Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizons Account Deletion Process

How long is it before horizons delete your account after faliure to pay your account as I have done that (DAMN SWGimage) thanks in advance

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

Chief Of Communications, Ahazi Server

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

Comments

• Silent85Silent85 Member Posts: 77

can anyone help me out here?

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

Oskeosuw Ionsuw

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    no idea, but most mmorpgs it takes a while. I've quit one for almost a year and then have come back and my character's still there...

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• SutexSutex Member UncommonPosts: 150

its my understanding that EQ has never did a char deleation yet for any char. over lvl 1 even if the account has not been paid..

I quit DAoC for a year one time and went back and my chars. were still there.

But they normally say its 3months.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Yes, it is simply bad business to delete characters.  It really helps a game company to get old customers back if they know they can re-enter the game where they left off.  I know that when I started playing DAoC again I only did it because I could jump back into my high level character.  On their end it costs nothing to keep that little bit of data on your account. image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    Actually it does cost them money if they need to upgrade to add more database space...

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Yes, but the cost of that is so minimal it would be in the pennies (per account) - which is why I wrote it off as virtually costless ;)  The data required to store your account is probably well under 1MB...which is a TON of information.  A good DB server like the one I use for this site (SQL Server 2000) can store many terrabytes of data, for a very cheap price.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Originally posted by Admin
    Yes, but the cost of that is so minimal it would be in the pennies (per account) - which is why I wrote it off as virtually costless ;)  The data required to store your account is probably well under 1MB...which is a TON of information.  A good DB server like the one I use for this site (SQL Server 2000) can store many terrabytes of data, for a very cheap price.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

I wouldn't be so quick to call MS-SQL a good DB. ;)

-=-=-=-=-
    Chess the original hardcore PvP game!

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% Test learn what it means here.
    Yee: Ach: 85% GRE: 65% AFF: 15% Imm 15% Test Click here to learn about it.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• LypheusLypheus Member UncommonPosts: 82

Apart from labelling SQL Server as "good" I agree with this. To add to the point, for PC specific details (i.e. isolated information which does not affect the world around it), you can easily export these to a backup DBMS and re-import then at a later date.