Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if men had no say in anything?

2»

Comments

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by Fadeus

Any purple hair don't hurt either...

Purple, pink, bright red, dark black... it all goes .

I'll get your hair green in due time Fad... in due time .

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by shae

Originally posted by Fadeus Any purple hair don't hurt either...Purple, pink, bright red, dark black... it all goes image.
    I'll get your hair green in due time Fad... in due time image.

ack! Not green. ::::07::

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Originally posted by Jackcolt
    How of the history making scientists were women? Not alot. We might have better social world with less war and killing over nothing, but we would be living in far less advanced world than ours.

I'm not so sure about that Jackcolt... Just because a man invented something doesn't mean a woman Wouldn't have been able to invent something....

Realistically... If women were in power i doubt we would see any difference in the world how it is today... It would probably cleaner, television would be different... and I think countries would be smaller... But i think besides that... it would be exactly the same... You give women too much and too little credit in the same breath.

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Originally posted by Xalban I remember doing a short (12 weeks) business course once where the class was all female except for me and one other guy. Sure you attract a lot of attention but it's definately not as great as it may at first seem to be. Quite uncomfortable actually ::::02::
    "Brown-nosing" and begging for pictures is not just limited to guys I might add. Though girls definately get it bad on the internet.

Oh man I feel you on that one. I was in a social problems class and it was maybe 180 girls and 10 boys in the class... One day the topic was gender roles and society and I knew it was going to be a bad day... for an hour the girls just pounded on about how bad men treat them this and that and how we are always looking down on them and keeping them out of the workplace and blah blah blah....

I was waiting for the right time to speak up and I heard it when one girl started talking about how women are depicted in television... She started talking about how women are either displayed as tools for the men or immensly beautiful business women who are in a leadership position above men and its so unrealistic and this and that..... So i stood up... I was like I dont understand why women complain about everything there is to complain about (the teacher was female and i could see her ears perk up like a lioness ready to eat me)..

I said.. These girls today complain about how they are portrayed in television... But how would they like to be portrayed as men? "Men are portrayed time and time and time again as bumbling idiots who dont know their left from right... They look to their wives to solve everything and they are never helpful in anything they do all they do is sit at home watch tv and drink beer... have a pot belly and is bound by is inability to make common sense descisions.... while the wife is always portrayed as the intelligent one who is looking after her husband like he is her child... " I went on to give example upon example in comercials, t.v., movies... Then a girl stood up and said well thats how it really is! I was going to respond but then another guy stood up and started responding... Then even the teacher got in and backed me up.... Anyways What i was getting at is that Women in power are no different from men in power... When majority comes into play they start making the same descisions... People are peolpe first then men and women....

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by Jackcolt
    How of the history making scientists were women? Not alot. We might have better social world with less war and killing over nothing, but we would be living in far less advanced world than ours.

That statement is based on current history. Man being in charge. That is why we don't have that many discoveries by females. But there have been quite alot of discoveries by women, wich shows that if history had been controlled by females instead of males we would probably be in the exact same place technology wise. It would maybe be alittle different, more focus on other areas etc, but it would be just as advanced.

It's very hard to make proper statements about all this. Because all the "proof" we base these of are taken from a world dominated by males for centuries.
  • IthurielIthuriel Member CommonPosts: 179
    I work for an insurance company that is 70% women.  I know exactly what it's like when men have no say.  I've been told that I'm good at my job, but I think they just keep me around for when their desk drawers get stuck or they see a cockroach.
  • AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048
    If men had no say in anything they'd resort to violence and kill all the women that had shackled them in a matriarch society. Afterwards because there would be no women left to procreate, within 100 years the human race would be extinct.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."