Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to the game

aligjunioraligjunior Member UncommonPosts: 40

recently looking for a new MMO to try out and i have been wanting to try out shadowbane for a long time now and now it it TOTALLY FREE!!! which i was real happy aobut because now i can try out for free.

I was just wondering while i was downloadin the game, as a new person which is the most populater / best server to join? and also some basic infomation about what class i should start as. I should really look on the website for all the info but i was hoping i could get some quick basic info here.

thanks

Comments

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Mourning server.

Also,whatever class you choose make sure to look up the templates,at least for starting rune selection (they like skill runes you can take when you make character) so that you're on the right track. Might wanna basically find a complete template for your relevant character so that you know what to choose in-game. (some skills are bugged/useless)

You might find (after 22,when you must leave the safety of the newbie isle for safeholds and levelling in 'Strife',i.e PvP areas) yourself getting ganked a lot at first. Best to level in groups,but persist and one day you'll be ganking them back.

Look out particularly (if you gain a tracker or a tracker rune) for anyone wearing the 'Labyrinth of Aequitas' tag combined with a small green/black tag. I've found them to be quite the ganker type whenever they appear.

And have fun.

• aligjunioraligjunior Member UncommonPosts: 40
    just wondering what would be the best option if i want to use a bow and do some nice damage from range. Or would it be possible to link a easy guide to follow because ones i have looked up are abit meaningless to me atm , just started the game everything looks a bit confusing atm lol but ill spend time working out what everything does
  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by aligjunior
    just wondering what would be the best option if i want to use a bow and do some nice damage from range. Or would it be possible to link a easy guide to follow because ones i have looked up are abit meaningless to me atm , just started the game everything looks a bit confusing atm lol but ill spend time working out what everything does

I was suggested that the 'ranger' class was good at decent ranged damage. Rangers have decent attack and best stamina regen buff in-game,can move fast and can track people.

http://ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=playerguides&Number=2465887&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1= Ranger guide I found useful; although it doesn't cover all race templates it does suggest useful rune choices.

Huntresses are also meant to be good long-range,can track like the ranger and have some decent run buffs and DOT's. Can also tame pets I believe. Dunno much about this class.

(Scouts are also meant to be good,but not recommended for the starter player,apparently. They are similiar to the ranger but have other advantages like Detect Hidden,etc. I think they do less dmg than rangers however.)