Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the future of online gaming and this is why....see for yourself

http://bymitra.com/files.php

Check those videos out.....every mmorpg maker in this industry will have to step up or close its doors. This game is the future of MMORPGS. DAMN March 07 is too far away!!!!

Comments

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Show me a multiplayer video and I"ll be happy.  The game looks like an amazing single player game with all the city building and formations and everything, but I haven't seen a shred of good multiplayer action.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• VixenHeartVixenHeart Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by checkthis500
    Show me a multiplayer video and I"ll be happy.  The game looks like an amazing single player game with all the city building and formations and everything, but I haven't seen a shred of good multiplayer action.

City building = RvR.  Not single player.
  • TorgisTorgis Member Posts: 5
    Yea, this game will blow them all out IMO.
  • checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Originally posted by VixenHeart

Actually if you watch the movies, and read the latest PvP update, player-run cities are instanced and they're there to fight NPCs.

There's something different called Battle Keeps or something that you build in the Border Lands or wherever the pvp is.

And you can't siege a city whenever you want, you have to build a camp outside of their city and then you're allotted time to prepare and then you siege.  Which in my opinion is pretty cool, but I think it could be seen both ways.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117

Vanguard has been the main focus of my attention for the past year or so.

But I'll freely admit, since i viewed the presentation its been wandering off, whistling suspiciously down a dark alley and trying the lock on a door marked 'Hyboria'.

It does look an awful lot of fun.

Tam

Actually if you watch the movies, and read the latest PvP update, player-run cities are instanced and they're there to fight NPCs.

There's something different called Battle Keeps or something that you build in the Border Lands or wherever the pvp is.

And you can't siege a city whenever you want, you have to build a camp outside of their city and then you're allotted time to prepare and then you siege.  Which in my opinion is pretty cool, but I think it could be seen both ways.

That's pretty foolish if you ask me. 
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

have to build a camp outside of their city and then you're allotted time to prepare and then you siege.  Which in my opinion is pretty cool, but I think it could be seen both ways.

Actually it is really the only way to do seiges. The Battle Keep areas are going to open pvp 24/7 but just when it comes to seiges is there a time window. This is not only good for defenders but for attackers too. Sure the attackers want to steal the keep and land from the current owners, but the game would get dull if you mounted a 30 man raid at 4 am and only found 1 or 2 player-characters defending. This way the defenders can form and the attackers can form. Remember that it is a game and players are not on 24/7.

Originally posted by Laserwolf

have to build a camp outside of their city and then you're allotted time to prepare and then you siege.  Which in my opinion is pretty cool, but I think it could be seen both ways.

Actually it is really the only way to do seiges. The Battle Keep areas are going to open pvp 24/7 but just when it comes to seiges is there a time window. This is not only good for defenders but for attackers too. Sure the attackers want to steal the keep and land from the current owners, but the game would get dull if you mounted a 30 man raid at 4 am and only found 1 or 2 player-characters defending. This way the defenders can form and the attackers can form. Remember that it is a game and players are not on 24/7.

I never knew. 
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Tamalan
    Vanguard has been the main focus of my attention for the past year or so.
    But I'll freely admit, since i viewed the presentation its been wandering off, whistling suspiciously down a dark alley and trying the lock on a door marked 'Hyboria'.
    It does look an awful lot of fun.
    Tam

yes it does look like alot of fun! but theres no reason why one couldn't follow multiple games is there? the impression i get from AOC is its not going to take up a terrible amount of time to play and enjoy.

i actually plan on playing both vanguard and AOC when they are released, thats assuming i like both of them as much as i think i will. ::::31::

• TehfuzzTehfuzz Member Posts: 45

HAhahahahaha! Did you happen to check out the gamespot interview video! Great gameplay footage in there But you can tell they still have quite a few bugs to work out! I mean, after the guy cut the bad guys head off
    he got back up, and his head was back on! :P And another time, when he grabbed the guy and ran him through with the sword! His head came off! And then he too got back up and his head was back on :P
    I found that hilarious! I could imagine seeing that happend in game, Everyone you kill gets back up and starts attacking you. That would make for an interesting challenge! Ahh well, im sure all the bugs will be worked out with time. It still had some awesome gameplay footage!

• ceremonyceremony Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Tehfuzz

HAhahahahaha! Did you happen to check out the gamespot interview video! Great gameplay footage in there But you can tell they still have quite a few bugs to work out! I mean, after the guy cut the bad guys head off
    he got back up, and his head was back on! :P And another time, when he grabbed the guy and ran him through with the sword! His head came off! And then he too got back up and his head was back on :P
    I found that hilarious! I could imagine seeing that happend in game, Everyone you kill gets back up and starts attacking you. That would make for an interesting challenge! Ahh well, im sure all the bugs will be worked out with time. It still had some awesome gameplay footage!

I didn't notice...now I'm going to have to go back and watch it again.  LOL

They'll work these out though.

• TehfuzzTehfuzz Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by ceremony

Originally posted by Tehfuzz

I didn't notice...now I'm going to have to go back and watch it again.  LOL

They'll work these out though.

Hehe True that. And its definitely worth another look!
  • scrawnehscrawneh Member Posts: 220

Your comment seems pretty foolish if you ask me. Please elucidate why you think that game mechanic is foolish?
  • Wisdom_XooWisdom_Xoo Member Posts: 17
    I wanna Set, SET....