Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proof the world is ending soon, are you sin free yet?

2»

Comments

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

Originally posted by Aldaron

Originally posted by Infliction

Religion is the #1 killer of people in the world, is now and always has been.

No it isn't; the grim reaper is.

death is indeed still the number one killer cause

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• SoSikWitItSoSikWitIt Member Posts: 65

It really bothers me that people are still willing to believe in omnipotent beings in the sky... Can you people explain to me why YOUR religion is the 'right' religion, and all the 300+ other actively practiced religions are wrong? Also why is it that every time a new scientific breakthrough comes around you hear 'the bible isn't to be taken literally' more and more often. Think for yourselves people please... Religion is the #1 killer of people in the world, is now and always has been. Once we as a people can get our heads unburied from our asses maybe there can be some kind of peace in the world... This may sound harsh to some of you, but... Think for a second... Why exactly do you believe in your 'god'? Because some old book tells you to? Because your parents believe because their parents believed? Why is it that there hasn't been anything remotely similar to anything in the bible for the last 2000 years? Because I'm quite certain if there were a god and he had a wrath the USA would be flooded and full of locusts right now.

We don't know that our religion is the "right" one.  We BELIEVE it is.  Just like you BELIEVE it isn't.  We have faith that we've made the right choice, just like you have faith that what we believe is utter nonsense.  Some people believe they've seen signs from God.  Others just "feel" that he's there.  I'm personally not one of these people, but I still believe nonetheless, although I don't look down on those who don't.  Maybe you should try that little philosophy on for yourself. 

Believing in a religion doesn't automatically mean you suspend all rational thought and individuality, and it certainly doesn't mean that I don't think for myself.  "Hey, axe-murdering rapist?  Why aren't you going to kill that little girl?  Because of the laws?  Puh-lease!!!  Think for yourself!" Thanks for the advice there champ.

As for "Religion is the #1 killer of people in the world, is now and always has been."  Well, that's a pretty asinine comment.  Got any statistics to back this up?  Any facts, spreadsheets, death rates?  Anything?  Of course you don't, because it's stupid.  I will say that people USING religion for their own personal or political greed has happened in history, and probably will continue in the future, but the same can be said of a majority of things.  As for why I believe in God...well I really can't answer that.  My parents aren't religious, so it wasn't them.  I don't believe "because some old book told me to" because the logic behind such a statement is moronic.  I just believe.  Judging all believers on the fanatics who go around blowing people us, is like judging you on every atheist nutjob who goes around eating people.

I'm just glad one of us can tell the difference. 
  • Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by britoca

Death is #1....but we ALL know #2 is Dihydrogen Monoxide. Fear the Dihydrogen Monoxied!!! http://www.dhmo.org/

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

Originally posted by Malachi1975

Death is #1....but we ALL know #2 is Dihydrogen Monoxide. Fear the Dihydrogen Monoxied!!! http://www.dhmo.org/

oh yeah, absolutely!  I'm glad I gave that up.

(man, I so don't want to work today)  :P

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Originally posted by Malachi1975

oh yeah, absolutely!  I'm glad I gave that up.

(man, I so don't want to work today)  :P

Call in "Abducted" If you boss wants to know more ask him if he really wants the details? It's worked for me in the past.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."