Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will the combat really be like?

Comments

• ThachsanhThachsanh Member Posts: 331
    Pfft. Doesn't work. Anyone know why?

• AkikiAkiki Member Posts: 95

You could post just the links to the images.

Anyway, here is a string of PMs thach and I have sent back and forth and they are a great source of info!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thach:

The combat system, although has some innovated ideas, is still follow the traditional auto-attack + special attack combat system. In melee combat, you actually have to make contact, some short range attack you don't have to make contact but you will see the character throw the weapon toward the target.

Auto-attack skills are introduced as combo, each auto-attack skill has 3 combos. There are 12 skill level for each skill. Using skill often will increase the skill level. At skill level 3 and 5 player will unlock the next combo of the auto-attack skill. Higher skill means higher damage.

Customization at character creation seems a little limited with about 8 face types, 8 hair styles with 3 hair colors for each style.

In game customizations were nicely done. Each suit of armor has 6 visible independent pieces. Each piece has sockets/pockets to put in attachements.

Customization has also being done nicely in term of combat skills. There are several auto-attack skills that do the same damage but looks different. Since higher skill level skill has better damage, use have to make a choice to stick with the auto-attack skills they have leveled up or learn a new one.

Special attack skills are usually 1 hit skills that do high damage and affect status. Special attack also have skill level.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me:

Thank you! You are a big help. I do have a few more questions to add on to that though:
    1. Can you change your hair style and/or color after character creation?
    2. So after you get a skill to a certain level you can either replace it with a higher level skill or keep leveling the one you have? Are there any major advantages to sticking with the old one?
    3. Are there any weather effects, such as rain or lightning?
    4. Are houses and things like that just there to add to the environment, or can you actually go in them?
    5. How is player death handled?
    6. And finally, any recreational places, like restaurants?

Most of the things you have said about the game have already made me sign up for the beta test, I hope the game is as fun as you say it is :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thach:

1. No, you can't change them after character creation.
    2. Skill with high level will do more damage, however upgrade skill also do more damage, it's all personal choices. If you choose to upgrade your skill, you will have to level up your skill from the begining. You can only get skill point from something you can get experience off. So it will be tough.
    3. No weather effects yet.
    4. Some big building you can go inside, but most building you cannot go in. The engine has some limitation with in door environment I think.
    5. I believe there are some exp penalties, although not very visible. You can not lost your level. After you die, you have a certain time to get resurected. The amount of time you have will be determined by one of your stat like the will power to hang on. If timer expire, you will have a choice to either respawn at your clan HQ with no resurection weakness and no stat wound. Respawn at a town you last rest at for a moderate resurection weakness and moderate stat wound which could be treated with medicine or player sklls. Respawn at the same place you died with huge resurection weakness and huge stat wound.
    6. There are restaurants which sell food and drink with furnitures. You can't sit on them though.

This game has huge potential. It was developed by a very small team of developers and they are still working on a lot of things. Lacking human resources do take a toll on them, most updates they have done are on bug fixes, graphic improvements and environment improvements. Game play changes are coming but slower. Currently the game only have 4 classes to choose from, the differences between the same class on different clans are small - for balance purposes, I guess. With the huge amount of skills to choose from and level up, players can still make many different builds for different purposes but the similarity is there. The second class change which divide the 4 foundation classes into more clan specific classes. The update was schedule to come in, I believe, around the same time English closed beta started. So for English version users, this should not be a problem.

• atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100

cool thx guys, man i wanna play this game so bad now ><

Hahah, I take it back. Now that I have time to take a look at different costumes the game has to offer, I realize that you can totally change your hair style and your look after character creation.

I am about to upload some of the vi-gung screenshots and you can see how much one character can change in game.

• atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100
    so items are very abundant in the game or is it like silkroad where there a certain amount of items based on your lvl.
    You can wield or wear anything you like. Item that too powerful for your level will be damage very quickly and will break in a short amount of time.

Here are my promies. Vi-gung's costumes. These are not all you can have, of course. All these screenshots were taken from one character. This is to demonstrate how different a character can be by changing costumes/armors.
    All the costumes/armor were used in full suit. If you mix and match them, you could create wildly different looks for your character.

I don't know why I could not post pictures here, so I will just include URL below.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7317/2006july18192102nx5.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1074/2006july18192530ic0.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8971/2006july18192807xs0.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5185/2006july18193106fb4.jpg

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/5813/2006july18193142ai6.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7349/2006july18193230cx3.jpg

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5462/2006july18193310mt7.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/500/2006july18193416ns7.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/6186/2006july18193444ns7.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4333/2006july18193527np1.jpg

• mmonoobiemmonoobie Member Posts: 31
    Yo Thachsanh.. Im having trouble when using a character from the beggar sect (gai pan).. one quest requires me to type anything and since I cant understand korean and I dont have a korean keyboard, I cant advance. SO my question is this, if I joined the wutang or any clan for that matter, will I encounter the same problem? And that quest I guess is needed for me to become a drunken master. thanks in advance.
    So thach, all of those where that clan's costumes? Does gai-pan have that much variety too?

Originally posted by mmonoobie
    Yo Thachsanh.. Im having trouble when using a character from the beggar sect (gai pan).. one quest requires me to type anything and since I cant understand korean and I dont have a korean keyboard, I cant advance. SO my question is this, if I joined the wutang or any clan for that matter, will I encounter the same problem? And that quest I guess is needed for me to become a drunken master. thanks in advance.

Wu-tang, Shaolin, Luc-lin, Vi-gung main quest trees don't have quest required you to type in. Some side quests still require you to type in Korean words, just ignore those.

I found out how to post images. click the little tree icon above the typing area, put the link in the "image url" section, and delete the "http://" at the beginning of the link. Now here are the images (for the lazy people who don't want to copy and paste links )

Originally posted by Akiki
    So thach, all of those where that clan's costumes? Does gai-pan have that much variety too?

Pretty much, you can actually wear everything except clan specific costumes.

Number 1,2,3 and 8,9,10 are Vi-gun specific costumes.

9D also have a feature I have not seen even in western game. It's the mimic or imitate system. You have a special type of item kinda like a mask that allow you to imitate a specific clan disciples that you want to infiltrate. NPCs, guards will not turn hostile to you if you are masking. This feature is priceless in clan war.
    Could you post some gai-pan specific outfits, if it's not too much trouble? (and maybe some wu-tang ones too, I am still not 100% sure which I want to go with)
  • MrBubblesMrBubbles Member UncommonPosts: 26

Yea same here.l. I dont know what i want to be.. I know that i want to become stronge and take over the world..

lol just kidding but serisously i wont to become strong and the best martail arts person.. Can we learn every  clan skills. by using that mask.. Or can you only use the mast once..

Mr.Bubbles

P.s. I still want to take over the world..(In game)

• hokage4thhokage4th Member Posts: 9

want to play want to play want to play want to play want to play want to play

Thach, with clan outfits (like pictures 4 and 7) Do you have to wear the hat? Also, do all of the clans have access to the same quests, or are they different for each one?

Originally posted by Akiki
    Thach, with clan outfits (like pictures 4 and 7) Do you have to wear the hat? Also, do all of the clans have access to the same quests, or are they different for each one?

No, It's your choice to wear or not anything you like.
    Quests are divided by regions. Some quests were clan specifics, most quests are available for everyone.

Thanks for all the helpfulness thach . Also, I have decided to go with wu-tang (at first, anyway), do you have any more important information about them, like pictures of what their clan outfits look like, what their clan area is like, or maybe some more info on how they fight?

• hokage4thhokage4th Member Posts: 9
    Lu Lin is losing on votes.. they don't seem that bad maybe we are underestimating this clan.  Its say that they use phy dmg so they must be pure str type.  If some1 can give more light on this clan plz
  • dangphamdangpham Member Posts: 33

this is one of the 4 out fix of the vlan u said it was the first one when u join the clan

• vuubuuvuubuu Member Posts: 16
    lol i wanna play that game so bad, go on and talk to ppl from vn pwn them too

none

•  that's WuTang right?............dang i hope they release the game before summer ends........
  • Hey dangpham.............where did u get the screenshot? the West version released yet? or is it from Korean version?
    it from vietnam version but the screen shot is my charrater so enjoy
  • KaphKaph Member Posts: 22

in game are there more wu-tang than any other clan thach?

Although over used, Ignorance truly is bliss