Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a real Mech

britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

Comments

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918
    Before I even watch: This is the kind of stuff video-gamers were bred to do...control mechs. 

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by Boozbaz
    Before I even watch: This is the kind of stuff video-gamers were bred to do...control mechs. 

Who says you haven't been doing that for years already, Boozbaz? Who says?

*cough cough* Ender's Game *cough cough

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

looks CGI to me.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • VixenHeartVixenHeart Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by SnaKey

looks CGI to me.

....  You're joking right?
  • BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918

Originally posted by Malachi1975

Originally posted by Boozbaz

Who says you haven't been doing that for years already, Boozbaz? Who says?

*cough cough* Ender's Game *cough cough

Hey it could happen.

Wow that mech was pretty flimsy looking prototype, but it's a start! That was pretty surprizing how the controls worked the Gauss like that. Very cool indeed.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by SnaKey

looks CGI to me.

....Are you joking?  How does that look like CGI? I don't think you know what REAL is.

There has been many mechs made, but none really came mainstream unless you did a search on it. I only have a 14 inch mech...no AI though.

That thing is just a prototype or project. Rocket launcher to the leg and no more.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    ....Are you joking? How does that look like CGI?image I don't think you know what REAL is.
    There has been many mechs made, but none really came mainstream unless you did a search on it. I only have a 14 inch mech...no AI though.
    That thing is just a prototype or project. Rocket launcher to the leg and no more.

No, absolutely not. I'm into CGI and I understand what can be done in CGI. Look at it, what about it proves it not CGI? Is it the sounds? lol. The person sitting inside looks flakey (take a closer look his whole body shifts positions as if he's floating there) and there is alot of bugs with the inside cockpit view which makes it looks like a blue screen. It looks VERY CGI to me. I don't think you know how good CGI is.... expecially those Japs (FF movies) they can do insane things.

And yes. I know the Japanese Military (well if you can call it that) has had working Mechs since early 2000. But, I do not believe that this is one of them and is a complete hoax.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me

Well a video an mean a 1000 words. I would actually have to research this technology here. Although nothing that big would have the right amount to profrom a correct walk. Sounds is not what would make it real but the interations, demenstrations and camera views (basily looks though the plastic windows and gate on the mech). There is a lot that would state it to be real and sound is not it. I could also see the rotators in beween the legs, but I can't see what type they are.

I will have to do more research.

|

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

ROFL! Did you see it walk? I'd like to see it avoid missiles and such like those after-burner models that abound in anime.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616
    It is a real mech. I've seen this a while back on some tech websites. It was the first Bi-Pedal Mech or something like that. They even have an official site which was selling that machine for $350k. If I were using CGI to make my robot, it wouldn't move like a sloth and shake and rattle like it were about to fall apart .

Originally posted by Dulain
    It is a real mech. I've seen this a while back on some tech websites. It was the first Bi-Pedal Mech or something like that. They even have an official site which was selling that machine for $350k. If I were using CGI to make my robot, it wouldn't move like a sloth and shake and rattle like it were about to fall apart .

Pretty much my opinion on it about not being fake.

We already know there is a Gundam inside Mt. Fuji. YOU GOT TO BELIEVE ME!

|

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

This Mech is so much better than that piece of crap.

Geez, get with the times. The alaskans are so much cooler than the Japanese ::::12::