Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read me...

Comments

• VixenHeartVixenHeart Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by methane47
    I feel you.. Some women just take it to bigg extremes... I used to work with a lady and her car went down for a couple weeks so she walked to work. One day she came in all pissed off and started on and on about how guys are soo inconsiderate because they "Beep" their horns at her while she's walking... And that is so offensive to her and blah blah blah...

So I asked her Why exactly is it so offensive? Is it offensive that a person in this world beeps their horn to greet you? Is it offensive that Someone in the world thinks your are a beautiful young woman and is acknologing that fact with a simple beep of the horn? Is it soo offensive that someone thinks that you are beautiful?... She was like that's not the point its just not very polite... Anyways She got backup from a guy who worked with us so i backed out peacefully... THE VERY NEXT DAY she comes into work complaining about how some idiot beeped her while she was walking to work... 10 minutes later the guy comes in and is like "Hey I saw you today And i beeped but i guess you didn't see me" ... I then turned to her and was like... How does it feel to feel like an idiot... Needless to say she was besides herself....

Tonnes of girls take things to the extreme.. Now by contrast There are alot of guys out there who DO mean the bad things they say.... Or do not have the best intensions.. But for the most part.. we are people first... men second... So treat us with some respect...

Well then.  Most women don't look when people beep because that guy doesn't want to say hi, he's thinking something else.  So most women have actually learned to ignore annoying people who beep in their cars.

So when he walked in and said "I beeped but I guess you didn't see me...", she probably didn't feel like an idiot at all.

Why should women give their attention to everyone who beeps at them?  I know that my post will probably be picked apart by someone to try and disaprove my statement.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by qotsa
    This has always bugged me to. Women like this are not very respectable in my book. Yes I have worked in places like this. I've been turned in for crap. Although it wasn't for sexual harassment. I was turned into HR once for harassment. The charge? I was wearing a long sleeve black shirt, with a tiny anti-shock logo on the front. Now the ironic part of it. I was working in a computer factory at the time. That woman that turned me in worked in inventory. That logo was on every piece of inventory she touched. She just didn't like me. This woman turned me in almost daily. She told them once that I chased her around the plant reading out of a Satanic Bible. She made stuff up to get me in trouble.

A woman can make up any damn thing they want to get someone they don't like fired. Now I don't think all males are angels. But not every look that comes a womans way is an advance either. All women have done with this harassment stuff is take a valid problem and turn it into a joke.

By the way vixenheart, this wasn't directed at you. I don't think I've read any posts by you. If you're getting harassed, I feel sorry for you. I do know how some males get when they are hiding behind a computer screen. I see stuff that offends me at times.

I feel you.. Some women just take it to bigg extremes... I used to work with a lady and her car went down for a couple weeks so she walked to work. One day she came in all pissed off and started on and on about how guys are soo inconsiderate because they "Beep" their horns at her while she's walking... And that is so offensive to her and blah blah blah...

So I asked her Why exactly is it so offensive? Is it offensive that a person in this world beeps their horn to greet you? Is it offensive that Someone in the world thinks your are a beautiful young woman and is acknologing that fact with a simple beep of the horn? Is it soo offensive that someone thinks that you are beautiful?... She was like that's not the point its just not very polite... Anyways She got backup from a guy who worked with us so i backed out peacefully... THE VERY NEXT DAY she comes into work complaining about how some idiot beeped her while she was walking to work... 10 minutes later the guy comes in and is like "Hey I saw you today And i beeped but i guess you didn't see me" ... I then turned to her and was like... How does it feel to feel like an idiot... Needless to say she was besides herself....

Tonnes of girls take things to the extreme.. Now by contrast There are alot of guys out there who DO mean the bad things they say.... Or do not have the best intensions.. But for the most part.. we are people first... men second... So treat us with some respect...

QFE
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by VixenHeart

Well then.  Most women don't look when people beep because that guy doesn't want to say hi, he's thinking something else.  So most women have actually learned to ignore annoying people who beep in their cars.

So when he walked in and said "I beeped but I guess you didn't see me...", she probably didn't feel like an idiot at all.

Why should women give their attention to everyone who beeps at them?  I know that my post will probably be picked apart by someone to try and disaprove my statement.

EDIT

EDIT

Yeah...most women do learn how to ignore jerks (aka annoying people), but to assome that he might have been one, I know where she is comming from.

Why should we give some people their attention about everything that they have to deal with when it can be easicly ignored?

We don't dissaprove but we just think that this is nothing to complain about. It's the simple things in life and on the internet that you can just ignore.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

And?  I wasn't going to post in this thread, but when I read that crap about "How's it feel to feel like an idiot." That was just wrong of what you said to her.

She ignored him for a reason.  And for you to say that, it's wrong and pissed me off.

I guess this will be picked apart too and how I'm evil, mean, on PMS, on the rag, or whatever else a guy will say when a women is being aggressive and trying to prove a point.

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794

Originally posted by qotsa
    This has always bugged me to. Women like this are not very respectable in my book. Yes I have worked in places like this. I've been turned in for crap. Although it wasn't for sexual harassment. I was turned into HR once for harassment. The charge? I was wearing a long sleeve black shirt, with a tiny anti-shock logo on the front. Now the ironic part of it. I was working in a computer factory at the time. That woman that turned me in worked in inventory. That logo was on every piece of inventory she touched. She just didn't like me. This woman turned me in almost daily. She told them once that I chased her around the plant reading out of a Satanic Bible. She made stuff up to get me in trouble.

A woman can make up any damn thing they want to get someone they don't like fired. Now I don't think all males are angels. But not every look that comes a womans way is an advance either. All women have done with this harassment stuff is take a valid problem and turn it into a joke.

By the way vixenheart, this wasn't directed at you. I don't think I've read any posts by you. If you're getting harassed, I feel sorry for you. I do know how some males get when they are hiding behind a computer screen. I see stuff that offends me at times.

I think we all know someone like that. Who just makes up stuff just to get their way and nothing else can do. Weather it be color, gender, or even religon. Those people are really scum of the earth in my books. Anyone that uses scare tatics and decite like that is no person. I'm so glad my bestfriend dumped that type of girl. (In this case it was the GF doing these things)

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

I only wished girls took those types of things with a grain of salt.... But i've just met soo many girls who get angry when they get beeped.... And then I've met soo many girls who wished they'd been beeped....

And i understand that alot of girls think that the guy is "thinking of something else" But realistically... What is a guy gonna do... Beep at a girl... Fly over the median.. Cross over three lanes of traffic in 8 oclock rush hour traffic.. Just to tell a girl Hi? come on..... let's be real

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

I guess this will be picked apart too and how I'm evil, mean, on PMS, on the rag, or whatever else a guy will say when a women is being aggressive and trying to prove a point.

Don't take situations that way as that is just the iggnorant way to look at it. We know your point, but it is somthing EVERY female on the internet and life goes though and many do a good job of ignoring it or reporting it. Sexual harassment you say? You know what to do if a guy sexually harrasses you. MY POINT of this is that you know what to do.... You know when to say NO, and you know how to REPORT someone. Basicly, you don't need to argue at us how you feel about what happens and take it out on us, becuase it's not just you that this happens to.

This is just one big flame thread towards us or guys in general.

|

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

And?  I wasn't going to post in this thread, but when I read that crap about "How's it feel to feel like an idiot." That was just wrong of what you said to her.
    She ignored him for a reason.  And for you to say that, it's wrong and pissed me off.

What, so only men can be idiots?  That is stupid.

All I can say for you, is get over it.   People say mean things all the  time.  IT IS THE INTERNET!  If you have a problem with someone, tell it to THEM. 

You are not proving any points, you are just rambling on about how guys are assholes, get over yourself.
  • ArtifacTArtifacT Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by Theodoryk

Well done, now I have to get off my ass and go buy myself a box of Fruitloops because you've somehow triggered an insane craving for fruity-sugary goodness with your technicolor post. Mmmm, fruity loops....

edit: News Flash! Britoca posts his 1111th post! Woot woot!

lmao i was thinking more about lucky charms!!!!!
  • methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

We don't dissaprove but we just think that this is nothing to complain about. It's the simple things in life and on the internet that you can just ignore.

Exactly...... That is my point... that's why i told her what i did... Cuz she caused such a big scene... and most of the time.. its a misunderstanding...

There is always a misunderstanding between men and women.... I remember one time me and my girlfriend were trippin on each other.. (fasciciously) and she started saying things about how i stink  and i'm smelly and stuff... And I should take a shower... So then I responded with "While I 'should' take a shower.... you 'need' a shower"... And she paused... and then got pissed... started shoutin at me about how i'm not considerate to her feelings... And i was like WTF... How are we trippin on each other... and then when i say something she blows up... Something... that wasn't even remotely offensive....

PS: Vixen... i actually like your opinions even though they can be a little brash sometimes..... I know guys and girls may not understand each other so if I insulted you or made you feel unconfortable in any way.. I apologize.. Because it was Definitely not my intension... I just thought i'd treat you like i treat everyone else here on MMorpg.com......

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• XyangXyang Member Posts: 216

I've been getting a lot of slack latly about being too quick to report people for "being funny".
    I also understand that there's not that many females that post here, and I'm starting to see why.  Almost daily people tend to e-mail me asking for photos, to join their teamspeak, IRC or whatever.  It's getting annoying because I know if I was a male, people wouldn't even bother with the time or day to write an e-mail.
    So enough is enough already.  I'm not a bitch, I'm just doing what I'm suppose to... not let asshats walk all over me.
    So let it be heard now and here.  Stop being jerks.

I only quoted part of your message here, because i think i can put some enlightment on that.

First: If you hang out on forum, games or environment where 90%+ of the people are mens, the law of average will hit you and it is to be expected. I'm pretty sure if i would hang out in places where women have the same percentage, i could consider myself a "victim" as well with their little comments. A lot of people start saying stuff they wouldn't normally say when they know they are the voice of the majority speaking. Doesn't make it intelligent or right, but i just want to point out that it goes like that in "both ways". So i could complain all i want about sexist comments in an environment surrounded by girls and i'm pretty sure the answer to it would be far less civilized then what you see here.

My best example is the following: Right now, if i would dare to slap the butt of my secretary at work, i would probably get sued for sexual harrassment. Right? Yet, i have been in situation where a women does the "same thing" to me, and when i brought this to the human ressources, they litteraly laughed at me and even asked me if i was "gay".

So yeah, stop acting like a little victim here. From what i have seen so far, women are no better then mens when they have the numerical advantage or in a power position over you. You're not going to bend the rules to yourself or change human nature on this forum either. You like games, and for a reason that is beyond me, more men likes games then women. If i would engage myself in activities where women are the dominant forces, i would have to adapt myself to them. Just do the same. It's your choice to be here, nobody forces you to.

Once again, the chances that i receive any form of harrasment here is low, because most of the population are mens. I "choose" to be here. If you have any grief with an individual, just deal with him in private or report him. There's no need to wash your dirty laundry in public: We don't care.

The idea might never had cross your mind, but mens like to have their own activities where we can keep womens out. That's why tavern and other places like that are still popular: Because you don't always feel like being surrounded with PMS syndrom. Yet, it seems sooo legitimate for womens to have their own private club, but they cry every single time we try to do the same. I see "womens only" gym everywhere here in montreal... Good for them and i don't call the media to start a sex war everytime. Yet, i dare anybody who wants to open a gym with a "men only" tag here. He will have the whole fucking bunch of frustrated feminist and human right organisation on his ass and would be force to either let everybody in or close its doors. See a trend here?

The gaming world is obviously a mens world so far, and we like it this way. If you want to become a football player tommorow and play in the NFL, be my guest. But don't start complaining everytime someone tells you that you have a nice ass or worst, don't start to beg for mercy when you get hit like others do. Cop with it or get lost. Trying to fight human nature to the extreme can only leads to conflictual situation. Recognize and acknowledge that mens and womens are different, and stop constantly make it sound like "your way to behave is good, while the way mens behave is wrong." That's called maturity.

So no, you won't come here and tell me that i must make room for you. If you want to play with me, you'll have to adapt because here, "I" set the pace. I don't have to ask for your permission to behave in the way i want to behave. There's enough place in the world as it is where i'm forced in the "womens way" without you coming here and polluting our purity of evil with your estrogen.

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

I've seen your pics: You're a very attractive woman; sort of like Kirsten Dunst only skinnier.

Well, I don't know what you expect from people: You obviously want them to consider your appearance, since you posted those pics of yourself on this forum.  

This isn't a beauty contest: This a place to debate and learn thereby; sometimes a poorly formed argument that attacks somebody's personal characteristics  (an ad-hominem argument) will show up and you will be expected to deal with it. How do you deal with it? Point out that it is an ad-hominem argument, or prove them wrong with logic.

Another point I would like to make is that "offensive" statements are not necessarily inappropriate: In some countries it is offensive and even punishable to disagree with scripture (sort of how it was like in the medieval ages); if you were to prohibit everything offensive from being said, there would be nothing left to say.

Where would we be right now if the Catholic church had succeeded in preventing "offensive" ideas from forming empiricism and rationalism?

My point is that "offensive" statements are not necessarily bad: Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to question preconceptions and beliefs to justify and/or form new ones.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

I've been getting a lot of slack latly about being too quick to report people for "being funny".
    Just because someone thinks it's funny to themselves (and checks forum rules to see if you can be banned for being "funny"), doesn't make it funny to me or to anyone else who actually get offended by it.
    I know it's because I'm a female, there's no ifs, ands or butts about it.  People give me extra crap just to try and get a rise out of me.  And yes, if I find it offensive, I will do something about it.
    I also understand that there's not that many females that post here, and I'm starting to see why.  Almost daily people tend to e-mail me asking for photos, to join their teamspeak, IRC or whatever.  It's getting annoying because I know if I was a male, people wouldn't even bother with the time or day to write an e-mail.
    So enough is enough already.  I'm not a bitch, I'm just doing what I'm suppose to... not let asshats walk all over me.
    So let it be heard now and here.  Stop being jerks.
    *EDIT*
    If anyone knows anything about sexual harassment in the work place... you can get fired for a LOOK.  Yes boys.  If you look at a girl or someone a wrong way and they feel like it's wrong, you can get canned.
    Goes here too.  Might not be looks, but it's how the end user makes it out.
    Here's a good definition of the word harassment:

Words, conduct or action, usually repeated or persistent that, being directed at a specific person, annoys, alarms, or causes substantial emotional distress in that person and serves no purpose.

Any form of unwanted, deliberate or offensive behaviour, violent or psychological, that has been requested to be stopped.

this  is a very complicated issue. i dont know enough about your personal case of harrassment to talk about it.

but there are some women are a perpetraters just as much as victims.

i used to work with a chick who would deliberately wear very  "sensual" clothing, this by itself warants nothing.

but she would egg men on get them to do special favors for her using charm and tantalizing them.

and one of these guys after taking and giving up like 40 shifts at work decided to ask her out, she said no. but she continued to play with him and every once in a while he would ask her questions like  "who are you seeing", " do you want to hang out" never crossing a line but hinting at the fact he wanted a relationship.

she reported him for sexual harrassment, when he never crossed a line and she used him and tantalized him.

he got fired.

one of my problems is to a certain extent women just have to say they are being harassed and, to a point no matter what they do is wrong as long as they complain and feel violated.

this is an issue that needs improvement, to be fair to both men and women.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Vixen, I'm going to repeat myself here a little because I hadn't realized you'd created an entire thread dedicated completely to yourself... which is interesting in it's own right but anyways, moving on.

I think there's a couple of things you really need to look at here. First, you have this tendency to throw your gender around every 2 to 3 posts. Now I'm as feministic a community member here as it comes, ask anyone, and I've certainly gone over way over the line a few instances but there comes a time when it's not so much a point your making anymore as it plain out advertising.

As I said in my other post, your not a lesser individual as a female, your also not any better then a male. As you said, there's not many of us here posting (females that is) so naturally your under scrutiny. Plenty of times I've done no more then give my oppinion as a female and have been flamed for it, it comes with the territory.

I'll say it again, I don't think there's any doubt that your a smart girl, your bright, witty, well spoken, you don't take any crap from anyone and you always try to make your point the best you can.I respect all those things about you, I say go for it girl, show what your made of. Your fun to read and I agree with lots of you have to say but you need to learn that not every single point, has to relate back to your sex.

Stop making a point of it and other will too, if your oppinion has enough strength to hold up on it's own, it will. Otherwise, I think your just doing yourself more harm then good.

Second and I mean this in the least offensive way possible, you have that classic internet girl need for attention. It's a fine thing to a degree but everything always needs to be about someone called "you" a bitch, how many boys are messaging "you" for pictures, how "you" are just doing the right the thing. If your wondering why people on singling you out, it's because your doing it to yourself.

I'm not telling you to stop being who you are, not at all, it's good to have individuals in a community and it's great to have a strong female presense but take it this way.

Someone makes a post about why womens lib was a bad thing. Sure, as a female, your first reaction is to flip and call everyone a sexist pig and show them what your made of. You say "As a female this...", "As a female that..." and before you know it, your proving their point and again, you've done nothing but throw in peoples face again. OR, counter it with positive, back up your point, be a strong female for god sakes, don't go for the attention graber, hit them where it hurts, with common sense.

Anyways, I hate to come off preachy, which I know it's what I'm doing and I am by far not perfect when it comes to any of this but really, I see you as a good community member, forget the fact that your a fellow gamer chic but beyond that, you have good things to say. Threads like this, are just taking away from all that.

Yeah be a strong female and a strong female don't need to make a big attention of themselves of what happens to you on a daily basis, becuase your not better than any other female nor less. You can deal with your problems easisly without posting about what annoys you as a female or stating your a female in every post. Just like Shae said, your setting yourself up for it.

|

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484
    alright everyone back off for a bit, let her breathe some fresh air.  Everyone gets frustrated and needs to vent sometimes.

Peace Vixen

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

Originally posted by britoca
    alright everyone back off for a bit, let her breathe some fresh air.  Everyone gets frustrated and needs to vent sometimes.

Peace Vixen

I don't think you know her like we do bro. We back off and let her contemplate on this helpful infomation we gave to her.

|

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143
    Oh noes I was censored by the PC police.
  • ZnithZnith Member Posts: 212
    Vixen, don't take this personally, but I'm female and don't really like your attitude on these boards either.   No one really likes someone being a tattletale, or an attention getter with posts like this, or someone trying to be a mod when they are not.  It gets old really fast.  Grow some thicker skin or don't read the posts that piss you off.

This board is filled with the younger generation, one of which I am not, I'm the mid 30's generation.  I don't always like what's posted here either but you gotta overlook it sometimes.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions here within the rules.  Sometimes rules are slightly bent, so what.  If it upsets you that much then I suggest you take your leave of this board and perhaps find a more suitable home.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
      My question is, what does Vixen want? There to many variables to what a human can what in connection to all there preconceptions to write her down as any one particular niche. I dont even know the circumstances of your afflictions. What I do know is people like me who dont know you judge you on how you say things now. I for my part am tolerant of the fact at this moment your circumstances have lead you to your reactions. I can only tolerate so much though. You've painted yourself as a overreactive and self important person. You've painted your valid objections in such a manner to defame good points. TO what end? If you want peace seek peace. If you seek war, you better damn well except it. If you dont give a rats @$$ what anyone thinks and say what you want, dont expect anyone to give a rats @$$ about you. Lol thats my one and ONLY rant. Good day

Originally posted by Znith
    Vixen, don't take this personally, but I'm female and don't really like your attitude on these boards either.   No one really likes someone being a tattletale, or an attention getter with posts like this, or someone trying to be a mod when they are not.  It gets old really fast.  Grow some thicker skin or don't read the posts that piss you off.

This board is filled with the younger generation, one of which I am not, I'm the mid 30's generation.  I don't always like what's posted here either but you gotta overlook it sometimes.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions here within the rules.  Sometimes rules are slightly bent, so what.  If it upsets you that much then I suggest you take your leave of this board and perhaps find a more suitable home.

It's nice that you don't like my attitude, I never asked anyone to like who I am.

That's all I'm going to add to this thread.  I am me, and that's how it is.  You are you.  He and he.  So on and so forth.  I'm just making a solid point to everyone that I won't be taken lightly.

I know people don't like that, but it's tough.  I'm like this in real life too.  And yes, I have friends.

• Link4009Link4009 Member Posts: 74

It's nice that you don't like my attitude, I never asked anyone to like who I am.

That's all I'm going to add to this thread.  I am me, and that's how it is.  You are you.  He and he.  So on and so forth.  I'm just making a solid point to everyone that I won't be taken lightly.

I know people don't like that, but it's tough.  I'm like this in real life too.  And yes, I have friends.

I agree with Znith, if you don't like it then leave, stop being a whiner you give a bad name to girl gamers.

Gawd.

• XyangXyang Member Posts: 216
    With such an attitude, the only friends you have are probably those who are licking your butt. You didn't make any strong point here and i have followed the whole thread. Try to answer mine with an inteligent counter opinion and i might change my stance. (Look on page 4 or 5)

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

Originally posted by Link4009

I agree with Znith, if you don't like it then leave, stop being a whiner you give a bad name to girl gamers.

Gawd.

Please don't make polls about me.  Untill I get banned for life or if a mod tells me I can't whine, then I have every right as the next person.  If people are allowed to make non-stop war threads and threads about SWG/EMU, then I think I too have the right to create a thread like this.

• modjoe86modjoe86 Member UncommonPosts: 4,050

Last I checked noone was telling you to stop being who you are. They were telling you to stop throwing the sex card every chance you get.
    Easy Nulled provide latest nulled scripts. we deal in wordpress themes plugins, nulled scripts.
    https://easynulled.com/

Free porn videos, xxx porn videos
    Onlyfans nudes
    Onlyfans leaked
This discussion has been closed.