Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE Station Pass

Hey just wanted some opinions about getting Station Pass.

I am an SWG Refugee who was talked into playing Vanguard by my guildmates.  As much as I hate the company, the game does look impressive, and if my whole guild shows up, I think i will really enjoy it. Assuming the average monthly price of MMO's goes up and this game complies, it seems to make more sense to buy a station pass.  However, I simply will NOT play that steaming pile of crap that is the NGE.  I also own a copy of the Matrix Online, and while id probably make another character if I got a Pass, that alone wouldn't make me get one.

So I'm wondering, is there any other game on SOE's roster that is worth paying the extra money for?  I know a lot of people who like Vanguard liked EQ and currently play EQ2...my only experience with that 'verse is the few days that I played the PS2 version.  I wasn't thrilled, but I'm sure its not really the same.

Comments

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117

Try the Trial of the Isle, EQ2 7 Day Freebie, gives you a taste of the game.

Might be worth it with Vanguard, considering a Pass myself when it comes out, i could noodle about on my Eq2 account too :)

The PS EQ is nothing like EQ and EQ2, saying that there have been some changes recently....

Peace

Tam

• ghettochildeghettochilde Member Posts: 50

Thanks!

• dinkdink Member Posts: 438

I just can't see anything worth playing from SOE except possibly Vanguard. . .  so I don't think the Station Pass will be worth it.

Gods & Heroes is only having Sony Platform Publishing print their CDs, box art, and distribute them to stores - Perpetual is keeping the rights to the game and will have their own customer service, game servers, and billing service - so it will never be on the Station Access Pass. 

If both of them were on the Station Access Pass, I'd definitely consider it - or if they were owned by Blizzard or NCSoft.  :) 

Station Access = where bad games go to linger.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

dink is probably right about that.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• RowdogRowdog Member Posts: 4
    I played SWG at launch and EQ2 for the first year.  I also played Planetside for a long time.  It's a fun game that in my opinion adds value to the pass.
  • GrimSkunk2GrimSkunk2 Member Posts: 451

Originally posted by Rowdog
    I played SWG at launch and EQ2 for the first year.  I also played Planetside for a long time.  It's a fun game that in my opinion adds value to the pass.

PlanetSide is pretty much free to play now (join the reserves) and because of this, it is full of hacks.  I'd never pay money for a pass if PS is the second game you're going to play and no other $OE subscription.  It is worth just paying for VG alone and playing PS as a reservist- in my opinion.

-W.

• VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

Originally posted by dink

I just can't see anything worth playing from SOE except possibly Vanguard. . .  so I don't think the Station Pass will be worth it.
    Gods & Heroes is only having Sony Platform Publishing print their CDs, box art, and distribute them to stores - Perpetual is keeping the rights to the game and will have their own customer service, game servers, and billing service - so it will never be on the Station Access Pass. 
    If both of them were on the Station Access Pass, I'd definitely consider it - or if they were owned by Blizzard or NCSoft.  :) 

This is pretty much the relationship that Vanguard has with SOE, only Sigil doesn't have the resources or will to keep a server farm. I think it would be cool if Gods and Heroes ended up on the Station. It would definately help out all companies involved.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780
    I donknow...when I was playing SWG shortly after the CU (which I did enjoy...refuse to play NGE), I had Station Pass and was playing EQ2 and EQ1 as well. I really do enjoy all of them for very different reasons. EQ1 has made massive strides in being more approachable int he last couple years. EQ2 is most definitely improving...unless of course your a crafter, but thats a different story.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Kane
     EQ2 is most definitely improving...unless of course your a crafter, but thats a different story.

EQ2 is such a lone grindfest - servers are a ghost town. Planetsides community is a big iffy - a lot of offensive kiddies have made it up to the rank of commander and shout crap at you. I keep coming back to the station pass from fond memories of PS & SWG but theres nothing on the ticket worth paying even an extra $1 for.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• jonakujonaku Member Posts: 281

wow, i may actually play gods & heroes. my concern with that game is that it's on the station pass. i will never play a game that's on station pass because i refuse to give soe any subscription revenue.
  • VengefulVengeful Member Posts: 473

Originally posted by jonaku

wow, i may actually play gods & heroes. my concern with that game is that it's on the station pass. i will never play a game that's on station pass because i refuse to give soe any subscription revenue.

LoL...You haven't said this before, but I'm definately not suprised....wait....are you Shayde?