Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warp=blue screen of death and reboots?

XarmiusXarmius Member Posts: 4

I just started the trial and tutourial and can't seem to pass the warp part since each time I warp my laptop(emachines m6805, I know emachines suck) flashes a blue screen then reboots.

Any tricks to keep the client stable?

Comments

• sungamsungam Member Posts: 36
    I suggest test your laptop memory, use memtest86 or docmemory, if fail, replace memory, this is common...

• XarmiusXarmius Member Posts: 4
    Guess i can try that program too, I use rightmark memory analyzer and shows nothing wrong with it.

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by Xarmius
    Guess i can try that program too, I use rightmark memory analyzer and shows nothing wrong with it.

Have you tried to contact the customer support? Could be that they know a bit more cases where this happens. Good Luck in sorting that out.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384
    How old is the laptop, and does the hardware in it meet Eve's requiments?

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.
  • Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

It could be overheating what error does it give when Bsod's. If it has anything that says ati on it then it could be your video. also make sure you are sharing enough ram with your video card, and if anything else check out omega drivers, and driver heaven's forums to see if they have a resolution to your problem if it is video related.

Playing Fallen Earth.

• RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550

Originally posted by Xarmius

I just started the trial and tutourial and can't seem to pass the warp part since each time I warp my laptop(emachines m6805, I know emachines suck) flashes a blue screen then reboots.

Any tricks to keep the client stable?

EVE used to have serious problems with athalon 64s. I dont know if theyve been fixed.

Originally posted by Lunchbox76

It could be overheating what error does it give when Bsod's. If it has anything that says ati on it then it could be your video. also make sure you are sharing enough ram with your video card, and if anything else check out omega drivers, and driver heaven's forums to see if they have a resolution to your problem if it is video related.

when it briefly flashs there isnt any text at all oddly enough, since the laptop has a mobile atm 9600 with 64MB of dedicated memory I can't change that part.

Going through what others have it seems to be a driver issue but thats bit weird. I can  play oblivion fine on this laptop  with no reboots.  Plus it doesnt seem be overheating that quick since im in an air condition house.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Eve client is notorious for ram leaks.

I get blue screen if I open certain programs that use Eve/ windows resources that carry a cache or stay on in the back ground. It is very clear this is ran on a Windows based engine. Selfish hog.

Set your machine up to essentially turn on, log the net and run Eve client and you will be fine.

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294

Ya I was spacing a bit when I read the specs. Also check the event log to see if it logs anything. I sometimes find the solution there.

Playing Fallen Earth.

Originally posted by free2play

Eve client is notorious for ram leaks.

I get blue screen if I open certain programs that use Eve/ windows resources that carry a cache or stay on in the back ground. It is very clear this is ran on a Windows based engine. Selfish hog.

Set your machine up to essentially turn on, log the net and run Eve client and you will be fine.

Memory leaking means that the client sucks down more memory then it should. Thats inconvienent (or crippling if you only have 256m of RAM), but if youre getting bluescreens on XP, then the problem probably isnt caused by EVE (although EVE may trigger it).

I may to have to wait till the next patch is out and restart my trial so im not unfairly judging the game.  Reading into the eve online tech support next to vodoo they are not really sure how to fix it on the end user; one of the players reformated his hdd and was still getting the same thing im having.

• CrystafCrystaf Member Posts: 6
    I have had problems with random reboots with my one system playing EVE. The problem is the sound effects during combat. Disabling sound in EVE solved it... but i have no sound ;/

Originally posted by Crystaf
    I have had problems with random reboots with my one system playing EVE. The problem is the sound effects during combat. Disabling sound in EVE solved it... but i have no sound ;/

Thats actually a very good idea for someone crashing in warp.

Ctrl+alt+shift+F12 is the disable sound hotkey.