Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OHH CRAP a JetPack for 200grand

methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
CLICKME!!!

And it's REall too... Although it looks like if you stretch your arms out you can get free BBQ Fried Chicken wings.. half-off get it?

What's your Wu Name?
Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
"Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
<i>ME<i>

Comments

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918
    That's FRIGGEN AWESOME!!! Being able to FLY would be so much fun. Ahhh, wow the stunts you could pull of with a jetpack (and I'm not just talking about backflips and stuff)

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484
    that's some old technology already, but that's pretty cool if they'll become commercially available.

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by methane47
    CLICKME!!!

And it's REall too... Although it looks like if you stretch your arms out you can get free BBQ Fried Chicken wings.. half-off get it?

Hrm...between the commercial Jetpacks and the Robot Walker traffic should be getting easier in the foreseeable furture. Okay...so now we just need gauss rifles. Anyone got any gauss rifles yet? Verg, if you are out there I KNOW you have one in your basement.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

Originally posted by britoca
    that's some old technology already, but that's pretty cool if they'll become commercially available.

Maybe they'd make for some good LARP-ing tools ^_^

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by Boozbaz

Maybe they'd make for some good LARP-ing tools ^_^

Oh man! That'd make my day. Seeing so guy hovering above me on one of those with a foam sword screaming "Fireball! Fireball!"

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

That is not worth 200grand. Trust me guys. I made a lot of things from mega man games and it's pretty damn simple. I made a hovercraft using 4 vacume cleaners, a car battery and plastic. It's easy stuff.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    I'm pretty sure that'll just kill you from indirrect heat. >.> It could just be me though that thinks this.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    Looks like it would heat the air around the person but I dont know about killing heat...
    Just from looking at the apparatus I can tell a couple things... Firstly The thrusters are juxtapostioned (I always wanted to say that) away from center mass ... Secondly The system is a whopping 8 thrusters... That being said... With 8 thrusters instead of two You would have 8 very small outputs of heat Flowing away from the body... as opposed to the Two very large heat outputs travelling along the body...  And just changing the power of the individual thrusters could changed direction, position and speed...

In otherwords.. Instead of having One Huge bonfire to light the room... You have a bunch of smaller torches... which will inturn be more controllable and not need to expend as much heat... ... Atleast thats how i figure it.

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Yeah, didn't they have a real one in an old James Bond movie? (Can't remember which one)

I know it was real because there was a show on the history channel about how it got sold and how the guy used it (for the 2 minutes or so before it runs out of fuel).

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

i want to meet the man who gets the first.

"Drunk while flying a Personal Flight Device"

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

Originally posted by mithrandir72

Yeah, didn't they have a real one in an old James Bond movie? (Can't remember which one)

I know it was real because there was a show on the history channel about how it got sold and how the guy used it (for the 2 minutes or so before it runs out of fuel).

yup, 007.  And also used during the opening cerimony of the 1984 olympic games in LA.

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?