Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plz AnSwEr ThIs!

I have a question about AC1.  I am currently about to purchase the game and just wanted to get an idea of about how many people are subscribed to this game.  If u could give me a estimate plz. thank you

The Realm Online: 32 warrior 22 wizard

ShadowBane: 45 ranger 58 priest

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    they dont even sell this game at EB or GS anymroe...

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

I think it's about 9000 people, its been a while so I'm not sure anymore.

I hope you like the game, but a bit of advice, don't get into a monarchy w/ a buff bot or let people PL you...it totally makes the game a different experience.

I would play this game again if they made a new expansion or started a new retail of it on the west coast, just something to bring in new blood.

In short, I want an excuse to play this game again, but Turbine hasn't presented a good enough one yet.

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    I miss AC it was a great experience and would rate it above the likes of DAoC any day.

me too, Flem.

• shadowbanershadowbaner Member Posts: 16

thank you for the info on the game.  I have already ordered it from amazon.com and its shipping as i speak.  image

Do you guys want to start a AC character template post for shadowbaner?

• ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Well that all depends on your style? do you prefer Mage, melee, or Bow or something else?

• AC has roughly 100,000 accounts.

Out of those, a solid 50,000 are active and playing regularly.

This is totalling all the server populations together.

Each server almost always has 1,000 players regularly on them. You will always run into players in the villages.

The most popular meeting spot is a dungeon nicknamed the "Subway".

Ask around how to get to it. There are always hundreds of players there. If you show good manners, even if you're a newbie, everyone will help you out.

• ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88
    well if he's new will take awhile to find the sub. Try marketplace, once your in just type /marketplace. There's  usualy a few ppl in there most of them are bots but a few ppl there also. If ya join try Wintersebb server and you'll usualy see me around there or just "/tell Red Falcon, msg"image I can give ya some help in game.

• YahyaYahya Member Posts: 23

If you want a rough idea of numbers, check out this site:

http://pweb.netcom.com/~sirbruce/Subscriptions.html

AC has a smaller population than many other games.  That is due in large part to its age and lack of marketing.  It seems to be a "niche" game of sorts, catering to a small but loyal group of players.

Played these MMORPG's:
    AC1/AC2/AO/DAoC/EQ/ATITD/FFXI/UO
    Beta'd: RYL/SWG/E&B

• -Mithan--Mithan- Member Posts: 9
    They get about 5000-7000 people logged on daily, which means that active subscriptions are probably in the 30,000+ range. 

VN Forum Manager

VN Forum Manager

• The-RavenThe-Raven Member Posts: 234

Where do you guys get your numbers???  I play AC and those numbers were true about 2 years ago, but NO WAY is there that many people playing now.

On the weekends you might see 900 people on a server AND half of those are combat macors, buff bot macros, and trade macros leaving about 400 real life players!!

I PLAY ACDM, do you???

The number of new players coming into this game has been close to ZERO every since Turbine/Micro$oft pulled it from the selves a couple years ago in an attempt to get people into AC2 which turned out to be a big flop.

AC was a great game in its day, before all the 3rd party programs took over and make it so you do not even have to be at your computer to play and you will see that is the case for alot of players you come across in the game - they run combat macros.

When the game was first released Magic was an important factor in the game but not the main concern.  The highest level spells were very very very hard to aquire due to the configuration of the magic system which required that the higher level spells required personal magic ingrediants (forgive my spelling) for each character per each spell.  It was difficult to get the spell right and took many hours of trial and error to create a spell. 

Then one day some 3rd party programmer broke the code and release a 3rd party program that changed that over night.  Immediately everyone had access to the most powerful spells in the game and the developers had to scramble to FIX the game to deal with a play power base that was not anticipated to come for years down the road.

If you want to get an idea of the number of 3rd party applications for AC then take a look at http://acplugins.cjb.net/  and see for yourself that there is well over 100 plugins for AC.

About all characters under level 80 are re-rolls and those players do not have time to give you the time of day because they are busy power-leveling their new re-roll.  Most will not even speak to you.

Buff bots have created an entire race of player that has built their characters depentant on them.   Trade macros have removed any social aspect of trading in the game, and combat macros have gave way to characters and allegiances that are WAY over level and no little to nothing about the game.

Go to http://vnboards.ign.com/AC_Developers_Board/b5142/ and read the posts and look at the sigs of the people posting.  Most players are complaining for new HIGHER level content because they power leveled past the low level stuff and now they are board.  However this site is a double edged sword, you get an insite to what is going on but I do not believe the sampling of players on that site are the cream of the crop on the social scale image

The only good advice I can give you is do not use buff bots, once you do you are hooked.  If you power level you miss out on alot and the game get boring fast.  It will be hard to do unless you find other players playing like you do. 

A downfall in "fellowing" with another player (joining up with them to do a quest or share exp) is that you have to be within 5 levels to share equally and over 10 level difference and you can not fellow.   While that in itself is not a problem, trying to find "friends" to play with that do not power level is a problem.  The pressure is ssooooo great to level level level that much fun is missed :(  and it only takes one buff from a buff bot with the highest level spells to scream you past your level content and into the next level of content where you really should not be.

The best time I had playing that game was when I created a 3 school sword.  3 school means learning 3 schools of magic, life, creature, and item magic and he spec'd sword.  I NEVER let others buff me and ran away screaming if they tried image  I lived only on what my charcater would find and buy and only on the magic he could cast.

I also built a character and power-leveled using buff bots...it almost destroyed the game for me.  I played so much stuff so fast that the game started to become boring to me and now...I can't even log in.

If you do play and chose the server WintersEbb, look for The-Raven and I will make a new character and do it all again with ya! image

I do not mean to sound like the voice of doom and gloom but IMO most players in AC are waiting for EQ2, WoW, WarhammerOnline, UXO, etc .... to be released.

In its day AC was a great game but the 3rd party apps hurt it for me and many many others.

About the only good thing I can say here is that the developers have released that AC2 is putting a stop to buff bot macros and hopefully that will carry over to AC1.

flame away