Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is conan going to use physx card from ageia or not?

was thinking about getting physx card from ageia,

so was wondering if i should get 1 but not sure if conan will support it plz help.

Comments

• VixenHeartVixenHeart Member Posts: 458
    I know it will use 64 bit CPUs and Windows Vista and DX10.  Don't now about the physics card.
  • Devil21Devil21 Member Posts: 74
    physics cards are mostly useless at this stage in their life cycle. It's a new technology that has not evolved enough to the point where it's worth buying. GPU's and CPU's will be able to do all the physics work. waste of money imo

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    Yea sorry but you spent $300 on a hyped up piece of garbage that is supported in so few games it's laughable and even those it's supports all you get are a few more particles on screen for .5 seconds and reduced framerates.

Was it worth it?

• drunkenpapadrunkenpapa Member Posts: 2

thanks all you saved me $300 lol

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    Lol your welcome. Give it a year or so for Havok to release their onboard solution and you may find the market and the cards much better. Right now they are buggy and overly expensive and hardly do anything at all accept produce a few more particle effects that, as I said above, are only on screen for a split second. Some games they show improvements in, others they actually reduce framerate.

NOT worth getting un less you've got $300 to blow on junk, but how many people can say that?

You'd be MUCH better off getting a 7900GT for that money, or a second video card for SLI.

• SmirchSmirch Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by drunkenpapa

was thinking about getting physx card from ageia,
    so was wondering if i should get 1 but not sure if conan will support it plz help.

Lets hope not. Right now the performance upgrade would be minimal at best, (I've heard that in a few instances the card actually made the systems perform worse!), and with the lack of software support it would be like going back to 1983 and trying to sell someone a DVD player.