Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July Beta Newsletter

here

Monks!

Comments

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Thanks!

~ Ancient Membership ~

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

I was expecting more

...maybe Beta 3?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Vengeful
    I was expecting more image
    ...maybe Beta 3? image

yeah it seemed to lack a bit, didn't it? at least compared to the other ones i have read.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Vengeful

I was expecting more

...maybe Beta 3?

I agree the beta newsletter appears to have been rushed.  Compared to other beta newsletters and class previews there is little content in this one.  I am guessing they just wanted to get something out to please the games fans.  They also promised to have it out by yesterday so most likley they just threw a preview together.

From the lack of Brad comments the last few weeks (with the exception of his responses in regards to the new DP) and to to the the scaricity of this newsletter it is likely they have all been going full tilt to get beta 3 ready.  I bet they have been working some long hours the last few months getting beta 3 ready.  The news letter indicates that they will have a version of beta 3 for the testers to test by the end of the week.  Brad has said beofre that he wants the beta testers to test beta 3 for a t least a week before going live with it and adding new people.  From everything he has said it sounds like beta 3 will be adding a ton of new content and will have much more optimized client.  Optimizing the client appears to be the key to beta 3.  To invite more people the game has to be playable and run well on mid range machines.  My guess is this may take a few weeks longer than expected and may end up pushing beta back an additional few weeks to mid to late August.  If they do invite a lot more people beta 3will be a real milestone and they will want the game some what polosihed, fun and stable.  First impressions count a lot.  When they open the game up to masses like this I am sure they want it running well.  Allowing more testers in is not just about testing but its also marketing.

• ross1893ross1893 Member Posts: 47
    Yeah, you are right that first impressions mean a lot. But I think that they will probably be on time with the launch beta 3 this time. Just because they know how critical people have been about the beta already. So I am assuming that they have been working very hard to make sure this beta goes well. Is there are tons of problems there will most likely be even more beta leaks than before. So I think we are in for some more e-drama this time around!

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by ross1893
    Yeah, you are right that first impressions mean a lot. But I think that they will probably be on time with the launch beta 3 this time. Just because they know how critical people have been about the beta already. So I am assuming that they have been working very hard to make sure this beta goes well. Is there are tons of problems there will most likely be even more beta leaks than before. So I think we are in for some more e-drama this time around!

You might be right about not delaying.  What worries me is optimizing the client and making sure the game has a smooth beta 3 launch.  I would expect both of those to take longe rthan expected.  If Brad is right and they get the beta 3 client to the testers at end of this week and only test it a week we are looking at a beta 3 release for the week of August 7th.  If there are problems getting it out this week, problems in testing, more tweaks needed or even the client needs more tweaking we might see it delayed a week, maybe two or even three.  Realistically, I expect beta 3 to be out between mid August and labor day.  No matter how much we want beta 3 to start and how much they want it to start soon the work can't be magically done.  It takes time to do it right.  I am more confident that Brad will take the time to make sure beta 3's release is relatively smooth rather than rushing the beta 3 client out the door to satisy any impatient fans.  Like we said first impressions mean a lot and beta testing is just as much about marketingas it is about testing.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    Wow, Monks looks SWEET. Beta 3 is rolling out as we speak, SWEET. I wish there wa sa bit mor einfo, but considering we're in a transition, I'll let it slide...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!