Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

archlord = ebay game

b3g0rb3g0r Member Posts: 32
Codemasters Online Gaming to introduce new MMO subscription solution for ArchLord™.

New multi-level ‘PlayPLUS’ system to combine game subscription and in-game items in one payment.

Codemasters Online Gaming today announces ‘PlayPLUS’, a
revolutionary subscription system for the hugely anticipated MMORPG
ArchLord™. The PlayPLUS system will enable players to purchase packages
that include both game time and in-game bonus credits. Credits will be
redeemable against in-game items and benefits, such as experience
bonuses, teleportation spells, health boosts and many other desirable
enhancements.

Items obtained using the bonus credits are additional to the
standard in-game currency system and are only used as a way of
enhancing your character further. Regular in-game items, including
weapons, armour, potions, and mounts, will still be freely available
through the regular in-game currency system.

David Solari, Vice President & General Manager, Codemasters
Online Gaming, commented: “We are very pleased to bring this exciting
concept “PlayPLUS” to the MMO market. We believe the ability to utilise
items will give players more freedom to develop their characters in the
game world and will enhance their overall experience. Coupled with
quality gameplay at a very competitive entry price we believe ArchLord
is the MMO to get into this year.”

The all-new PlayPLUS system will be integrated into ArchLord in time
for launch in Q3 this year. However, gamers participating in the
forthcoming Beta test will be able to experience the system early.
There are still places left in the BETA sign up now at the official
ArchLord website www.archlordgame.com

Ed Relf, Director of Marketing at Codemasters Online Gaming,
commented: “We are ecstatic to finally unveil the full details of the
new payment system, which we will introduce with ArchLord. The PlayPLUS
subscription system will allow players to join ArchLord at a great,
value-packed price and we look forward to welcoming them in the coming
weeks in the game’s BETA phase.”

For more information on the ArchLord PlayPLUS system please visit www.archlordgame.com/playplus.

This is a big joke right ?
better call the game ebaylord or something like that codemasters sorry but this sucks

Any comments ?

Comments

• DRaculleusDRaculleus Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by b3g0r
    Codemasters Online Gaming to introduce new MMO subscription solution for ArchLord™.
    New multi-level ‘PlayPLUS’ system to combine game subscription and in-game items in one payment.
    Codemasters Online Gaming today announces ‘PlayPLUS’, a revolutionary subscription system for the hugely anticipated MMORPG ArchLord™. The PlayPLUS system will enable players to purchase packages that include both game time and in-game bonus credits. Credits will be redeemable against in-game items and benefits, such as experience bonuses, teleportation spells, health boosts and many other desirable enhancements.
    Items obtained using the bonus credits are additional to the standard in-game currency system and are only used as a way of enhancing your character further. Regular in-game items, including weapons, armour, potions, and mounts, will still be freely available through the regular in-game currency system.
    David Solari, Vice President & General Manager, Codemasters Online Gaming, commented: “We are very pleased to bring this exciting concept “PlayPLUS” to the MMO market. We believe the ability to utilise items will give players more freedom to develop their characters in the game world and will enhance their overall experience. Coupled with quality gameplay at a very competitive entry price we believe ArchLord is the MMO to get into this year.”
    The all-new PlayPLUS system will be integrated into ArchLord in time for launch in Q3 this year. However, gamers participating in the forthcoming Beta test will be able to experience the system early. There are still places left in the BETA sign up now at the official ArchLord website www.archlordgame.com
    Ed Relf, Director of Marketing at Codemasters Online Gaming, commented: “We are ecstatic to finally unveil the full details of the new payment system, which we will introduce with ArchLord. The PlayPLUS subscription system will allow players to join ArchLord at a great, value-packed price and we look forward to welcoming them in the coming weeks in the game’s BETA phase.”
    For more information on the ArchLord PlayPLUS system please visit www.archlordgame.com/playplus.

This is a big joke right ?
    better call the game ebaylord or something like that codemasters sorry but this sucks

Any comments ?

I am beginning to think that this system has been flamed enough... Maybe you could just write that ur disappointed about it, to Codemaster?!

I dislike this idea too, but you don't know how it will work in game... When i first heard about it i was furiously disappointed, shows me that codemaster is alot interested in the money part maybe too much...

But to be honest i still look forward to playing Archlord... But yeah it's a small set-back :)

Vladimirr Dracullia la Secúnda de la Transýlvanïï

• golthangolthan Member Posts: 24
    Already posted! anyways ya im begining to not as care much, im the hardcore player type so this shouldnt really matter unless im competiting against another hardcore player type with a better subscription.
  • amark_8amark_8 Member Posts: 75
    WoW codemasters just got worse... they failed with RF Online.. now they are screwing over an mmo that actually looks good, I might try beta but if this doesn't change I'm not playing this game for sure.. Glad I didn't pre order.

• Thekobe8Thekobe8 Member Posts: 57
    This is called cash shop game not e-bay, get outisde the 15$ box and check the biggest mmo market in the world (the asian market) an dyou will see that this kind of system is one of the most used and most successful. because it's new to  you doesn't mean it's crap, wait to try it and then start your flaming

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by Thekobe8
    This is called cash shop game not e-bay, get outisde the 15$ box and check the biggest mmo market in the world (the asian market) an dyou will see that this kind of system is one of the most used and most successful. because it's new to  you doesn't mean it's crap, wait to try it and then start your flaming

Archlord fanboy detected.  (seriously I think you're the only one on these Archlord forums to defend the game since the payment announcement)

• HaZaDHaZaD Member Posts: 43

lol ... i hate those fanboys 
    they attack you from all sides (look into the graphics thread*sigh*)

btw i dont care about it atm i wanna see the game or beta when its up
    tested and rated on game magazines or online portals

i wont think about buying such a game before that

i m not a nerd

i played rf and know the monthly fee and same for ddo
    i bet they want only cash

this game will be 100% a 10$ dollar p/month game *sigh*

• amark_8amark_8 Member Posts: 75

the number 1 game in korea = lineage?

as far as I know lineage 1 and 2 don't have a system like this in place
  • HitManJonHitManJon Member Posts: 19
    I hate it when people flame a million dollar industry.. like these people are intelligent, i think they know what there doing.. basically if u liike it..than play..if u don't..than don't.. just don't cry like a lil girl
  • SmirchSmirch Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by HitManJon
    I hate it when people flame a million dollar industry.. like these people are intelligent, i think they know what there doing.. basically if u liike it..than play..if u don't..than don't.. just don't cry like a lil girl

I'm sure glad the corporations have watchdogs like you. Somebody needs to stick up for these all powerful, money hungry, self important companies.
  • willybongwillybong Member Posts: 32

Hmm i think this is a shitty idea but... ive been thinking why would someone need those credits and i thought that MAYBE the archlord could screw up the economy of the game so much that pots and scrolls would be too damn exspensive to buy. So by having credits that doesnt increase with the economy maybe codemasters thought of that as a way to take care of the problem with items that cost too much due to the economy.

but if its not then this payment system is so gay.

also they have a $15 in the payment system which i bet will be the most common payment option that everyone picks. So im not going to fret until i give it a try.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    There is a diffrence between Ebay and Archlords PlayPLUS.

Ebay = spend more real life money to buy super ubar sword of total uberness
    AL's PlayPLUS = spend more real life money to get benefits.

• greatwulfgreatwulf Member Posts: 77

Theres no need to explain it cuz they will still continue to flame. Then dont play AL if you dont like. I was a bit surprised about this and i have my concerns, but hopefully beta will show that it isnt that bad.
    And if you want fanboys, go to a WoW forum pls.

• Thekobe8Thekobe8 Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Suitepee

Archlord fanboy detected.  (seriously I think you're the only one on these Archlord forums to defend the game since the payment announcement)

call me fan boy (like it would ever be an offense) i have 2 post about this game anyway. anyway comparing a cash shop game to ebay it's like comparing e-bay and walmart, where the guy with more money is gonna buy more stuff then you.
  • b3g0rb3g0r Member Posts: 32
    Ok to those that said if u dont like the system then dont play the game its to lame mates cause if u like a game then u gonna play it....
    No balance on that game but i will agree with those who said lets w8 till beta opens and see how the game turns around
    So is it true that beta opens on 11 this month ?

• greatwulfgreatwulf Member Posts: 77

That 11th date is from the promotion on fileplanet. The official date is 24th August. But maybe its already starting at the 11th, who knows. At least its starting this month. ::::01::

• HaZaDHaZaD Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by b3g0r
    Ok to those that said if u dont like the system then dont play the game its to lame mates cause if u like a game then u gonna play it....
    No balance on that game but i will agree with those who said lets w8 till beta opens and see how the game turns around
    So is it true that beta opens on 11 this month ?

Originally posted by Suitepee

This is called cash
    shop game not e-bay, get outisde the 15$ box and check the biggest mmo
    market in the world (the asian market) an dyou will see that this kind
    of system is one of the most used and most successful. because it's new
    to  you doesn't mean it's crap, wait to try it and then start your
    flaming

• ChainsawDChainsawD Member Posts: 17
    The real problem is the timing. they give us this playpay crap early enough to get our flames out before release. so later we'll forget the issue. There are those of you saying lets just wait untill after beta to judge the game. All the while playing into there plans. You people out there that think this will just be an archlord thing.  just wait untill other companies catch wind. Hmm codemaster is just the begining now that there are you out there that will let this stand. well you do have a vote. if you cancel your preorders and move on to another game when they launch the game to the sound of crickets chirping in the back ground that will tell future gamers that the price has to be fair and competitve in the market or it will fail.  Where does it end, if your willing to pay that much for those in game benifits then they will just take bigger steps after that. And if you think i'm a conspisry nut just look at the past. when people let one thing slide then another and another where do you end up? Pay for level games. $50 a level $98 if you buy two. it's your choice...
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    the thing is, most people don't understand this new system. some people clearly think the subscribtion of  40$ a month gives HUGE bonuses and the best items, which is simply not the case. 

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Gameloading
    the thing is, most people don't understand this new system. some people clearly think the subscribtion of  40$ a month gives HUGE bonuses and the best items, which is simply not the case. 

And that is why most of them fail at life....

Most of the items they are going to use are carried straight over from Korean version of Archlord's Cash Shop (Which is F2P).  If you think that those items are going to give you a big advantage over everyone else.  *hold on on let me stop laughing*  You couldn't be more wrong, but hey.  If you want to hate on archlord because of some ill-concieved notion of uberness through cash shop items.  Then more power to you friend.  (Not directed at you Gameloading)

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• sonicwavezorsonicwavezor Member Posts: 13

It's fun how fast people can build a very strong opinion about something that they don't really know anything about... And initially I did that too, until more info on the system started to surface...

For instance, the items you can buy in the shop are all consumeables, and will be priced so that everyone, regardless of subscribtion, will be able to buy an amount of every item.
    One of the CM Archlord producers posted that an average player (playing ~22 hours a week) will need around 3000 credits pr. month to be completely buffed up most of the time. So, average players can do fine with a Knight subscribtion, while casual players (playing maybe less than 10 hours a week) can actually get to play for less money, and still be buffed up most of the time. Link here: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121518

Also, CM has confirmed that there will be credits as prizes in various events and similar.

• ChainsawDChainsawD Member Posts: 17
    I'm not flaming codemasters, i'm flaming the system. We are told buying stuff from people on ebay to help with the game is wrong. We are told that putting a bot in the game to help level is wrong. gives people an unfair edge. There is nothing to explain there is nothing to read about this IT IS JUST WRONG. Explain why those things are wrong and why playpay isn't the same thing..... Money in= extra help with the game out.
  • sonicwavezorsonicwavezor Member Posts: 13

Buying stuff from eBay is wrong, because the publisher has no control whatsoever over what's going on, and because the TOS say so - it's like cheating, and can unbalance the game. The game wasn't built for it, that's why it's wrong.

The item shop has been in Archlord from the beginning, and the publisher has full control over it. The game was built for it, that's why it actually has a potential to work out fine.

If you had read my above post, you'd probably have seen that an average player will be able to spend around 3000-4000 credits pr month, and be fully buffed all the time. So, the only ones getting extra help from Lord subscribtions are the ones playing much more than the average player. On the other hand, a very casual gamer can be buffed all the time for the 1500 credits a squire subscribtion gives you.

So, in the end the people playing the most also pay the most (if they want to be fully buffed all the time), while the people who like to play a bit once in a while, can do so for less money. In this perspective, it's actually a really fair system.

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667
    This can be a great system or it can be a bad system. It can go either way. Personaly I hope it goes over well. 

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• Seraphim789Seraphim789 Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by ChainsawD

The real problem is the timing. they give us this playpay crap early enough to get our flames out before release. so later we'll forget the issue. There are those of you saying lets just wait untill after beta to judge the game. All the while playing into there plans. You people out there that think this will just be an archlord thing.  just wait untill other companies catch wind. Hmm codemaster is just the begining now that there are you out there that will let this stand. well you do have a vote. if you cancel your preorders and move on to another game when they launch the game to the sound of crickets chirping in the back ground that will tell future gamers that the price has to be fair and competitve in the market or it will fail.  Where does it end, if your willing to pay that much for those in game benifits then they will just take bigger steps after that. And if you think i'm a conspisry nut just look at the past. when people let one thing slide then another and another where do you end up? Pay for level games. $50 a level $98 if you buy two. it's your choice...
    Bah!

Do you honestly think any kind of boycott would work? lol. The vast majority of MMO players aren't forum trolls (I admit to being one though) ... they see the game show up on the shelf of the local electronics store... or hear a freind talking it up... they usually don't browse around on forums to hear what people's complaints about the game are beforehand.

Anyway... your loss if you don't want to play a great game because of some trivial issue that is being over-eggagerated into some horrendous catastrophic thing. You people are ridiculous.

Call me a fanboy if you like, I really don't care, like it matters. Go whine some more.