Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any suggestions on other MMO's while waiting on DarkFall?

ruffagiiruffagii Member Posts: 4
First of all, most of you prolly havent seen me at all, well i've been waiting for darkfall for long time but i never posted on forums. It seems like they r doing a very good job on development, got a bigger team and progressing really fast, and actually implementing the stuff that they promised us. I truly believe that this game will come out soon, and it will be worth paying whatever the amount they'll ask wit all those features they promised. Lets get to the topic what other MMO's u guys suggest me to play while i wait for DFO? I can play anything except WoW, i just quit that game, cuz of that stupid game i;ve had arguments with my gf and my family so many times omg i was foolish but anyways i wanna play something diff, something that'll keep me awake, what u suggest? I used to play WW2 online Battlegrounds Europe and oh i loved that game so much, had to quit becuz of school. Another game i used to play is Guild Wars, it was fun for a short time. But there's 1 game i never leave, never quit, and never hate is Counter Strike 1.6, FPS game that involves nothing but skill, both personal and teamwork. If u play CS or any other mmo's thats fun and thats not listed above plz let me kno.

Comments

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Along similiar PvP lines:

Shadowbane and EVE Online. Or perhaps Ultima Online,but you'd best be asking some UO vets as the game has changed since its popular open PvP incarnation years ago.

I also heard,although it seems to have some problems (again,look up and judge for yourself),that Roma Victor wasn't too bad either. It has a GW-payment system I think; pay for box,that's it.

• Elray2120Elray2120 Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Suitepee

Along similiar PvP lines:
    Shadowbane and EVE Online. Or perhaps Ultima Online,but you'd best be asking some UO vets as the game has changed since its popular open PvP incarnation years ago.
    I also heard,although it seems to have some problems (again,look up and judge for yourself),that Roma Victor wasn't too bad either. It has a GW-payment system I think; pay for box,that's it.

Actually Roma Victor is pay for box but also supposively has an economy that requires paying for game money as well.  I haven't found an MMO that is worthwhile enough to play while waiting for DF.  I am retired from UO and SB.  EVE is too much like work.  I haven't tried RV but haven't really heard anything good about it either.
  • stanfinkstanfink Member Posts: 48

lineage2!  :P

• HighpowerHighpower Member Posts: 14

AHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES ARE BURNING.

NEVER EEVEEERRRR PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT... holy moley moses... im sucked into this SHITHOLE game... i have to watch my language in that fucking game... i gotta say like tooshi and rearend and bottom LOL no joke.

cause every time i ssay Fuck some nerd reports me and i get a 3 day FUCKING BAN 9FUQOFERIGEGELNH;

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by Highpower

AHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES ARE BURNING.

NEVER EEVEEERRRR PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT... holy moley moses... im sucked into this SHITHOLE game... i have to watch my language in that fucking game... i gotta say like tooshi and rearend and bottom LOL no joke.

cause every time i ssay Fuck some nerd reports me and i get a 3 day FUCKING BAN 9FUQOFERIGEGELNH;

Uhm.

Perhaps due to the reason you failed at maturity?

I'm not saying that cussing is immature, but excessive cussing is just plain dumb, like HIV.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• dominionlrddominionlrd Member Posts: 5
    a game that's gonna comin out soon that looks good to me is chronicles of spellborn.Might wanna check that one out, looks like it'll have some nice pvp and the skill deck is interesting.

• cheesyecheesye Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by dominionlrd
    a game that's gonna comin out soon that looks good to me is chronicles of spellborn.Might wanna check that one out, looks like it'll have some nice pvp and the skill deck is interesting.

yea i also heard spellborn was supposed to be pretty good, so that may kill your time while your waiting on darkfall, but if your looking for something with hardcore pvp like darkfall, then pretty much your two choices would be shadowbane, eve, or UO, but UO has went downhill since ive played. other than those suggestions, u could just twiddle your thumbs until darkfall comes out : /

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by cheesye  other than those suggestions, u could just twiddle your thumbs until darkfall comes out : /

I've done 1,807 thumb twiddles today. Guess that makes me a vet.

• KhaelSUNKhaelSUN Member Posts: 394

I think I'll play some some Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, it's out soon... while waiting for DF =)

Khael[SUN]
    SUN - peekayin since pong
    Webdeveloper on:
    http://www.guildofsun.com
    http://www.bloodmonarchy.com

• cheesyecheesye Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Suitepee

Originally posted by cheesye  other than those suggestions, u could just twiddle your thumbs until darkfall comes out : /

I've done 1,807 thumb twiddles today. Guess that makes me a vet.

i managed to make my way up to about 500 or so, then resorted to playing PSX ffiv lol i seriously need somethin new to play as well

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699
    The Saga of ryzom is an ok game and you can now play unliumited time on the frebie trial island to see if the game is anything for you.

http://www.ryzom.com/

It has PvP in the game but that is later on after the freebie island.
    Extraction and crafting is pretty good too but it takes a while to know how to spend your skills correctly.
    Great userinterface.
    All in all a good game to kill some time in.

• niccoli00niccoli00 Member Posts: 98
    MMOs, I wouldn't waste time on it.  If you know you're gonna leave anyway, why invest the time.  I'm actually playing EQ2 right now on PvP server, its 'ok'.  At least I can level while PvPing and don't have to mess with mobs.  And nothing better than looting a ton of coin off some fool who forgot to bank. ;)

Other games to look at:

Savage 2 (not quite in beta, damn them)
    Dark Messiah (this year?)

If you have Half Life Source, Dystopia mod is pretty fun.

Solitaire?

Niccoli

• unholy414unholy414 Member Posts: 37
    I just got done with EQ2 on Nagafen. Sold my account for $400, pretty clean break if you ask me.

Thats what I've always loved about EQ.

Once your done, you can walk away and take your money back too. ;)

For now, I'm having fun hangin out with my friends, killin Qs and taking their money. :D

Niccoli

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    If you like player interaction and a player driven environment then Eve online is the one you seek.

Originally posted by Jhughesy
    If you like player interaction and a player driven environment then Eve online is the one you seek.

Eve was pretty fun.  Problem is, everytime I think of going back, I realize how far behind the skill curve I am, as opposed to if I stayed with the game however long ago (played about the first 4 months of release).

Eve's skill system is cool, because there is no grind, but once you're behind the front runners, you are always behind, no way to 'catch up'. 

Niccoli

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by niccoli00

Eve's skill system is cool, because there is no grind, but once you're behind the front runners, you are always behind, no way to 'catch up'. 

A common misconception taken from the other games in the MMORPG world. Character skill in Eve is not the deciding factor, player skill and knowledge is.

I started an industry alt 6 months ago. Now makes 1b ISK per month and rising. I combat a new player can play an effective role. He may not be able to fly a carrier but not every ship in a fleet should be a carrier. I know of 3 year old players being taken down by 6 month old players. It's all possible.

I just think your looking at Eve from the wrong perspective.

• mattleonemattleone Member Posts: 4
    Guild Wars is a fun and light MMO. There is alot to do even if you don't spend that much time playing. The pvp system is pretty good sa well.
  • IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876
    Poker, poker, poker and poker.

That's what I'm doing until next MMORPG and it might even fill your pockets with moneys or force you to sell your spouse.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2