Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RUNESCAPE

13»

Comments

• basaltbasalt Member Posts: 84

the makers of runescape (jagex) get tons of money from both free and members accounts

i have an account

i love it and they have never taken any of the stuff in my bank

or frok anyone i knows bank

that is 1 stupid rumor

i wish i had a rabbit

*from lol

i wish i had a rabbit

almost everyone i know says that there frined is a mod on it

m8 even if he says he is, he is probably lying

hardly anyone is a mod,

we r trying 2 av a proper conversation so do not lie plz

(sos if he is actually a mod)

i wish i had a rabbit

at leat runescape is fun!?!?

i av never been hackes cos they have recently updated security system

my m8 who h8ed it now loves it cos of some of the updates

i wish i had a rabbit

at leat runescape is fun!?!?

i av never been hackes cos they have recently updated security system

my m8 who h8ed it now loves it cos of some of the updates

i wish i had a rabbit

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by basalt

almost everyone i know says that there frined is a mod on it
    m8 even if he says he is, he is probably lying
    hardly anyone is a mod,
    we r trying 2 av a proper conversation so do not lie plz
    (sos if he is actually a mod)

Dude, I'm not a grammar fanatic or anything but christ man, spell the words out if you want people to understand what you are saying.

okay then i shall speel every single word out just like this so everybody can uncderstand what i am saying.

is that alright for you?

i wish i had a rabbit

• Gaurdlevel21Gaurdlevel21 Member Posts: 7
    Ok... It's like this. Free members only have a limited amount of space in their bank while member's banks go all the way to the bottom.
  • XyangXyang Member Posts: 216

Originally posted by Corylee
    how can he/she make millions of dollars when the game is free(last time i checked)

They currently have about 700k paying subscribers. Giving it's a 5$ fee per month, it's still a nice chunk of money for a java game. Not any where close of current MMO cost maintenance, so i have no problem to believe that he's making millions a month.

Runescape is a victory for the gaming industry, showing that game play can still own uber graphics. The learning curve is one of the sweetest outhere and is not intimidating at all for a new player. Yet the game can get very deep once you become a full member.

A complete success for a java script and a real model at how to lure the player base with free content and give them the opportunity to upgrade their account for more. (Which most of us/them who are not free loaders will eventually do) 

All my props goes to those guys!

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Originally posted by Xyang

how can he/she make millions of dollars when the game is free(last time i checked)

They currently have about 700k paying subscribers. Giving it's a 5$ fee per month, it's still a nice chunk of money for a java game. Not any where close of current MMO cost maintenance, so i have no problem to believe that he's making millions a month.

Runescape is a victory for the gaming industry, showing that game play can still own uber graphics. The learning curve is one of the sweetest outhere and is not intimidating at all for a new player. Yet the game can get very deep once you become a full member.

A complete success for a java script and a real model at how to lure the player base with free content and give them the opportunity to upgrade their account for more. (Which most of us/them who are not free loaders will eventually do) 

Anyone can sell an inferior product if the situation is right. Thats why the Backstreet boys and Nsync were a household name regardless of the fact they were terrible.
  • shaiadaryshaiadary Member Posts: 30
    RUNESCAPE SUCKS END OF STORY!
  • thedemon6661thedemon6661 Member Posts: 48
    LOL runescape isnt a crap game, the amount of people who play it there are hundreds of thousends and and jagex dont take stuff from ur bank account, its ur fault that means u have been using a autoer or sumthing like thaqt wich has a kelogger or spyware on it and THE OWNERS OF THE VIRUS ARE THE ONES TAKING YOUR STUFF AWAY and u never know, jagex coulde be making 1 million a year and runescape is a gr8 game i play it it is addicting and fun

quoted by yoda "fear leads to anger, anger leads to stress, stress leads to doobies, doobies leads to twinkies

• ConverseSCConverseSC Member Posts: 572

Originally posted by Arcken

Originally posted by Xyang

Anyone can sell an inferior product if the situation is right. Thats why the Backstreet boys and Nsync were a household name regardless of the fact they were terrible.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FACT AND OPINION

YA RLY!
  • littlemalittlema Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Fluffmcduff

1. The website has a hell lot of advertising
    2. There are thousands of members who pay money each month
    I'm not sure it would be 1Million a month though, by this time he would have several billion dollars.

he would no way have made several billion dollars by now, 1 million a month.. 2 months in a year.. thats only 12 million a year..
    runescapes only been up about 5-6 years i think..

the only bad thing about runescape is the unfair bannings, i was banned for autoing when i wasnt, i was well annoyed...

plus runescape would never delete items from your bank, thats is a rumor and will always be a rumor, it ill never be true, its a pay'd for game and it would be illegal for them to do this..
    my advice.. dont believe it one bit, its just talk talk i played since the beginning, and it never happend to me..

but also i would never go back, its too much work.. i payed for that game and the bann'd me VERY unfaily..

• Sly99Sly99 Member Posts: 6

Runescape becoems boring. And no the owner doesnt make billions of dollars. Not exactly but atleast something close to it.

• cartoonboycartoonboy Member Posts: 11

Yes, it is true that andrew (owner of Jagex) makes millions of dollars a month. As for the disappearing items, I do not think that he deletes items, although I have heard of items mysteriously disappearing from the bank, but it's probably hackers.

• FlameBlade33FlameBlade33 Member Posts: 13
    No he hasnt lol he was on and off yesterday

§~ƒlæmé~§
    Go greenday