Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play if it was free?

grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
I accidentally stumbled across an RF-Online private server about to go live :o ... in general do people hate the game or just hate having to pay to grind?

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Comments

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    i pretty much just think the game could use a lot more content and the ability to jump/go down cliffs

the game is way to grind centric and focused on only the chip war

• s0ulls0ull Member Posts: 186
    i tried a private server it was fun for a while playing 30xPt rate. But the community is far too lacking. The grind IMO isn't that bad at all as long as you dont get sucked into a PT grind hole.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by s0ull
    i tried a private server it was fun for a while playing 30xPt rate. But the community is far too lacking. The grind IMO isn't that bad at all as long as you dont get sucked into a PT grind hole.

Some people just dont seem to realise that you get MORE pt as your lvl 30 & 40 bonuses if you start off gimped.

i.e. if youre a merc you wil get 20-25 pt with gimped shield but only 5-8 pt if you have 70+ shield.

and with the doube pt applying to bonuses Ive gone from 40 shield pt to 90 ! Just by dinging 40.

LOL @ people spending hundreds of hours lvling pt pre 40.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• RjdgRjdg Member Posts: 37
    I don't get your point grimboj, doesn't the pt you get when gimped gets less and less the higher you come, and will eventually be the same as 'normal'?

• ManweZManweZ Member Posts: 65
    Are private servers illegal?
  • BrotheryangBrotheryang Member UncommonPosts: 174

Originally posted by ManweZ
    Are private servers illegal?

Yea unless Codemasters says its ok
  • mrbbmanmrbbman Member Posts: 282

Grim has a point but you have to remember that if you get so gimped that you cannot do enough damage to the creature to get PT for it. Then, you have a problem. As long as you can use the maximum weapon and armor for your level you can level without having to worry about PT. And it will level faster.

True Neutral Half-Elf Ranger Mage
    Follower Of Silvanus

Kings of Chaos! Free to play! Great PvP!

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Rjdg
    I don't get your point grimboj, doesn't the pt you get when gimped gets less and less the higher you come, and will eventually be the same as 'normal'?

The damage you do gets less and less as mob lvl increases if you dont level pt, but PT amount gained is rigid.

7 dots give 20pt.
    6 dots give 16pt. etc

As long as you can meet the damage threshold for 7 dot mobs (250 dmg I think) then you can get maximum pt. You also get a PT bonus of an undisclosed amount at level 40 and 30 to your vital pts (for your class). This is doubled atm but not double levels i.e. if you would usually get 20 you will get 25-30 atm. If getting this bonus GMs your pt it means that some has been wasted (i.e. 80+21 = 101).

If you are gimped you will only be able to do damage to say 1-dot mobs. True gimping means you cant hit 1 dot mobs for enough damage even with C-type weapon & overdrive. So to ungimp you simply work it up on 1 dots, then 2 dots etc up to 7 dots and it ungimps slowly.

Do not buy into the urban myth than unmaxed pts is gimped (pre 40) - especially when this is a level based game and a 35 with maxed pts gets pwned by a 40 with medium pts.

--

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190
    hmmm.. well.... i think the original is good enough 2 pay for.. but well.... id play the privat server... if the community was good.... i playd Lineage 2 on a privat server.. and well... id have 2 admit... that was the only privat server ive tried with a good community...