Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regarding death penalties....

SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

A little official news that the death penalties and corpse run mechanics are being adjusted in the beta.

Not ALL deaths will involve a corpse run -- it will be more complex than that.  Solo/casual mobs will give you, on death, a rather "minor" death penalty with most likely NO corpse run and a small XP debt/loss.

Tougher and more lucrative mobs will have the added risk of tougher death penalties -- with a corpse run involved.

And the top-of-the-line, uber-loot raid bosses, in some cases, will actually "eat" a raid party's corpses!  You'll have to go back and kill the raid boss to get it to "disgorge" your party's corpses!

Big rewards = big risks and penalties.

Smaller rewards = smaller risks and penalties.

In a sense, you can tailor the game difficulty to your desired risk-vs-reward desires by choosing what you want to do for adventuring.

Some will like this.  Some will not.

~ Ancient Membership ~

Comments

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    That sounds really funny. In a sick way I like it and want to go and kill an uber boss monster now.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

LOL -- yes, I can imagine a newbie logging on and asking, "So what's the death penalty like?"

Followed by about five minutes of explanation -- to which he finally replies:

"Bosses can EAT my corpse?!  EAT it???!!!  YIPES!!!"

This, btw, would be one of the reasons that you would NOT want anybody like "Leeroy" in your raid group!

"LF members for big boss raid -- idiots need NOT apply!"

~ Ancient Membership ~