Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

god i love this game!!

b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
seriously this was one of my favorite ever mmo's if they made a 3D version (*hint hint*) i would probably live off of it.  People complain about the graphics but how much fun it was overshadowed that.  The combat could have been much better but that was nothing to complain about either.  i loved this game becuase it was and still is the only game i have ever played which levels where not the largest factor.  in other games people will grind for hours just to reach a certain level.  In runescape i really didnt care what my level was because i could go most places and do most things at any level.  but still point and click has to go they should make it WASD contols or something.

Comments

• Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

Hi

Lol great game eh (I agree with you), but one thing I cant agree with is the game being made with WASD controls.   True it would cut down on autoers (for a while), but the game has been mouse controlled ever since it was made, and it's just *grown up* that way.

So I personally think RuneScpe should stay mouse controlled really, but it's your opinion so....

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    idk i mean like i like how like unrealistic the gathering, mining and stuff is i cant even really explain it but like it just made way more sense to me than other games and seems much more like a central part of the game than others.  Much more variety in runescape than anywhere else too.  i was only level 40 and i could go almost everywhere and had a multicannon and stuff so you could do most stuff at every level which was amazing.

i need someone who is a member to complain to them about making a 3D version for me because like they wont let me post on the official forums because im not a member lol
    actually autoers werent a real problem to me i would be lying if i said that i didnt have a level 3 with an autominer/banker lol.  i thought that scripts were fun and finding/making the newest and best ones was alsmot as fun as playing the actual game
  • Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64

You should see when you have someone auto fighting! It's like putting a 2 year old playing Runescape! It's pretty sad...

• Drag0nDrag0n Member UncommonPosts: 20
    b0rderline99 if you cant post on the forums because your not a member and you have a multicannon then your lying about having a multicannon. Multicannons are members only.

And by the way Runescape is already 3D and WASD sucks except on first person shooters.

Originally posted by Drag0n
    b0rderline99 if you cant post on the forums because your not a member and you have a multicannon then your lying about having a multicannon. Multicannons are members only.

And by the way Runescape is already 3D and WASD sucks except on first person shooters.

wow dude calm down
    i used to be a member and bought a multicannon then after i let my subscription end and like members stuff doesnt just get erased outta your bank after you switch back to free.
    what i mean by 3d is more of a non java game just because even though it was one of the funnest games i ever played i think that it could be even better and possibly get more respect from the rest of the community if it went to a game with amazing graphics and a third person WASD controls
  • Drag0nDrag0n Member UncommonPosts: 20
    If RuneScape ever became a WASD game I would quit as soon as it happened.

• samuribladesamuriblade Member Posts: 30

Good game... alot of people don't like it but i do...I like thieving alot...

• yodudeyodude Member Posts: 6

i agree on ya as well.

its about the mouse problem,i think its ok to be mouse controlled because its easy, but the combat system should be improved,i should say.

oh yea and my lvl is 71.str 63,atk 58 and def 51.i have full rune.

thanks

yodude, big fan of rsimage

roland itaru thompson

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by b0rderline99
    seriously this was one of my favorite ever mmo's if they made a 3D version (*hint hint*) i would probably live off of it.  People complain about the graphics but how much fun it was overshadowed that.  The combat could have been much better but that was nothing to complain about either.  i loved this game becuase it was and still is the only game i have ever played which levels where not the largest factor.  in other games people will grind for hours just to reach a certain level.  In runescape i really didnt care what my level was because i could go most places and do most things at any level.  but still point and click has to go they should make it WASD contols or something.

I have 2 agree with the point and click thing, but the "fun overshadowing the graphics" thing just doesn't sound right.

When I played RS, i didnt really mind the graphics much, but what I really hated was the constant grinding, and that combined with the point and click interface just eventually made me quit. I remember when my friend showed it to me, I thought "why not just use the arrow keys or something instead of clicking?" Then I tried, played for about 2 1/2 years (membership included in part of that), then quit. Why it took me so long to realize that it sucked big flappy donkey dick, i have no clue watsoever.

And the level grinding thing. True, in most MMOs your level is an important factor. And you can go do stuff at any level, but then the god awful community keeps insulting you. Like when I was playing c wars one day, this one bastard walked up 2 me and said "u n00b u dont even deserve 2 play on a mem wrld". And he was only about five levels ahead of me.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

ya it deff has a bad community, i just like the way the game is set up (except for the point and click) better than most other games where combat level determines everytihng
  • cameronx5cameronx5 Member Posts: 7

combat lvl is a big deal to alot of people but it gets boring after a whlie i like the fact that u can just go out and do what ever u want i would just like to point out that Jagex is trying to fix community just they made some bad mistakes at the beginning and the WASD thing is only good for some games and im not sure runescape is one of those games

• tomwtom4tomwtom4 Member Posts: 16

WASD wouldn't really have any effect on how people play really, if anything it would be more fun to play that way. I think the community is bad because of the 'I love combat, combat is the only thing to do' sort of people, which is a shame because there ARE things other than combat! But that's where the repetative clicking bores people. Skills need to be more exciting somehow... Also there is alot of rich and poor division, which is basically people who know, and people who don't know how to make money.

Another thing is the censoring/speech filter thingy. You can't even say 'dm' anymore! And you can't put "'s" on anything! Jagex have took censoring too far.

P.S. These emoticons are so cool!

Tom