Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now im mad

they say every1 will get in huh?? (well every1 who doesnt have a yahoo/hotmaill email) well im [email protected] and i signed up..it says ill get an email in a few min but NO EMAIL YET...blizzard does hate ppl

Comments

• Ultima_FanUltima_Fan Member Posts: 12
    I signed up 8 hours ago and I never got an email. I don't remember it saying you would get one unless you were chosen.

• SereaphSereaph Member Posts: 9
    it said the sign ups arnt a first come first serve thing tho

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Sereaph
    they say every1 will get in huh?? (well every1 who doesnt have a yahoo/hotmaill email) well im [email protected] and i signed up..it says ill get an email in a few min but NO EMAIL YET...blizzard does hate ppl

if you read the reasons why the free email services are being denied you'd understand.  Anyone can get a free email and they won't have any idea who that person is.  As far as the email...you will not get one unless you are chose.  Before you start griping about something you might want to fully read the terms.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    Is this true? Will everyone who signs up for the beta be eligible for it?  Can someone please acknowledge this? I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT....

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    Yes it says right on the website that applicants are chosen on merit, not first come first serve. Which means they need to sift thru them all to pick the winners. Which means. . .calm down. . .

A fronte precipitium a tergo lupi

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• SereaphSereaph Member Posts: 9

btw i used my other mail [email protected] lol

• HellscreamHellscream Member UncommonPosts: 98

I used my mmorpg.com account.. Will that work?

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

Originally posted by Hellscream

I used my mmorpg.com account.. Will that work?

Yes.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

Actually it states that everybody signing up in the signup timeframe have an equal chance of being picked. A limited number will be selected. No guarentee. Good luck!

----------------------
    Jake

KO - Harrold the Rogue

I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring
    - Richard P. Feynman, 1988

• BKOOLBKOOL Member Posts: 67
    This stinks.  I was waiting to get accepted to get a new graphics card for my new computer, and now i can't figure out if getting a card is worthless.  Stupid rules.  Well hopefully the people that do get in will keep us updated on how the game is going.  I am so mad.image

• DraciusDracius Member Posts: 379

Yer crazy, no really you are.

You're actualy mad because you're not gauranteed a spot in a closed beta? Well they should just let everyone play it, call the game free, and just release it and never make any money off it at all. =/

It's a beta TEST not a sneak peak. Sure I'd love to get in, mainly so I could help contribute to make this one of the best mmorpg's ever. Far from mad though. No one will be e-mailed unless they've been chosen, and no one will be chosen until Febuary 4th. So if by Febuary 10th you havn't gotten an e-mail, it's safe to say you didn't get selected. But DON'T GIVE UP HOPE, because beta works in phases. They'll let a couple hundred-thousand in now, and when they have the servers tuned etc they'll let more ppl in. Eventualy just before release they'll do an OPEN beta meaning ANYONE can get in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dracius-Saberi-Static
    "With every post, I lose just a little bit more of my sanity." -Dracius

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by Gervin
    Is this true? Will everyone who signs up for the beta be eligible for it?  Can someone please acknowledge this? I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT....

As long as you meet the requirements, then yes.

And about the email. The only email you will get is to let you know if your chosen for beta. They specifically say that you will not get any other email to confirm your application.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

Omol da'Ox

• redskull13redskull13 Member UncommonPosts: 13

I am sure thousands have applied for this beta already.

Winning will just be the luck of the draw. Like winning the Lotto.

Good luck all! image

Taste the steel of a Jackyll.

Taste the steel of a Jackyll.

• LazybonesLazybones Member Posts: 18

Man I hate it when people don't read what they are signing up for.

1. The beta is not first come first serve. They will randomly pick people from the submissions which they are taking until Feb 6th. DON'T EXPECT an email until after FEB 6th.

2. Blizzard will also filter the selections based on your location and system hardware. Thats why you had to submit it.. Blizzard doesn't want only people with top end hardware testing, they will try and select people from a range of locations and hardware specs, with both 56k modem and High speed users.

3. You only get an e-mail if you where selected.

I was in the Diablo II beta and it worked the same way.

Next time READ THE PAGE.

• DreoxDreox Member Posts: 7
    On the opening day of signups it said nobody with hotmail or yahoo etc... can apply. However I checked back on the lastday and noticed that it deleted any mention of excluding those applicants with free email addresses, but it also didn't explain what the reason for removing the text.

Some people open their mouth, and are heard...

Some people open their mouth, and then get on their knees...

I Can't Hear YOU !

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317
    They have not sent out emails as of yet. Give them another week or two... maybe even longer, look how long Lineage 2's wait is...

• GetafixGetafix Member Posts: 19
    I know i want to upgrade my system (new graphics and extra RAM) but not until the game actually comes out. I was wondering if I should have upgraded before applying but for now I only hope my minimum system requirements are good enough to get me lumped into the low end group and maybe i'll get a lucky draw out of those. Supposedly your area counts as well, any other East Coast Canadians apply out there???? Maybe i'll be lucky and there won't be toooo many. Good luck all - it'll be exciting when notices start getting sent out image

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by Dreox
    On the opening day of signups it said nobody with hotmail or yahoo etc... can apply. However I checked back on the lastday and noticed that it deleted any mention of excluding those applicants with free email addresses, but it also didn't explain what the reason for removing the text.

That is because they decided to allow Hotmail and Yahoo user's to sign up with that type of email address. It was all explained on their message boards.

Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

Omol da'Ox

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I used @msn.com

Nothings wrong with that.....right?

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • It's simple i call it  

Read The Instructions By mmorpg

(I dont mean to be smart)

P.S how do i put picture on signiture

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    MAN you are so dumb who ever posted this. IT SAYS WHO EVER DOESNT HAVE AN YAHOO/HOTMAIL CANT JOIN BETA NOT OTHER WAY AROUND. MAN!!! NEWBS

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

I want to cast magic missle.
    http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/8bitdnd.html

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

You couldn't use free email addy's However as there were a lot of people who did sign up with emails such as hotmail.com they deleted all applications with these emails so that people could sign up again and have a fair chance.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by ParaTrooper

You couldn't use free email addy's However as there were a lot of people who did sign up with emails such as hotmail.com they deleted all applications with these emails so that people could sign up again and have a fair chance.

Which in itself I find humorous.  If they couldn't follow directions (it wasn't in fine print...the "do not use hotmail or yahoo accounts" were rather large and in bold letters) then how in God's green earth will they fulfill the role of a beta tester hunting for bugs and exploits???

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.