Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meth's Gaming HOT news 07/31 (ESA confirms E3 end as we know it)

methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Hey guys...

Hot news for today.. Although we caught news of this almost 24 hours in advance. I have just recieved information that ESA (Entertainment Software Association) has confirmed that E3 as we know it is over. They are no longer planning the huge multi-million dollars block-busting event that we have come to know. But as for now and the near future E3 and it's conferences will Be confined to rooms no larger then a conference room. They hope that this increased intamacy with the producers/publishers/devolopers can help the industry mature..

Here is a link to the report: LINK

What's your Wu Name?
Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
"Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
<i>ME<i>

Comments

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    This is a countermeasure to what happened at this past E3. With smaller space for the event, Microsoft and Sony wont be able to bring it as much bullshit as they did recently.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701
    I'm thinking that Sony, Microsoft and pulled out... since they spent millions of bucks.. only to be out shone by the ever phallic Wii

What's your Wu Name?
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079
    Meh, E3 had gotten to be 10% games, 20% lasers and flashy lights, and 70% chciks in thongs. Maybe they'll actually start getting the focus back on gaming and the IDEAs behind gaming rather than all the glitz and flash.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• whistlinjoe2whistlinjoe2 Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Malachi1975
    Meh, E3 had gotten to be 10% games, 20% lasers and flashy lights, and 70% chciks in thongs. Maybe they'll actually start getting the focus back on gaming and the IDEAs behind gaming rather than all the glitz and flash.

Cant we have games AND chicks in thongs??? What's wrong with that???  Even better, how about chicks in thongs playing games?  And not only that, but chicks in thongs whipping my tail in BF2?  Or how about chicks in thongs whipping my tail in BF2 while fetching beers in between maps?  Maybe even chicks in thongs whipping my tail in BF2, fetching beers between maps, then having stimulating conversation about MMO economic theory over a steak dinner later that night?

What is wrong with people these days

Agree about the laser light shows though, they have gone too far with that crap.

IF ONLY your statement was true... the world would be a better place

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

http://www.theesa.com/archives/2006/07/for_immediate_r.php
    Thats the press release straight from ESA homepage.

Looks like it's Officially Official guys

What's your Wu Name?
    <i>ME<i>

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

And the ESA sayeth unto it's followers, "Woe, the end is nigh of that which you knew. 2/3s of the EEE population shall be slain. Thongs shall be burned up in a great fire and the fundamentals of gaming be restored. Lo' and behold as it was said is shall be done". And after a great jiggle the Expo Floor fell silent.

Sorry, I'm in one of those moods today. At least they're not canning the whole thing. Just sounds to me like they are getting rid of the pomp and circumstance of the whole thing and bringing it back to what it was MEANT to be: An Electronics Entertainment Exposition, not a Stripclub.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."