Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Siege and Massive PvP

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Our friends over at Age of Conan have released another new gameplay preview. This one takes a look at the game's Siege PvP and Massive PvP. It's too long to print here, but if you click the link below, you can read it all:

This week take a look into the bloody conflicts that players will be able to engage in within the Border Kingdom PVP zones in Age of Conan

Destruction and betrayal brought about by the thirst for power is the nectar of Hyboria - the one constant in the world of King Conan. Death reaps a rich harvest in the battles for power between rival warlords, tribal chiefs and would be pretenders to the throne of Aquillonia.

As king, Conan has opened up the Border Kingdoms for conquest. The constant strife from other nations in the area has let him grant prerogatives to whoever holds the area! The border kingdom will once and forever be part of the great Aquillonian Empire! As befits the legend of the king himself only those with the strength of will and sheer ferocity for hard fought combat will emerge victorious in these most challenging of environments!

Bloody and hard fought, these battles will be just as integral to the life of guilds that enjoy PVP in Age of Conan. Entire guilds will lay their reputations and honor (or dishonor in some cases!) on the line to hold the coveted battlekeeps!

Read it all, here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• tummblertummbler Member UncommonPosts: 267

looks pretty cool..

----------
    nogold.org....

• MaladakMaladak Member Posts: 50
    I didn't know they had a little RTS/Sim builder with player towns....I need to catch up on my reading it looks like.  very cool ideas here.

--------------------------------------------

When you do something right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

God Yes!!!!!

All the best parts of Shadowbane without the worst parts.

• TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62
    I'm so looking forward to this game!

If this game is going to be, what the devs say it's going to be, then it'll blow away any existing mmo..

I hope I can find a decent guild though, as I fear that the smaller guilds will be crushed quite fast there.
    But then again, with that combat system, it might all depend on skill, rather then on numbers...
    God, I want to play this game :<

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Sounds very interesting.
    DAOC style with keeps,towers and now resource ownership when your guild owns a keep.
    Hopefully they create it so that it's not just 30 guilds or so on each server that can own/conquer a keep in the border kingdoms.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Best of all, Age of Conan isnt going to be T rated...dont need to put up with stupid kids...only stupid kidults.

• stanfinkstanfink Member Posts: 48

this game has instanced pvp , levles and classes.. its not good for real PvP. too many restrictions.

www.thronesofchaos.com

thats the only true pvp mmorpg bein made.. no levels , classes , skill based ,  pvp anywhere.

Restrictions in pvp games = no good

• TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by stanfink

this game has instanced pvp , levles and classes.. its not good for real PvP. too many restrictions.
    www.thronesofchaos.com
    thats the only true pvp mmorpg bein made.. no levels , classes , skill based ,  pvp anywhere.

Sounds nice, but then again, not everyone wants to pvp all the time. I don't anyway :)

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by stanfink

www.thronesofchaos.com

you forget one thing... thrones of chaos aka mourning aka age of mouning aka sumtinkrel isnt a real, functioning game.