Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ps2 vs. pc

unown48unown48 Member Posts: 4

I Have Bot But I Like Both

Comments

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467
    Despite what anyone says, the ps2 is a good investment even if you have a killer comp.  But be warned they're not crankin' out as many kick-ass games for it like they used to though.  I'd say if you have the bread, why not get both? 

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

• NiziborNizibor Member Posts: 131
    if you were to get ffxi on the ps2 you would be a little behind in the game because of the late release date i would go with the computer

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    Abraham Lincoln

• NagaClockNagaClock Member Posts: 6
    ps2 all the way

What you want my autograph?

What you want my autograph?

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    why in gods name would you bump a thread this old

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

lol

now that its up...

pc's whoop ass dude...and u know itimage

• ArkenArken Member Posts: 18
    rofl, the only reason i'd get the PS2 version is if it was free. On the other hand, the first good mmorpg(besided PSO) on a console is going to be True Fantasy Online for xbox.. looks kick ass, and may even be free per month!

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    ps2 has better offline g ames i only play comp for online games.. except might and magic

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

Originally posted by BurningMan
    ps2 has better offline g ames i only play comp for online games.. except might and magic

Yea, thats pretty well true. Most PC offline games arn't to good(since they usually gear towards Multi-Player). But xbox is the best of both worlds, PS2 doesn't attract me at all. Any of the games I wanted are coming or on the xbox so I never got a PS2.

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277

Morrowind is pretty good on PC.

pc's also have the plus of u being able to make em better then ur friend. and u can get funky colored cathode wires and pcu coolants...and clear sidepanels...and stuff

Originally posted by Sensei_Kaels

Morrowind is pretty good on PC.
    pc's also have the plus of u being able to make em better then ur friend. and u can get funky colored cathode wires and pcu coolants...and clear sidepanels...and stuff

Well, yea PC is good offline if you want to spend over $500 for a good enough computer to run Morrowind. I just prefer xbox offline(and lately online).

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77
    PC all the way. PC's I find are so much better because of all teh things you can do with them, because unlike osme people I don't game all day.  And also, if I had to pick a console I would pick Xbox. I love Xbox's they are the bestimage not as good as PC's but still awesome. Maybe I like Xbox's so much because I love Halo and can't wait for Halo 2. . . image

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

An Xbox basically is a PC...stripped down with a proprietary OS, but still a PC. 

Have you heard that the Xbox2 is going to use a new IBM/Motorola chip?  It looks to be sweet!

Still, I'll take a PC over any console.  There is so much more that can be done there.  The only genre that I think is superior on consoles is sports games.  When I get a hankering to play Super Wario's Peppermint Kart Castle IV, I'll buy a console.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. (written on the SW:G CD)

-----

Old timer.

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

You mean there is something besides a PC for gaming???????? image

• NuzatchNuzatch Member Posts: 1
    What's a PS2?   Kidding of course. Still tho, I'm with almost everyone else.  Stick to the PC man.

just incase you werent kidding... playstatin 2

but the thing is...i HATE it when people call themselves gamers, when all they do is play games on the ps2...

that is NOT gaming...and we needa somehow show them the light...the light of the ultimate l33t uber machines!

(by that i mean pc's of course)

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

PC is the best for gaming, ps2 is good to but not if your into online gaming.  Everyone knows for right now that a PC will blow away a console online game.  Even you should know that, but it depends on what YOU want to do, not us.

yea i definetly know that

it's just those ignorant people at school who think they are gamers

they wish

• I say don't get FF11 at all. Sure they have a great legacy in making some of the best games out there, but making people pay out the ass for software and then 13 bucks a month for a game that needs a sickening amount of work done on it. To this I say HELL NO. Wasted Money. Wasted Time. Go buy your grandma 50 bucks worth of socks....she'll get more use outta them then you will with that game....
  • JolephJoleph Member Posts: 31

Ive owned every system they have ever made and i have to say that if you bought a PS2 your scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I have to agree there are some realy good games for it but compared with all other systems it just doesn't stand up. If your have the money to spend on online games id suggest going and buying a realy system.

PCimage

PS2image

everything elseimage

"He who looks for his inner self finds MMORPG.Com" Confucius's Mentor

• XYXYXYXYXYXY Member Posts: 21

PC

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    I prefer PC's over everything else...just because they can do so many things...games, internet, word documents....consoles such as PS2 can only play games.  Mac's would be okay but no games support them so obviously I don't like them image

::Yordo::
    EQ2, UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, City of Heroes

• TenguTengu Member Posts: 1

Right now in my life, gaming time is short so I prefer EQOA: F on the PS2, a game I can pick up, play a short time, get something accomplished rather than feeling like my time wasn't spent well.

If you have alot of time on hand to game though, go PC image

-RTM

-RTM

• urbnurbn Member Posts: 15
    Wow man, I wish I had a bank roll like that~ pshh.. -i agree with the anti-FFXI statement by l33twalrus. and i would avoid shadowbane (and horizons) sb+horizons=Failures. FFXI was cool for a month or two.. then i got subjob and it ruined it for me heh.. Get lvl 18, then start over at 0, then when I hit lvl 30, i have to start over AGAIN? PStFhsadflkjsaf no way! SEEYA!.. Man.. i am DYING FOR A GOOD MMORPG!!! *pulls hair out and plays Need For Speed: Underground*

--- I long for MMORPG Utopia ---

--- I long for MMORPG Utopia ---