, and he didn't care about his status in (or around) the company.
    If they were all like him...I might be playing a game now instead of trolling forums waiting for something that I enjoy to come back.

QFE!!!
  • KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Speaking of SonGouki, here is a great post by him:

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=26464#M26464

Leave the game as it was, in the CU form. Push out the Ranger revamp and then assign a skeleton crew of devs to handle only bug fixes on SWG from then on out.

At the same time, begin developing the NGE into a real SWG2 product. Let it bake for another 6 months to a year (or however long it takes).

Take the time to implement quests for all levels of players, re-evaluate all game systems, make all classes viable and fun, devise a specialization system for the classes so players aren't all clones, tweak the combat system and AI, re-develop all the planets to be full of content like Mustafar, make all new graphics with less character customizations so the game can handle epic battles, upgrade the servers to handle the game properly, re-focus on the GCW and make it the *core* part of the game, resolve +99% of the bugs, and so on. Whatever it takes to ensure that it offers a tight gaming experience. You know, make it into a product worthy of my hard earned dollars and precious gaming time.

Then, release it all as SWG2 and let the players decide if they want the (totally) new gaming experience or not.

The subscriptions for SWG:CU would've been enough to carry them through, all they would have had to do is merge the servers and clear up all the 'dead' houses, harvesters, factories, and cities. This probably would've made everyone more than happy with the current game and kept us playing for the foreseeable future.

It seems so simple...

However, it matters little to me now since this is no longer a game that I can enjoy and I have thus cancelled all of my accounts. SWG... so much promise, so many poor decisions.

- SonGouki

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

ToOW Quests Guide :: NGE Classes Overview :: Kkowir Loot Weapons