Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy crap this game is free now!

edgaloredgalor Member Posts: 35

one of the best mmorpg I played before~ still the best pvp mmorpg in the market... just can't beleive it's free to play now~ I wonder how do they make money -.-

my guess is the free to play system is for promoting the name shadowbane to other players so when sbg or sb2 come out others will know the name~

all this game needs is a better graphic and interface to be the best mmorpg in the market~

Comments

• christianc87christianc87 Member Posts: 33
    uhh, i love you dude.

Oi?

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by edgalor

one of the best mmorpg I played before~ still the best pvp mmorpg in the market... just can't beleive it's free to play now~ I wonder how do they make money -.-
    my guess is the free to play system is for promoting the name shadowbane to other players so when sbg or sb2 come out others will know the name~
    all this game needs is a better graphic and interface to be the best mmorpg in the market~

Nice to hear such enthuasism; hope the PvP gankers don't crush your spirit.

• siftifiedsiftified Member Posts: 258

Free does it for me too, I havn't played SB for about 3 years, but now ima coming back

Any ideas on which server is best for PvP?

• Xblade724Xblade724 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Free or not, I wouldn't play this game if someone payed me. I couldn't believe how horrible it was after all the potential it had.

---------------------------
    Former EQ1 Rallos Zek (PvP)
    Ascendant Chronei Immortal of Rallos Zek
    (Now @ Prexus)

• danmccooeydanmccooey Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Xblade724
    Free or not, I wouldn't play this game if someone payed me. I couldn't believe how horrible it was after all the potential it had.

Yes, because it's completely the exact same game it was 3 years ago.

/Sarcasm

• talaziatalazia Member CommonPosts: 9
    I wouldnt play it now either.  I played this game when it first came out.  On Mourning the "unofficial RP server" at the time.  It was good until the ganking started, then the server just turned to crap as did the game.  Heavy duping followed.  I miss the game that was and couldve been not what it has become.
  • WarDividerWarDivider Member Posts: 4
    I think im gunna come back into the game once im able to find the game itself in my house.... I have no idea where it is

• DrmccoyDrmccoy Member Posts: 52
    yea its free .... hmm maybe a hint at how bad this game is that no one would pay to play it anymore.

--------------------
    10 million people play WoW but I have yet to find one who admits liking it?!"

"Aion has the grind of EQ, the PvP of DAoC, and the smooth playability of WoW."

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

I hope there is an SB2, because this game did have innovative concepts and probably the best newbie experience I've ever seen.  Running around that starting island, I felt there was endless mystery off in the swamps and forests.

Sort of wished SB had been more PvE; it had a cool world, from what I could tell.

• offdawalljayoffdawalljay Member Posts: 2

I would have to say it was a great PvP based MMO. Considering the other options you have. in example : WoW.. Lame questing an long hours to get no where on top of having to take 300 runs through end game instances to get epics an so on. GW another lame MMO. I mean I played SB for a long time on redemption and loved every minute of it.. Even getting ganked while power lvling and farming. That was the ethics behind the gaem.. To get a guild and back each other up. Being free istn because you may think it sucked , it's due to a poor management of WolfPack studios. And if you would reed up on things instead of jumping the gun its free because Ashen Temper one of the main programers for wolf pack and a few others made there own devolopment gaming company. THey then in turn tried to buy the rights from UBI for SB and was basicaly told they could maintain the game an keep it alive. THe gaem in its self wastn bad it was there lack of good servers to run the platform on and the other fact the chinese out number most american guilds on some servers. I still believe it was one of the best politacal and grp orientated MMO's I have ever played.  Well on that note later.

• KenosKenos Member Posts: 5
    The game has been very revamped, and has minimal bugs, I would suggest coming back and giving it a try.
  • doolindoolin Member Posts: 5

Many people judge this game based on 2 things... its release, or the PK gankers. Yes, it had MANY problems at release, but it has since been reva,ped, just this month, 2 MAJOR patches.  Two expansion packs and over 25 big patches have made this a whole new game.

As to PK gankers, not all PVP is a lowbie killing spree.  There are new changes that make it easier to level lowbies.  However, the key is STILL to use the political boards for your server to find a nation to join.  If you like solo games, this is not for you.  The majority of players join a nation, learn the ins and outs of the game, use voice coms for a better playing experience and become hopelessly addicted to this game. If you like pretty graphics, quests of picking flowers, and carefree solo adventures, then press the BACK button.  If you enjoy the thrill of PVP, or want to see what the hype is all about... DOWNLOAD this game. 

Its the perfect time to learn, as the game is in the middle of a facelift, and is making enormous advances... and therefore is free.  It will return to Pay to Play once the Devs are happy with SB, or when SB2 is completed.  Looking for a new game, with an experience unlike any game out there... this is the game for you!

• DelphisDelphis Member Posts: 5

Best PVP and RP game I've ever played. The graphics suck, but it is an incredibly fun game to play if you like PVP. And, it's all balanced out. If they could update the graphics, this game could last a long time.

This is a game that took years and years and years to get right, but I think they ended up with a good product. It's just too bad that it's so ugly.

Now that I can justify paying the subscription fee (FREE) I will definitely be going back.