Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Morrowind

ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947
Well I got Morrowind for the PC but due to my rather BAD pc, this game plays a "bit slowly".... One thing I found funny is that, in order to make it faster, I could only diminuish resolution and bring down the see distance.... Usually, in other games, there is a number of video setting your can turn off in order to make the game run faster, but strangely it doesn't seem the case with Morrowind....

What I wanted to know, is if there is any way of making the game faster... by editing some files or so.... I also remember to read about some mod that would make the game run faster? Or was it for Oblivon? Or was it for none of these?  Anyway, if you know how to make the game go faster, please tell me, I'd be much appreciated

Thx

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Do you have an xbox?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    No, he said he has a crappy pc.  Any way, i dunno, it runs fine on my computer (except it is a little choppy in some parts), and my computer is a piece of crap.

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Originally posted by Xexima
    No, he said he has a crappy pc.  Any way, i dunno, it runs fine on my computer (except it is a little choppy in some parts), and my computer is a piece of crap.

P3 450mhz..... I think that says it all(the rest should be able to play it well enough)... does your beat that?

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Originally posted by Zepee
    P3 450mhz..... I think that says it all(the rest should be able to play it well enough)... does your beat that?

Man I dont even know how you're living on a Pentium 3... I feell for you...

Anyways.. The mod to make it easier on your comp is for Oblivion not Morrowind... But i could be wrong..

Look in google for a "downgrader"

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I know what he said. I have a crappy pc too. I was wondering if he had an Xbox.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
  • xxSymphonyxxxxSymphonyxx Member Posts: 194
    solution if:
    1. you have 500+ dollars.
    2. You hvae easy access to comp store.

Buy a new processor. i reccomend AMD athlon 3600+ or above. good for gaming comps.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by xxSymphonyxx
    solution if:

Buy a new processor. i reccomend AMD athlon 3600+ or above. good for gaming comps.

ok that istnthe greatest solution in the world.

then he would also need a new motherboard, and new ram because the old ram is prolly a different PC, and then a new mobo will probable run better with a new PCI express video card....

so at that point he is spending way more then 500 bucks

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

I got a celeron D 2.40ghz.  That isnt what makes it choppy for me, its the fact that I have intel extreme grafix 2, probably the worst video card known to man.
  • VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

I got a celeron D 2.40ghz.  That isnt what makes it choppy for me, its the fact that I have intel extreme grafix 2, probably the worst video card known to man.

VOODOOO........

worst ever actually

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

I forgot about that...

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    VoooDOOo was the Best card ever...
    It was the card that changed everyone's lives...
    You should thank voodoo

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• patri0tzpatri0tz Member UncommonPosts: 185
    *deleted*
  • ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Originally posted by Vergeltung

solution if:

then he would also need a new motherboard, and new ram because the old ram is prolly a different PC, and then a new mobo will probable run better with a new PCI express video card....

Actually, one moth or so I came to the conclusion that I would need to spend around 350€ to upgrade to a decent comuter... AMD 3500+, Nvidia 7600GS(I'm not sure about this one), a motherboard that could support it(4 usb, PCI-E, DDR), new RAM and a new power supply...

Anyway, I'll try to look at those mods to see if I find anything... thx to anyone who replied.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

solution if:

You could buy a brand new computer for 400 dollars that would be far and away better than what he has. It may not be good in most gamer's definitions, but a P3 450 mhz? that's like 8 years old.
  • SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

I built my whole PC for less than that a year ago.

It's 5am and I've been up all night, but I think this is a complete PC for $480.

-----------------------------
    3.2ghz Celeron D
    PCI Express Radeon X1300 512hyper 128onboard
    2GB of DDR2 533
    250GB HD
    Subtotal: $481.65

Not the Greatest parts in the world or the best computer.
    But it's under $500.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me

Originally posted by SnaKey

I built my whole PC for less than that a year ago.

It's 5am and I've been up all night, but I think this is a complete PC for $480.

3.2ghz Celeron D
    PCI Express Radeon X1300 512hyper 128onboard
    2GB of DDR2 533
    250GB HD
    Subtotal: $481.65

Not the Greatest parts in the world or the best computer.
    But it's under $500.

All that ram and a huge harddrive, and you go and ruin it with a celeron processor.

350$, and you don't have to put it together: http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=T3506

A lot of people flame emachines, but I've had 2 of their computers over the past 6 years and I've not once had a hardware problem. In the last two years, my brother's HP has gone through 2 bad hard drives.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Well I got Morrowind for the PC but due to my rather BAD pc, this game plays a "bit slowly".... One thing I found funny is that, in order to make it faster, I could only diminuish resolution and bring down the see distance.... Usually, in other games, there is a number of video setting your can turn off in order to make the game run faster, but strangely it doesn't seem the case with Morrowind....What I wanted to know, is if there is any way of making the game faster... by editing some files or so.... I also remember to read about some mod that would make the game run faster? Or was it for Oblivon? Or was it for none of these?  Anyway, if you know how to make the game go faster, please tell me, I'd be much appreciatedThx

most of Morrowinds performance problems are related to the cd-copy protection they implemented into it. If you can find a no-cd crack for your version of morrowind it will perk it up ALOT. Most all the no-cd cracks for it remove that extra TSR from gameplay which causes a rather nasty downgrade in performance that can get worse the longer you play.

I would look into that before doing anything else. You can find alot of documentation about it on the net.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Here is alittle chatter about what I am talking about:

http://www.driverheaven.net/archive/index.php/t-20.html

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

[quote]Originally posted by abbaba
    [b]All that ram and a huge harddrive, and you go and ruin it with a celeron processor.

350$, and you don't have to put it together: [url=http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=T3506]
    A lot of people flame emachines, but I've had 2 of their computers over the past 6 years and I've not once had a hardware problem. In the last two years, my brother's HP has gone through 2 bad hard drives.[/b][/quote]

That good price and yo go an ruin it by posting an Emachine.... shame on you. ::::01::

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me

[quote]Originally posted by abbaba
    [b]All that ram and a huge harddrive, and you go and ruin it with a celeron processor.
    350$, and you don't have to put it together: [url=http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=T3506]
    A lot of people flame emachines, but I've had 2 of their computers over the past 6 years and I've not once had a hardware problem. In the last two years, my brother's HP has gone through 2 bad hard drives.[/b][/quote]
    That good price and yo go an ruin it by posting an Emachine.... shame on you. ::::01::

Well....since the only part of the computer emachine actually makes is the case, i don't really think it matters.

And the mouse and keyboard. My mouse broke when I slammed it onto my desk in frustration, and my emachines keyboard broke when I spilled water on it. You're right...I feel cheated.

Originally posted by abbaba

Well....since the only part of the computer emachine actually makes is the case, i don't really think it matters.
    And the mouse and keyboard. My mouse broke when I slammed it onto my desk in frustration, and my emachines keyboard broke when I spilled water on it. You're right...I feel cheated.

Have you ever looked inside you computer? lol

E-Machines used to be totally non-upgradable because of their fully integrated motherboard. But, not only that their parts are far beyond sub-par quality.

If you have an E-Machine last you more than 2yrs then you're lucky. (if you're looking at E-Machines... chances are you can't afford to upgrade that often::::02:: )

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me

Originally posted by abbabaWell....since the only part of the computer emachine actually makes is the case, i don't really think it matters.
    And the mouse and keyboard. My mouse broke when I slammed it onto my desk in frustration, and my emachines keyboard broke when I spilled water on it. You're right...I feel cheated.Have you ever looked inside you computer? lolE-Machines used to be totally non-upgradable because of their fully integrated motherboard. But, not only that their parts are far beyond sub-par quality. If you have an E-Machine last you more than 2yrs then you're lucky. (if you're looking at E-Machines... chances are you can't afford to upgrade that often::::02:: )

Fully integrated motherboard? What in the heck are you talking about? This isn't the 486 packard bell era. Emachines uses standard parts like everyone else, it's just like buying an HP or Dell just with sub-standard parts.

Many computers use integrated network, video, and audio now because it's cheap for people that just want an internet computer. You can even buy your own motherboard from many manufacturers like asus that have all 3 built in.

- Scaris

Originally posted by Fadeus

Originally posted by abbaba

Have you ever looked inside you computer? lol
    E-Machines used to be totally non-upgradable because of their fully integrated motherboard. But, not only that their parts are far beyond sub-par quality.
    If you have an E-Machine last you more than 2yrs then you're lucky. (if you're looking at E-Machines... chances are you can't afford to upgrade that often::::02:: )

Fully integrated motherboard? What in the heck are you talking about? This isn't the 486 packard bell era. Emachines uses standard parts like everyone else, it's just like buying an HP or Dell just with sub-standard parts.

Many computers use integrated network, video, and audio now because it's cheap for people that just want an internet computer. You can even buy your own motherboard from many manufacturers like asus that have all 3 built in.

In the past the low quality thing may have been true, but not really anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMachines

Their computers are so cheap because they're a Korea based company, apparently owned by Gateway.

Not that I am doubting you however do keep in mind Wikipedia has as much credibility as the NY Times.

- Scaris