Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We bought Age of Mourning - Loud Ant Software - ad discussion

LoudAntSoftLoudAntSoft Loud Ant Software CEOMember Posts: 56

Re: Thrones of Chaos, formely Age Of Mourning, Ads on MMORPG.com

Hi Everyone,

This post may fall on deaf ears, but I thought i would give it a shot as the admins here with taking some heat for allowing us to advertise on this site. 

Loud Ant Software bought the remains of the disaster Age of Mourning in hope that we could revive it and make it into a good game. We are currently working on fixing all the bugs, redoing all the animations and models. You can see the progress being made on our site Thronesofchaos.com.

We are a completely new team, all  US based. We have no intention of ripping people off. In fact, our intentions are to make amends to the people that had lost money through the old development team when the game was Age of Mourning. We are offering all these people free lifetime accounts.

In addiition, on the release of the game, we are going to offer the game on a trial basis. If you dont like it after 7 days, then you dont have to buy a key, you dont have to buy anything. We are not going to charge you a penny for a game you dont want to play. We are not going to do pre orders or anything that requires you to pay an upfront fee.

We have been in communication with two people on the old development team simply to get answers  about the code/engine; this is the only connection we have with the old developement team.

Taking over hundreds of thousands of line of code with poor documentation is not an easy task and required our team to ask them questions. They advised in the sense that they showed us where things were. We currently have a team of 20 programmers based in the US working on this in hopes of giving it new life.

We are tarnished by what the old development company did to the game. Maybe we cant work our way out of it. However, we are going to try our best to make it work.

Colton

[email protected]

Comments

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by LoudAntSoft
    We are offering all these people free lifetime accounts.
    In addiition, on the release of the game, we are going to offer the game on a trial basis.

I would hope that when you say free trial account, you mean I never have to provide a credit card. Provided that's true, I think you're doing the right thing.

You have a tremendous uphill battle to overcome. Good luck on that.

• LoudAntSoftLoudAntSoft Loud Ant Software CEOMember Posts: 56

Originally posted by ianubisi

Originally posted by LoudAntSoft
    We are offering all these people free lifetime accounts.
    In addiition, on the release of the game, we are going to offer the game on a trial basis.

I would hope that when you say free trial account, you mean I never have to provide a credit card. Provided that's true, I think you're doing the right thing.

You have a tremendous uphill battle to overcome. Good luck on that.

You are correct. Try it out for 7 days, after that decide whether not you would like to pay for the key and monthly rate. We will not take a credit card until YOU decide you think the game is worth the money. Yes, we have an uphill battle. I hope we can come out in good shape. Thanks
  • BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356
    Care to explain your Dave-esque legal threats you sent to that Kre Libary's site for free speech? If this is not true, I would like to see this article they posted.

http://www.krelslibrary.org/

Sure. He was using some of our content without our permission which we asked him to take down. He complied and that was the end of it.  If you go to his site, he expresses clearly what he thinks about Age Of Mourning which is absolutely his right to do.

The launch of the game will be setup in such a way that there will be absolutely no way for anyone to be taken advantage of. I realize I have to do this as the old Dev team screwed a lot of things up. You can see every step of our progress on the site; we are not hiding anything and are very involved in the forums and the community.

Originally posted by Bitey
    Care to explain your Dave-esque legal threats you sent to that Kre Libary's site for free speech? If this is not true, I would like to see this article they posted.

http://www.krelslibrary.org/

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Wow, I guess the game is possibly getting back up on its feet?

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

Wow....that absolutley not what was stated:

[quote]
    For posting facts that were available to anyone with the ability to
    spend thirty minutes on Google, I have been threatened with a lawsuit
    by the esteemed Colton, new CEO of Thrones of Realm Chaos Torment:
    Mourning. Since I don't want to line a lawyer's pockets with my
    hard-earned money, I took the offending pages of The Troll
    down. The interview is still up there, though, as well as commentary on
    the Winter Banfest. And I'll attempt to keep the site up-to-date with
    the latest news about the game. Apologies to everyone who was
    dissappointed (all two of you). I still have the pages stored on my
    machine.[/quote]

[quote]
    Monday, June 20th, 2006: Because Colton threatened me with a
    lawsuit and because I have neither the time or the money to waste on
    lawyers to tell him he doesn't have a case, the most recent articles
    from The Troll were removed. I still have the pages, though.[/quote]

According to Pajari, the article contained no pictures of the game. Only pictures of myspace (I didn't know you owned the copyright of myspace) and some sort of blog. And no, he hasn't been able to go on about his opinion of mourning. The articles he wrote were taken down, and he is very upset about the whole thing.

Also, your forums are not open. Spoonbender (and old mourning Mod) claims that his posts were deleted or locked because of the quesitons asked.

I was only concerned about the copyrighted information he had on his site. He clearly states how he feels about the old  game throughout this site, so I fail to see  how I had an impact on his freedom of speech.

Wow....that absolutley not what was stated:

[quote]
    For posting facts that were available to anyone with the ability to
    spend thirty minutes on Google, I have been threatened with a lawsuit
    by the esteemed Colton, new CEO of Thrones of Realm Chaos Torment:
    Mourning. Since I don't want to line a lawyer's pockets with my
    hard-earned money, I took the offending pages of The Troll
    down. The interview is still up there, though, as well as commentary on
    the Winter Banfest. And I'll attempt to keep the site up-to-date with
    the latest news about the game. Apologies to everyone who was
    dissappointed (all two of you). I still have the pages stored on my
    machine.[/quote]

[quote]
    Monday, June 20th, 2006: Because Colton threatened me with a
    lawsuit and because I have neither the time or the money to waste on
    lawyers to tell him he doesn't have a case, the most recent articles
    from The Troll were removed. I still have the pages, though.[/quote]

According to Pajari, the article contained no pictures of the game. Only pictures of myspace (I didn't know you owned the copyright of myspace) and some sort of blog. And no, he hasn't been able to go on about his opinion of mourning. The articles he wrote were taken down, and he is very upset about the whole thing.

Pajari claims there are four articles, many containing no pictures. There was no pictures of the game. You don't own the copyright to myspace or a blog network or a chat log, what is the problem here?

I would like to see the written articles.

They are open.  If you go through the forums right now you can find negative posts. We are not censoring anything.  If you get spoonbender in touch with me I will work with him and find out what he is talking about.  The Mods have not been deleting posts unless they are really awful. But they dont delete any negaitve posts about the game.

Also, your forums are not open. Spoonbender (and old mourning Mod) claims that his posts were deleted or locked because of the quesitons asked.

Stop trying to get away from the question. There were no pictures of the game. Only pictures of myspace, and a blog. Most of it was some sort of article. Why are you so afriad of letting the public see this information? If I am lying or misinformed, please post the articles (I am sure you saw them if you were treating legal action) for us all to look at. I would like to view it.

It's also funny most of your mods are the same old mourning mods. Why would their behavior change?

Pajari claims there are four articles, many containing no pictures. There was no pictures of the game. You don't own the copyright to myspace or a blog network or a chat log, what is the problem here?

I would like to see the written articles.

I am not sure what articles you are talking about; you should ask him for them. I simply told him to take down our copyrighted information. I dont know why he would be worried about posting anything as long as it is not copyrighted material. Like I said before, his opinions are all over the site.
    What excatly are we classifing as copyrighted information? Why is it only those articles when down?

Tuesday, May 30th, 2006: It's been a while, but pardon us
    because events have only recently begun to move again. JD and I have
    prepared for you a few pages detailing the recent developments in the
    ongoing saga that is Mourning.

First off, some information about the new managers of Mourning's development.
    We have information on Mourning's new developers, and most of it is hilarious and depressing at the same time.
    The First Mechanized Infantry guild has been let into beta testing, and JD expertly sums up the fallout here.
    And, finally, JD offers his opinion on all of this.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

Stop trying to get away from the question. There were no pictures of the game. Only pictures of myspace, and a blog. Most of it was some sort of article. Why are you so afriad of letting the public see this information? If I am lying or misinformed, please post the articles (I am sure you saw them if you were treating legal action) for us all to look at. I would like to view it.

It's also funny most of your mods are the same old mourning mods. Why would their behavior change?

I dont know what articles you are talking about.  I am trying to answer your questions. There were pictures of the game and he took those down. You should ask him for these missing articles and then post them. Because I dont know which articles you are talking about.

Also can I tell Pajari to come to this post and post all the articles in a four post series? I would like to finally view what pajari said he couldn't send me for legal reasons.

Last Post:

What excatly are we classifing as copyrighted information? Why is it only those articles when down?

Site Said:

We have information on Mourning's new developers, and most of it is hilarious and depressing at the same time.
    The First Mechanized Infantry guild has been let into beta testing, and JD expertly sums up the fallout here.

I answered your question and gave you a solution as to how you could maybe obtain these articles which I dont know anything about.

What excatly are we classifing as copyrighted information?

You should ask him, as it is his site. I was simply coming on here to explain the position of the new team which is to fix the damage that was done by the old dev team.

Also can I tell Pajari to come to this post and post all the articles in a four post series? I would like to finally view what pajari said he couldn't send me for legal reasons.

Last Post:

Site Said:

What excatly are we classifing as copyrighted information? How can it be you never viewed the articles with the "offending" pictures?

• kahnzkahnz Member Posts: 244

if you are going to remake a MMORPG from the ground up, I can't fathom why you would pay to get the rights to a game with such a bad history.  However, a free 7 day trial with no CC number seems like a no lose situation. Good luck and I hope you make a great game (so I can play it :p ).

as far as the Mystery Articles on that guys website is concerned, if the administrator of the website really thought they had no case then he should have simply stood his ground.  It is in poor taste to comply with someone's complaint then bitch about them.  My guess is that there WAS a copyright infringement issue that was very grey area.  That is why Kre's Library removed the article.  They could have defended themselves in court without "lining some lawyers pockets" if that was really their reason.  Also, copyright infringement runs rampant on the internet and it doesn't take always take a screenshot in game to be a copyright infringement.  It could be an original game concept or mechanic involved.  If you never saw the article, don't jump to conclusions.

Balanced post kahnz. We actually are not making it from the ground up but redoing a lot of things to modernize and fix the major flaws in the game. It really is a win win situation. We hope the public likes the game.

We are not going to see a penny unless the game appeals to the public and that is the way it should be.

Colton

Originally posted by kahnz

if you are going to remake a MMORPG from the ground up, I can't fathom why you would pay to get the rights to a game with such a bad history.  However, a free 7 day trial with no CC number seems like a no lose situation. Good luck and I hope you make a great game (so I can play it :p ).
    as far as the Mystery Articles on that guys website is concerned, if the administrator of the website really thought they had no case then he should have simply stood his ground.  It is in poor taste to comply with someone's complaint then bitch about them.  My guess is that there WAS a copyright infringement issue that was very grey area.  That is why Kre's Library removed the article.  They could have defended themselves in court without "lining some lawyers pockets" if that was really their reason.  Also, copyright infringement runs rampant on the internet and it doesn't take always take a screenshot in game to be a copyright infringement.  It could be an original game concept or mechanic involved.  If you never saw the article, don't jump to conclusions.

I understand....but his story doesn't ad up. How couldn't he have viewed the articles and yet at the same time found copyright issues with them. Only those four articles are missing from the site.

• Ra'veRa've Member Posts: 203

Damn bitey you bored? Seems to me its a bigger issue to you than the guy who took the articles down. Anyhow Good luck on the development of the game Luckily i held out on mourning because of their attitudes if you guys back up what you originaly stated i will DEFINATELY keep an eye out for your game andgive it a chance to win me over.

Originally posted by Ra've

Damn bitey you bored? Seems to me its a bigger issue to you than the guy who took the articles down. Anyhow Good luck on the development of the game Luckily i held out on mourning because of their attitudes if you guys back up what you originaly stated i will DEFINATELY keep an eye out for your game andgive it a chance to win me over.

Thanks Ra've! We got the pieces in place; I am confident we can pull it off.

Balls on your court. Explain how this process of not seeing the article and at the same time find copyright issues with it works. What made these articles copyright infringment, some examples.