Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incentives to REPOPULATE THE CHAT ROOMS!

EgaoNoGenkiEgaoNoGenki Member Posts: 397

I just went in the main chat room and it was utterly empty.

I have suggestions for incentives to visit one:
  • Have the Staff run live weekly quiz contests.
    • The winner (i.e. the one with the most correct answers) earns a free MMORPG of their choice, an MMORPG.com clothing of their choice (T-shirt, jacket, hat, one of whatever they want) along with a free subscription for the first six months.
    • The second-place contestant: same, but with a free subscription for the first three months.
    • Third-place contestant: same, but with a one-month free subscription.
    • Fourth-place contestant: Just the free MMORPG of their choice.
    • In the case of ties: All quiz submissions ought to have time-stamps so in order to tiebreak, the chatter/player who submitted the correct answer earlier than the other wins.
  • Create a kind of player recognition system that counts the time they've been in a chatroom. Much like how we earn stars for making many posts, we could earn (whatever icons you decide on) for using the chatroom frequently. However, I strongly recommend that it only counts the time (seconds, minutes, hours, days) a user is in a chatroom instead of how many posts they make in there in order to discourage spamming.
  • Put "trophies" into users' profiles for participating and winning in these live quizzes. These trophies would say things like:
    • "This user has participated in the weekly live quizzes # times."
    • "This user answered # questions correctly in # weekly live quizzes."
    • "This user completed the weekly live quizzes in 3rd place # times."
    • "This user completed the weekly live quizzes in 2nd place # times."
    • "This user was the champion of the weekly live quizzes # times."

Comments