Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The absolute WORST MMORPG you have ever met!

This topic is for posting the WORST MMORPG you have ever seen! Post the name of the game and a reason or a remark on the game. Lets get criticising!

My worst game: OZ World

Reason: It's a totally out-dated game with really UGLY graphics that never saw a revamp. It's total bore fest with nothing to do but fish and buy clothes. Not even a little fighting action to liven the game up!

My Rating: *

*(1 star) Horrible
**(2 star) A bit shabby
***(3 star) Not bad, worth a try
****(4 star) Awesome, definetely worth a try!
*****(5 star) SUPER!

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    of the ones still alive, probably Dark & Light.

• asupermaneasupermane Member Posts: 682

- Runescape *Horrible

graphics suck, just terrible

- CoH *Not too Shabby
    too much of a grind

- SWG NGE *Horrible
    completely diff then pre-cu/even some of post cu
    not an awesome sandbox mmo n e more

-WoW
    i just hate the way the game is, grind, pve, item focused, lack of pvp
    -- I do like the interface, and some of that, the flight, and stuff is cool
    but the game over is *average
    good for kids or beginners

• GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451
    I'm mostly disappointed with the 100% instanced games like GW and DDO.  Although this is very contravesial, it is my opinion that they are not any more an MMO than Diablo or Mechwarrior.  

-W.

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

Worst mmorpg I have ever played was Dark and light.  Reasons are many:

Poor communication between players and developers, missing features, broken features, bugs, lag, and high expectations for a game that was advertised as something great, and turned out to be nothing but crap.

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

In terms of what I think is a bad game, I can find good points in a lot of games even the ones that are middle of the road. But runescape, just why does anyone play that. Apparently it's "subscriber" base is in the 100's of 1000's, say that because it is partly free to play.

No annoying animated GIF here!

• AzPunkAzPunk Member Posts: 65
    Runescape sucks the worst. It is definately what you'd call a bucket of bad apples...
  • ShadrakShadrak Member Posts: 375

Lineage 2 * horrible - griefer/gankers paradise, botters, korrean

Shadowbane * horrible Bad graphic,dead company,open pvp

Ultima Online * horrible OLD

Everquest 2 **** awesome Great graphics, interesting class, soloable and grouping

WOW **** awesome same as above

COH/V *** OK supr heroes! great character creation, neat powers.

• caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210
    SWG....the reason being it was such a good game turned into a horrible one.

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Man, where to start..........of the games I played..........

D&DO - no stars, absolute worst p.o.s. I ever loaded onto my poor drive

RFO- no stars, second worst game ever encountered.

EQII * has to be the MOST generic, dull, pointless, crappy artwork "big name" MMO on the market.

Runner ups would be........

SWG * - for being just so damn confused and ever changing.

Horizons * - they just never got it together.

Other then these games most of the others I have tried had something good about them and I enjoyed playing them:

L2, AC, AC2, WoW, DAoC, FFXI, GW, Planetside, even CoH.

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Originally posted by FahrenheitTH
    This topic is for posting the WORST MMORPG you have ever seen! Post the name of the game and a reason or a remark on the game. Lets get criticising!

My worst game: OZ World

Reason: It's a totally out-dated game with really UGLY graphics that never saw a revamp. It's total bore fest with nothing to do but fish and buy clothes. Not even a little fighting action to liven the game up!

My Rating: *

*(1 star) Horrible
    **(2 star) A bit shabby
    ***(3 star) Not bad, worth a try
    ****(4 star) Awesome, definetely worth a try!
    *****(5 star) SUPER!

Ultima Online.  Based on your rating system I give it a -48947925803785938759038094

member of imminst.org

• ConverseSCConverseSC Member Posts: 572
    Wow was a JERK when I first met him.

He kicked me in the nads and then stole my wallet.

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Blade Mistress.(no *'s)  Low bandwidth and grid-based movement/gameplay DOES NOT excuse you all from being ignorant no-helping morons. I had to figure everything,yes EVERYTHING out myself. But because the in-game community was silent and not helpful,I left.

There. (*) Awful camera controls. Really blurry text graphics. Just go play Second Life instead.

Oz Online (no *'s) They had to make a game revolving around florists,fishing and boredom. You'd find more things to do in Habbo Hotel,seriously.

Lineage 2 (**)- What you mean I have to change the resolution,revolve half my screen around and then end up playing a laggy,bad controls and camera POS? I'd rather play Shadowbane,thanks. You're spared one star because apparently if you endure this crap,you're rewarded with decent PvP.

Knight Online (no *'s)- lag + more lag + no direction = deleted.

• WhiteknightWhiteknight Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by ConverseSC
    Wow was a JERK when I first met him.He kicked me in the nads and then stole my wallet.

That son of a... Should we get an angry mob then?

Runescape *

It's a good day to beleive

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    Blade Mistress.  Try it and find out for yourself.

• KaotiXKaotiX Member Posts: 47

World of Warcraft. It would have been the worst game I ever played... if I haven't ever player Counter-Strike.

(Ok, there's something very wrong with my grammar.)

From Wikipedia:

"[The apostrophe] assists in marking the possessives of all nouns and many pronouns."
    "For the plural of abbreviations, an apostrophe is widely regarded as incorrect, so CDs is preferable to CD’s."

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by Shadrak

Lineage 2 * horrible - griefer/gankers paradise, botters, korrean
    Shadowbane * horrible Bad graphic,dead company,open pvp
    Ultima Online * horrible OLD

Everquest 2 **** awesome Great graphics, interesting class, soloable and grouping
    WOW **** awesome same as above
    COH/V *** OK supr heroes! great character creation, neat powers.

Directly reverse this statement above (replace the ones with one star with 5, and vice-versa) and you have exactly what I was going to say.

Lineage II - Great PvP (pvp actualy means something), amazing clan politics. (btw, every game has botters... sigh)

Shadowbane - Great pvP from what i've heard. Never got to play though :(.

Ultima Online- One of the best MMO's ever made IMO. It's gotten a bit stale now (UO2 please :() but it's an amazing game.

Everquest II - Graphics are technicly good, but boring, Nerfs galore ever other week, just a boring game. Has no 'flare' in it. And the PvPis some of the worst mess in a game i've seen in a while. Horray for pvp that means absolutly nothing!

WoW- Just.. crap =P. PvP also means nothing, and the 'end game' grind is worse than any other game.

COH/V- was fun for a bit, but way too instanced. IMO, just make the game like Guild wars. 99% of the missions you go on are in an instanced zone... It gets old.
  • BeanchillaBeanchilla Member Posts: 260

WoW-**
    Its fun for a week but is boring and repetitive and a huge grind.

Just another handsome boy graduate...

• Jav7469Jav7469 Member Posts: 10

Welp, I'm gonna go with Sims!! UGH!!! Nothing worse then playing real life on your computer. Horrible. Totally 1 star.

WoW sucked cause is sucked up so much of my time. Worse then a hoover vacume cleaner. 2 stars

Winners come and go,
    but legends are forever.

• ApharAphar Member Posts: 68
    Well worst game ever for me has to be Runescape lol. I mean really the xp system is the worst invented. Grind not really but i guess it sucked so bad i never got past lvl 30 cause it was pointless. I mean why pay money to play a game that sucks??
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

City of Heroes/Villians

and

DDO

horizons is a third

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106
    I don't consider Runescape a MMO...it's a freakin web-based game for crying out loud.  But...the worst MMO I think I have ever "met" would have to be RF Online.  just a plan out boring ass game :D

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• MyxophobiaMyxophobia Member Posts: 201
    Maple Story, HANDS DOWN.
    Any game that is actually BASED ON THE FACT OF GRINDING WITH NOTHING ELSE TO DO EXCEPT TWO MINIGAMES is surely the worst game that I have ever seen in my life.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by GrimSkunk2
    I'm mostly disappointed with the 100% instanced games like GW and DDO.  Although this is very contravesial, it is my opinion that they are not any more an MMO than Diablo or Mechwarrior.  

How can you think GW and DDO are the worst MMOs you've ever tried when you don't consider them to be MMO? (GW is a CORPG by Arenanets own statement)

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Origional SWG *****
    Final Fantasy XI ***
    EverQuest 2 ****
    World of Warcraft ****
    EvE Online *
    CoH/V ***

Those are all the MMO's I have played, in order.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    The two that gave me the worst impressions were Saga of Ryzom and Guild Wars, also perhaps Planescape and EQ2.  But the first two are quite strongly recognized as good games so one day I might try them again.