Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anti War (In Israel/Lebonan) protests in London!

HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

This happened around about a week ago in London. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard a bunch of hippies were going to throw a protest about the war... I'm sure if Israel won't listen to the UN, they'll listen to a bunch of long haired layabouts with nothing better to do than disrupt life for people with jobs.

Peace protesting is such an obnoxious, arrogant thing to do. It's like saying "the government WILL listen to us!! we're important!!!". When the truth of the matter is, nobody really cares about them or what they think. You could have a protest of 10 million people in london, and it'd still have less effect than a butterfly farting roughly toward the east.

Sorry, just had to vent my frustration here.. Anybody else hate anti war protestors?

Comments

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

I might go and protest in London about Tony Blair from the way I see it he’s only serving the US and not us. Its ironic really we vote in a labour government of witch Tony Blair is the leader and he aliens himslelf with them and spends more time serving a neo-conservative American government he needs to be fired TODAY.

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

Originally posted by Hohbein

This happened around about a week ago in London. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard a bunch of hippies were going to throw a protest about the war... I'm sure if Israel won't listen to the UN, they'll listen to a bunch of long haired layabouts with nothing better to do than disrupt life for people with jobs.
    Peace protesting is such an obnoxious, arrogant thing to do. It's like saying "the government WILL listen to us!! we're important!!!". When the truth of the matter is, nobody really cares about them or what they think. You could have a protest of 10 million people in london, and it'd still have less effect than a butterfly farting roughly toward the east.
    Sorry, just had to vent my frustration here.. Anybody else hate anti war protestors?

"proud to be arrogant" wtf?

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

• Originally posted by Hohbein

Look dude, your "leader" is called "Bushs' lap dog" here in the US! Don't be comin' in here tryin' to wash away the stain of cowardice by talkin' like a tough guy. You live in a police state you moron!
  • HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

Originally posted by poopypants

Look dude, your "leader" is called "Bushs' lap dog" here in the US! Don't be comin' in here tryin' to wash away the stain of cowardice by talkin' like a tough guy. You live in a police state you moron!

What does our government have to do with anything? Did I even mention them?? I mentioned the Lebonese government, yes, but I didn't say anything about the british government being.. brave?

I quite agree, Britain is an absolute disgrace at the moment, not because we follow the americans (I'm with that idea, I'd rather be on the winning side), but because Britain has developed a soft touch for most political matters.

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

I bet you they have more of an effect than your post. 

Why don't you read up on the American civil rights movements and see what effect peaceful protests had in the 60's.  You must know so much about it since you throw the word "hippy" around so easily. 

===============================

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

Originally posted by gnomexxx

I bet you they have more of an effect than your post. 

Why don't you read up on the American civil rights movements and see what effect peaceful protests had in the 60's.  You must know so much about it since you throw the word "hippy" around so easily. 

Hippy.