Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial Download having problems

ZantowZantow Member Posts: 1

I downloaded the trail yesterday (actually 4 or 5 times) and followed the instructions on the site for install, but when I clicked on the .exe icon nothing really happened.  I could tell the HD was working on something because of the light but it did that for about 3 or 4 minutes and then that was it.  After that the .exe icon disappeared, thus the re-download 4 or 5 times.  I then found a link on this site for the DEMO and was able to get that .exe to work.  Only problem now is that I have such an old version (1.26.1618) that there is no patch on the EVE website that is compatialbe with it.  I already tried.

So now I am stuck.  Anyone else have this problem and if so what can I do?

Also, I would like to talk with tech support.  Anyone have their number?

Thanks for any help.

Zan

Comments

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

Originally posted by Zantow

I downloaded the trail yesterday (actually 4 or 5 times) and followed the instructions on the site for install, but when I clicked on the .exe icon nothing really happened.  I could tell the HD was working on something because of the light but it did that for about 3 or 4 minutes and then that was it.  After that the .exe icon disappeared, thus the re-download 4 or 5 times.  I then found a link on this site for the DEMO and was able to get that .exe to work.  Only problem now is that I have such an old version (1.26.1618) that there is no patch on the EVE website that is compatialbe with it.  I already tried.
    So now I am stuck.  Anyone else have this problem and if so what can I do?
    Also, I would like to talk with tech support.  Anyone have their number?
    Thanks for any help.

Zan

You probably downloaded older verson. Did you download it from here: http://www.eve-online.com/download/?
  • iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Where did you download it from? Like the guy said above, try downloading it from here it's the latest version. :)

-iCeh

• pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

download the game again from here
    some times the download " get corrupted"

remove all the other files before trying too install eve.

It would work

CCP dont take phonecalls