Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Rogue_5 interview at Warcry

anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

Comments

• tjvoodootjvoodoo Member Posts: 293

Thank you for posting this .

Rogue_5 : even eliminating several professions loved by the player base - 23 to be precise including the phasing out of crafters which you still include in your 9 .

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by tjvoodoo

Thank you for posting this .

Rogue_5 : even eliminating several professions loved by the player base - 23 to be precise including the phasing out of crafters which you still include in your 9 .

We at SOE don' deal with 'em fancy big town numbers. We call 'em as we see 'em. An' who's countin' anyway. If 'ers more of 'em than guns on the rack, we call 'em plenty.
  • ColaCola Member Posts: 402

Heres a few of my favorite quotes from this piece of shiz liar.

What a joke. this guy should be hung.  HIGH

Quotes from     Rogue_5

"but so far we've been very successful with the changes and we're happy with the direction of the game.”

McDaniel said that, despite the occasional flamefest, staying in touch with the community's feeling are definitely worth it.

“Ultimately, Star Wars Galaxies is about becoming your own hero in the Star Wars universe,” McDaniel said. “It's not about you playing Han Solo or you playing Luke Skywalker; it's about you playing a character that can become as famous as either of those characters, giving you the opportunity to become a hero and to live in the Star Wars universe.”

“You can choose to play however you like – there are lots of playstyles open to you. If you don't want to be the hero, if you just want to be a crafter, if you just want to hang out in the background, if you just want to hang out in the cantina and entertain, you can still do all that. We haven't taken that away from the game at all.

“You can go as far as you want with it, from being an Uncle Owen-type character to being the hero if you want. That variety is still there.”

Go ahead fanbois

Defend him

I know your dying to

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by Cola

“Ultimately, Star Wars Galaxies is about becoming your own hero in the Star Wars universe,” McDaniel said. “It's not about you playing Han Solo or you playing Luke Skywalker; it's about you playing a character that can become as famous as either of those characters, giving you the opportunity to become a hero and to live in the Star Wars universe.”
    “You can go as far as you want with it, from being an Uncle Owen-type character to being the hero if you want. That variety is still there.”

Huh?

Um. Huh?

Buh huh?

Consider, if you will, a game. Where you can become anyone you want, not just some iconic character. Or perhaps, you can't. But then you can. And now they want you to. Whereas before they didn't. But who knows, we're way past... The Twilight Zone.
  • cerebrixcerebrix Member UncommonPosts: 566
    lots of playstyles huh?  crafter and hero, ok thats two.  define lots rogue......

also mentioned in the article that the dev team is happy with the game.  good for them, im happy for them.  we arent happy with the game.  must be nice to have a job where you dont ever have to think about the people paying his paycheck.  glad i stopped about 10 months ago.

Games i'm playing right now...

"In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea" - Raph Koster talking about NGE on his blog at raphkoster.com

• oatsoats Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Rekrul

Consider, if you will, a game. Where you can become anyone you want, not just some iconic character. Or perhaps, you can't. But then you can. And now they want you to. Whereas before they didn't. But who knows, we're way past... The Twilight Zone.

F'n beautiful.

F'n beautiful.
  • jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Oh man...hang on a sec......./puke....ahhh.

I hope Nancy McIntyre doesn't read this.  Rogue will be seeing an iconic, starwarsy pink slip.  Jackasses abound at SOE and LEC.  This is just pathetic.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275

Grant McDaniel said, “There was certainly a concern over how [the NGE] was going to be pursued by the players, but we knew that to make the kind of game that us and LucasArts expected for a Star Wars online game, we needed to make the changes and to actually be able to continue to support the game that we've got, we needed to make those type of changes, to make it something that we could really feel good about, that we could really make sure was a high-quality game that provided the action experience that you'd expect from a Star Wars game."

In other words... "LucasArts made us do it! Please don't deactivate me!!!"

They knew they were throwing their current players under the bus they just didn't realize that the people watching on the side of the road would be horrified. Also, they didn't expect so many to stay behind and demand the game be rolled back. Hell, they STILL have old vets posting DAILY to get them to roll it back. Why are these dumbasses still holding out hope that someone is going to be willing to do that?

Former SWG beta tester and player

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

“You can ultimately still do that,” McDaniel said. “You can choose to play however you like – there are lots of playstyles open to you. If you don't want to be the hero, if you just want to be a crafter, if you just want to hang out in the background, if you just want to hang out in the cantina and entertain, you can still do all that. We haven't taken that away from the game at all.

Enough variety to carry the game for another three years? Only time will tell.

Hey Rogue_5!

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by Reachwind

Hell, they STILL have old vets posting DAILY to get them to roll it back. Why are these dumbasses still holding out hope that someone is going to be willing to do that?

Hi.  My name is jrscott, and I used to be a dumbass. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Just because you can teach a monkey to talk , Dosen't mean he should.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CymekCymek Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by jrscott

I hope Nancy McIntyre doesn't read this.

Nancy doesn't like reading.

remember-she was the one who said there was too much of it in the old version of SWG.

Originally posted by Cymek

Originally posted by jrscott

I hope Nancy McIntyre doesn't read this.

Nancy doesn't like reading.

remember-she was the one who said there was too much of it in the old version of SWG.

Zing!!! This would explain why he felt free to contradict her. 

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    That article made me vomit a little in my mouth.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

I think Nancy would dissagree

• kymekyme Member Posts: 411
    Goddamnit where are the people to call this Jackass Rogue-6 on his BULLSHIT! The current NGE community is RUBBISH!
  • ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776
    Rouge_5 is clearly towing the company line.  As much as we'd like to seem him be honest, it ain't gonna happen =(

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

Same song we've heard for 3 years.

I enjoyed this gem more than the rest:

“I try to read the forums on a daily basis and I try and get out there and respond at least every week or two to let the people know, 'Yes, we are still actively listening...."

It is very easy to listen to someone and equally as easy to dismiss what they have to say.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340

I can't wait to read the memoirs of all these people involved when it finally goes in the toilet.  Raph is already starting his.  The rest will be Best Sellers.   

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    hey my names grant

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Uberman

I can't wait to read the memoirs of all these people involved when it finally goes in the toilet.  Raph is already starting his.  The rest will be Best Sellers.   

Raph is looking really good at this point, the only one of them who is.  Well, and Tiggs, who SOE made into a martyr.

SOE's CUNGE is swirling round the toilet bowl about to go down for good, while the community that Raph's game created is busy trying to remake that game THEMSELVES.

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

Originally posted by tillamook

“You can ultimately still do that,” McDaniel said. “You can choose to play however you like – there are lots of playstyles open to you. If you don't want to be the hero, if you just want to be a crafter, if you just want to hang out in the background, if you just want to hang out in the cantina and entertain, you can still do all that. We haven't taken that away from the game at all.

Enough variety to carry the game for another three years? Only time will tell.

Hey Rogue_5!

How are you a Hero? You are identical in every way shape and form to every other player in your class. There is nothing unique about any character in swg.  On account of them dropping the skill tree system and not having expertize system ready on release of the nge and 6 months later still no diversity among classes and professions.
  • iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

---“Certainly, we were a little nervous about how that was going to play out, but so far we've been very successful with the changes and we're happy with the direction of the game.”

---This is why I almost think someone should be fired.   Complete and utter lies.   See, I think people are smarter then the Spin doctor Grant.

---But, McDaniel said, the future of SWG doesn't include the past.

---And for those players who would rather play Uncle Owen, Luke's decidedly unadventurous foster father?

Thats funny, they said before they did not want us to be able to do this....

I am ashamed I paid this guys salary at this point actually.

See it's this kind of shit back talking after one producer says one thing and you see this stint of lies that gets my goat.   I rather him come and say "we did it our way tough shit" then this crap.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    "We've been very successful with the changes and we're happy with the direction of the game."
    Someone doesn't know what "successful" means...

"Some veteran players continue to rant, vent and, in general, complain about those changes."
    Even if they play the game and like it, I'm pretty sure everyone's ranted about the changes at some point in time. Either way, the majority of the players (former and current) are still complaining. Only on the official forums can you refer to these people as "some". And only because they're banned the second they speak out against the changes.

"Despite the occasional flamefest, staying in touch with the community's feeling are definitely worth it."
    "Occasional"? Someone hasn't been to any SWG forums, it seems. And no, staying in touch with the community's not worth it. If they won't listen to anyone's opinions, what the hell are they staying in touch with? The "post something nice about the above poster" threads?

"We needed to make those type of changes"
    "We are not going to do any type of rollback,
    [pre-Combat Upgrade], classic server, anything like that. We're going
    forward with where we're at now."
    So... When the game's doing well, and has around 300k subscribers, the game desperately needs a change. But when the game goes down the shitter, and nearly everyone leaves, they decide to stay the course?

"McDaniel pointed out that a big part of Star Wars
    is the Galactic Civil War, in which the Rebels are struggling to
    overthrow the oppressive Empire."
    Struggling?!? War?!? Seems didn't bother to do any research.

"Finding out what the players like and don't like is a big part of McDaniel's job."
    Disregarding what the players like and don't like is left up to the rest of the team.

"He works mainly with the various development
    teams, but also spends a lot of time paying attention to the players,
    wading through the forums with the patience of a fisherman looking for
    that perfect catch – in this case, useful suggestions and feedback."
    I just find this line funny. Those forums are filled with suggestions (some better than others), always have been. They've never listened to what we've wanted. They've never, at any point in this game's history, listened to what we've wanted.

"According to McDaniel, a recent update was actually delayed based on player feedback about the player bounty system."
    That or they didn't finish it on time. Hmm... Did they really put their heart into making this a fun update for everyone or are they just bad at their jobs... I'll have to think about it.

"SWG can be many things to many people, options McDaniel says his team is dedicated to keeping alive."
    Dedicated? Alive? And no, it can not be many things to many people. It's a "kill, loot, repeat" EQ clone. That's all it is to everybody.

"And for those players who would rather play Uncle Owen, Luke's decidedly unadventurous foster father?"
    Too bad!

• LilTLilT Member Posts: 631
    Oh my god the amount of bullshit in that interview makes me hope its sarcastic. I have never read anything so ridiculous in my life@!!! Someone should have posted this in the rumor thread.

He still wants us to be ourselves and play the uncle owen? ORLY? HOW??!?!?!! WASTNT THAT WHY YOU CHANGED THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?!??!?!? BECAUSE UNCLE OWEN WASNT STARWARSY ENOUGH?@?@?@

What's Mr. McDaniel's email address? Im gonna chew on his fase.

For the Horde!